No announcement yet.

Salary by each player

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

and of course the best signing Daniel Graham 15mill, you guessed it, guarenteed

http://www.aolnews.com/2007/03/07/da...sive-contract/

Comment

Originally posted by MHSalute View Post
      Why? Total salaries would be about 82MM for all those players in 2011. They are missing some bonuses, but players like Doom and Champ did not get big signing bonuses. Instead we guaranteed salary. Kuper, Moreno, and Ayers got front loaded so they will be cheaper moving forward.
      So does that mean we have 38 mm to spend in free agency? Because that seems like enough to pull in some of the big names and even a few middle of the road type players.
      2011 Draft:
      -Orton for a 3rd
      -Bailey for another second

1st-Patrick Peterson CB LSU
      2nd-Jared Crick DE Nebraska
      2nd-Mark Barron S Alabama
      2nd-Sam Acho OLB Texas
      3rd-Alex Wujciak ILB Maryland
      3rd-Clint Boling OL Georgia
      4th-Kendrick Ellis NT Hampton
      6th-Derrick Locke RB Kentucky

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
        I'm sure this is the first time I've posted this......

Long snapper...........Really???????

There must be a correlation somewhere that states that teams with high paid Long Snappers win more often.....

And I supported Josh for the longest time.....

But REALLY????????
        yea in another thread I bashed that signing as well, long snappers althought important, should be making the league min..... we must have the leagues best long snapper or something, maybe he's indirectly related to bowlen, who knows

Comment

Originally posted by BlueOrange7 View Post
          how is that not for sure? Unless they get picked up from another team, were forced to pay that amount, its contractual

and yes I still don't get the other 13mill
          There was discussion of credits given to teams for dead money over the first two years of the CBA. Because of the gag order, we do not know how it is going to work yet.

Because 2010 had no cap, these credits would allow teams to get back in line with the salary cap over the before mentioned two years.

Dead money is typically accelerated bonuses which have already been paid, not guaranteed salary. If the salary was guaranteed, there would be no reason for the cuts. Why cut a player you will still need to pay? The 12MM we would be hit with has already been paid out, so the thinking is if a new Cap, why count old payments against it when there was no cap before.

We will see, but that is my interpretation of what has been disclosed.
          Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Comment

Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
            I find it hard to believe they would cut Bannan and J. Williams while still having to pay them $8.2M and having no DT on the roster and no money to replace them. It makes so little sense I don't believe it.

Bannan's contract was:

According to a league source, Bannan's five-year deal is worth $22 million and includes a $6.245 million signing bonus and $10.5 million in total guaranteed money.

10.5 guaranteed including a 6.25 signing bonus. that leaves 4.25 left and he got paid last season. How does that leave 4.9 for this year? Does the signing bonus not count towards guaranteed money? I am unsure.
            cut williams due to the fact he is a 3-4 nose tackle, bannan because he has too high a contract although they want him to come back, if he is willing to re-work his contract, then cut graham because, well frankly he is old and sucks

Comment

Originally posted by tpbronco View Post
              So does that mean we have 38 mm to spend in free agency? Because that seems like enough to pull in some of the big names and even a few middle of the road type players.
              I'm guessing it'll be a little less than that, maybe $20 mill by the time it's all said and done. That being said, that's before we hopefully move Orton (freeing up $9 mill) and restructure Dawkins (freeing up maybe $4 mill or so).

I'm just not sure where all these places are getting these numbers, the math in no way adds up, you'd have to add $40 mill in additional money we're spending that I can't anywhere find to even come close to the numbers they're talking.

Comment

cut williams due to the fact he is a 3-4 nose tackle, bannan because he has too high a contract although they want him to come back, if he is willing to re-work his contract, then cut graham because, well frankly he is old and sucks
                We did cut Graham, and most of the players had front loaded contracts meaning most of the guaranteed money has been paid.
                What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
                I don't know and I don't care

Comment

Originally posted by MHSalute View Post
                  There was discussion of credits given to teams for dead money over the first two years of the CBA. Because of the gag order, we do not know how it is going to work yet.

Because 2010 had no cap, these credits would allow teams to get back in line with the salary cap over the before mentioned two years.

Dead money is typically accelerated bonuses which have already been paid, not guaranteed salary. If the salary was guaranteed, there would be no reason for the cuts. Why cut a player you will still need to pay? The 12MM we would be hit with has already been paid out, so the thinking is if a new Cap, why count old payments against it when there was no cap before.

We will see, but that is my interpretation of what has been disclosed.
                  dead money is paying money to players/coaches that are not on your team. coaches cut players who are still owed money to open up roster spots these players are underachieving/do not fit the system

Comment

Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
                    We did cut Graham, and most of the players had front loaded contracts meaning most of the guaranteed money has been paid.
                    wrong, we oew them over the length of the terms of the contract

Comment

How much of that was already paid. I couldn't find a signing bonus for him or how much his salary was last season.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
                        How much of that was already paid. I couldn't find a signing bonus for him or how much his salary was last season.
                        obviously we still owe him close to 3.5-4 mill so i woul hope this is the last check he would get signed by mr. bowlen

Comment

wrong, we oew them over the length of the terms of the contract
                          Nope, for example Williams had 7mil guaranteed and signed a 6.3mil signing bonus, which we paid a majority of his 1st year, so most of the money has already been paid

Comment

Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
                            Nope, for example Williams had 7mil guaranteed and signed a 6.3mil signing bonus, which we paid a majority of his 1st year, so most of the money has already been paid
                            then how do we still owe him 3.5 to 4 mill? I think you are the one is wrong sir

I believe how it works, is even if we did pay them the toatl amount, you have to account for the payment against the salary cap over the years in his contract, coul dbe wrong but check it out

http://entertainment.howstuffworks.com/question644.htm
                            Last edited by BlueOrange7; 07-19-2011, 09:48 AM.

Comment

then how do we still owe him 3.5 to 4 mill? I think you are the one is wrong sir
                              Don't get me wrong I could very well be wrong, I was just under the impression we heavily loaded his front end, because he was older and injury prone so if we had to cut him for whatever reason we weren't in this problem

Comment

See, this is the part that makes no sense to me......they cut him because his salary was too high and want him back....but they still have to pay him $5M.

Why would they cut him to save salary if they have to pay him anyway and then pay another to take his place on top of that?

If they had to pay him regardless and they wanted to keep him, they would have just kept him. That doesn't add up.

Same with J. Williams. If they had to pay him regardless, they would have kept him as well.

I think with so much supposedly guaranteed money to these 2 guys they would have tried to trade them first before outright cutting.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X