X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BlueOrange7
    replied
    Originally posted by MHSalute View Post
    There was discussion of credits given to teams for dead money over the first two years of the CBA. Because of the gag order, we do not know how it is going to work yet.

Because 2010 had no cap, these credits would allow teams to get back in line with the salary cap over the before mentioned two years.

Dead money is typically accelerated bonuses which have already been paid, not guaranteed salary. If the salary was guaranteed, there would be no reason for the cuts. Why cut a player you will still need to pay? The 12MM we would be hit with has already been paid out, so the thinking is if a new Cap, why count old payments against it when there was no cap before.

We will see, but that is my interpretation of what has been disclosed.
    dead money is paying money to players/coaches that are not on your team. coaches cut players who are still owed money to open up roster spots these players are underachieving/do not fit the system

Leave a comment:

• the0rangecrush
    replied
    Originally posted by BlueOrange7 View Post
    cut williams due to the fact he is a 3-4 nose tackle, bannan because he has too high a contract although they want him to come back, if he is willing to re-work his contract, then cut graham because, well frankly he is old and sucks
    We did cut Graham, and most of the players had front loaded contracts meaning most of the guaranteed money has been paid.

Leave a comment:

• Hoserman117
    replied
    Originally posted by tpbronco View Post
    So does that mean we have 38 mm to spend in free agency? Because that seems like enough to pull in some of the big names and even a few middle of the road type players.
    I'm guessing it'll be a little less than that, maybe $20 mill by the time it's all said and done. That being said, that's before we hopefully move Orton (freeing up $9 mill) and restructure Dawkins (freeing up maybe $4 mill or so).

I'm just not sure where all these places are getting these numbers, the math in no way adds up, you'd have to add $40 mill in additional money we're spending that I can't anywhere find to even come close to the numbers they're talking.

Leave a comment:

• BlueOrange7
    replied
    Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    I find it hard to believe they would cut Bannan and J. Williams while still having to pay them $8.2M and having no DT on the roster and no money to replace them. It makes so little sense I don't believe it.

Bannan's contract was:

According to a league source, Bannan's five-year deal is worth $22 million and includes a $6.245 million signing bonus and $10.5 million in total guaranteed money.

10.5 guaranteed including a 6.25 signing bonus. that leaves 4.25 left and he got paid last season. How does that leave 4.9 for this year? Does the signing bonus not count towards guaranteed money? I am unsure.
    cut williams due to the fact he is a 3-4 nose tackle, bannan because he has too high a contract although they want him to come back, if he is willing to re-work his contract, then cut graham because, well frankly he is old and sucks

Leave a comment:

• MHSalute
    replied
    how is that not for sure? Unless they get picked up from another team, were forced to pay that amount, its contractual

and yes I still don't get the other 13mill
    There was discussion of credits given to teams for dead money over the first two years of the CBA. Because of the gag order, we do not know how it is going to work yet.

Because 2010 had no cap, these credits would allow teams to get back in line with the salary cap over the before mentioned two years.

Dead money is typically accelerated bonuses which have already been paid, not guaranteed salary. If the salary was guaranteed, there would be no reason for the cuts. Why cut a player you will still need to pay? The 12MM we would be hit with has already been paid out, so the thinking is if a new Cap, why count old payments against it when there was no cap before.

We will see, but that is my interpretation of what has been disclosed.

Leave a comment:

• BlueOrange7
    replied
    Originally posted by CanDB View Post
    I'm sure this is the first time I've posted this......

Long snapper...........Really???????

There must be a correlation somewhere that states that teams with high paid Long Snappers win more often.....

And I supported Josh for the longest time.....

But REALLY????????
    yea in another thread I bashed that signing as well, long snappers althought important, should be making the league min..... we must have the leagues best long snapper or something, maybe he's indirectly related to bowlen, who knows

Leave a comment:

• tpbronco
    replied
    Why? Total salaries would be about 82MM for all those players in 2011. They are missing some bonuses, but players like Doom and Champ did not get big signing bonuses. Instead we guaranteed salary. Kuper, Moreno, and Ayers got front loaded so they will be cheaper moving forward.
    So does that mean we have 38 mm to spend in free agency? Because that seems like enough to pull in some of the big names and even a few middle of the road type players.

Leave a comment:

• BlueOrange7
    replied
    and of course the best signing Daniel Graham 15mill, you guessed it, guarenteed

http://www.aolnews.com/2007/03/07/da...sive-contract/

Leave a comment:

• BlueOrange7
    replied
    Jamal Williams 7mill Guaranteed

http://www.sbnation.com/2010/3/9/136...oncos-chargers

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    I'm sure this is the first time I've posted this......

Long snapper...........Really???????

There must be a correlation somewhere that states that teams with high paid Long Snappers win more often.....

And I supported Josh for the longest time.....

But REALLY????????

Leave a comment:

• BlueOrange7
    replied
    http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...t-details.html
    bannan due 10.25 in GUARANTEED money

Leave a comment:

• the0rangecrush
    replied
    Thanks MHS CP for the work when I get home, I'm going to send a question to the mailbags of Bill Williamson Matt Williamson, and Clayton. Perhaps if we send enough emails they will respond to the mysterious lack of money.

Leave a comment:

• broncos SB2010
    replied
    They have contracts they have to pay bannan, williams, & Graham Denver's "dead money" — cap numbers for players no longer on the roster — includes $4.996 million for Bannan, $3.25 million for Graham and $3.43 million for Williams
    I find it hard to believe they would cut Bannan and J. Williams while still having to pay them $8.2M and having no DT on the roster and no money to replace them. It makes so little sense I don't believe it.

Bannan's contract was:

According to a league source, Bannan's five-year deal is worth $22 million and includes a $6.245 million signing bonus and $10.5 million in total guaranteed money.

10.5 guaranteed including a 6.25 signing bonus. that leaves 4.25 left and he got paid last season. How does that leave 4.9 for this year? Does the signing bonus not count towards guaranteed money? I am unsure.

Leave a comment:

• BlueOrange7
    replied
    Originally posted by ramanboy33 View Post
    This isn't true. NFL contracts are not guaranteed.
    uhhh, yeah it is... guarenteed money in a lot of nfl contracts

Leave a comment:

• BlueOrange7
    replied
    Here are the numbers I have put together showing the 95MM. For the life of me, I can not find where they think 8MM more is going to.

Elvis Dumervil at 14,000,000
    Champ Bailey at 11,000,000
    Kyle Orton at 8,979,000
    Chris Kuper at 7,000,000
    Brian Dawkins at 6,000,000
    D.J. Williams at 4,900,000
    Andre' Goodman at 3,880,000
    Tim Tebow at 3,618,750
    Ryan Clady at 3,105,000
    Renaldo Hill at 2,400,000
    Jabar Gaffney at 2,400,000
    Kevin Vickerson at 2,000,000
    Knowshon Moreno at 2,000,000
    Mario Haggan at 1,930,000
    Correll Buckhalter at 1,920,000
    Demaryius Thomas at 1,637,500
    Brandon Lloyd at 1,495,000
    Robert Ayers at 880,000
    Russ Hochstein at 865,000
    Lonie Paxton at 865,000
    Nathan Jones at 800,000
    Jason Hunter at 715,000
    Brady Quinn at 700,000
    Daniel Coats at 640,000
    Eddie Royal at 555,000
    Chevis Jackson at 555,000
    Spencer Larsen at 555,000
    Steven Hauschka at 555,000
    Joe Mays at 555,000
    Richard Quinn at 480,000
    David Veikune at 480,000
    David Bruton at 480,000
    Lendale White at 480,000
    Darcel McBath at 480,000
    Matt Willis at 480,000
    Dan Gronkowski at 480,000
    Eric Olsen at 409,000
    Stanley Daniels at 405,000
    Britt Davis at 405,000
    Chris Clark at 405,000
    Syd'Quan Thompson at 405,000
    Cassius Vaughn at 405,000
    Eric Decker at 405,000
    Zane Beadles at 405,000
    J.D. Walton at 405,000
    Britton Colquitt at 405,000
    Ben Garland at 405,000
    Perrish Cox at 405,000
    Jeff Byers at 330,000
    Braxton Kelley at 330,000

Total 95,389,250
    and some of those numbers are prolly off a little so I would give or take 5 mill but still there is money being claimed by sources that is somewhat mysterious

Leave a comment:

Working...
X