Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fightinglee
    replied
    we signed maroney to 5 years?? man mcdaniels sucks.

Leave a comment:

• KWHIT97
    replied
    Originally posted by MHSalute View Post
    What is not being discussed is the fact we will not have any huge re-signs for 2012. This will also let us put together more front loaded offers like we did with Doom and Kuper.

If you are a free agent do you take the back loaded deal or the front loaded one?

If dead money does not hit and we easily cut/reduce/trade the 20MM we can, that is 30MM (even if the numbers are right, which they I do not believe they are).

30MM is three top FAs or 2 top and 3 mid tier contracts we can also front load to year two.
    Clady will need to be tended to soon, if he puts together one more good year he will need to be paid like a top 5 LT.

Royal's contract will be up as well, he shouldn't be too expensive though.

Leave a comment:

• broncos SB2010
    replied
    Originally posted by #24 Next Champ View Post
    It's pathetic how much less FB players make compared to MLB and NBA guys...jokeeee

How is Eddie Royal making $555,000 ???

Insane
    I would happily take that salary

Leave a comment:

• #24 Next Champ
    replied
    It's pathetic how much less FB players make compared to MLB and NBA guys...jokeeee

How is Eddie Royal making $555,000 ???

Insane

Leave a comment:

• db1978
    replied
    Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Finally my last little ranting point, which I've hit on several times...how can contracts signed in a non capped world, and being terminated in a non capped world become subject to a future cap?!
    Thank you Butler! Great way of saying what I was thinking.
    The 2011 season hasn't started yet so guys cut last year shouldn't affect this years cap. THAT'S the reason why they were cut before the CBA expired and may try to be renegotiated (aka resigned) by the FO.

Leave a comment:

• MHSalute
    replied
    Originally posted by Holger_Danske View Post
    That link at Spotrac way above totals 80.20925 Million.
    Yes, but it is not including bonuses to be paid THIS year, for example Champ's 5MM, and some of my numbers are rounded.

Leave a comment:

• Holger_Danske
    replied
    Originally posted by MHSalute View Post
    Here are the numbers I have put together showing the 95MM. For the life of me, I can not find where they think 8MM more is going to.

Elvis Dumervil at 14,000,000
    Champ Bailey at 11,000,000
    Kyle Orton at 8,979,000
    Chris Kuper at 7,000,000
    Brian Dawkins at 6,000,000
    D.J. Williams at 4,900,000
    Andre' Goodman at 3,880,000
    Tim Tebow at 3,618,750
    Ryan Clady at 3,105,000
    Renaldo Hill at 2,400,000
    Jabar Gaffney at 2,400,000
    Kevin Vickerson at 2,000,000
    Knowshon Moreno at 2,000,000
    Mario Haggan at 1,930,000
    Correll Buckhalter at 1,920,000
    Demaryius Thomas at 1,637,500
    Brandon Lloyd at 1,495,000
    Robert Ayers at 880,000
    Russ Hochstein at 865,000
    Lonie Paxton at 865,000
    Nathan Jones at 800,000
    Jason Hunter at 715,000
    Brady Quinn at 700,000
    Daniel Coats at 640,000
    Eddie Royal at 555,000
    Chevis Jackson at 555,000
    Spencer Larsen at 555,000
    Steven Hauschka at 555,000
    Joe Mays at 555,000
    Richard Quinn at 480,000
    David Veikune at 480,000
    David Bruton at 480,000
    Lendale White at 480,000
    Darcel McBath at 480,000
    Matt Willis at 480,000
    Dan Gronkowski at 480,000
    Eric Olsen at 409,000
    Stanley Daniels at 405,000
    Britt Davis at 405,000
    Chris Clark at 405,000
    Syd'Quan Thompson at 405,000
    Cassius Vaughn at 405,000
    Eric Decker at 405,000
    Zane Beadles at 405,000
    J.D. Walton at 405,000
    Britton Colquitt at 405,000
    Ben Garland at 405,000
    Perrish Cox at 405,000
    Jeff Byers at 330,000
    Braxton Kelley at 330,000

Total 95,389,250
    That link at Spotrac way above totals 80.20925 Million.

Leave a comment:

• MHSalute
    replied
    Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Finally my last little ranting point, which I've hit on several times...how can contracts signed in a non capped world, and being terminated in a non capped world become subject to a future cap?!
    I have tried to share my opinion that it will not, because without a cap there is no spreading out of money paid. In other words, no cap = no cap figures.

Since the official 2011 season has not started yet, all previous moves have no cap implications beyond current salaries and bonuses due to be paid out this year (after new CBA is signed).

The media has no idea about this because they have not seen the language either, so fans just need to wait.

Leave a comment:

• Butler By'Note
    replied
    The Denver Post is assuming that the contracts given to are signing bonuses, however they could have well been roster bonuses in which case we may not be hit with any cap penalty. If I'm not mistaken (and I could very well be) roster bonuses are divided by the number of years and given an equal value against the cap over the length of the contract. However a roster bonus is counted as a lump sum against the cap the year that it is due.

So if we gave Williams a contract with a $6.5 miliion dollar ROSTER bonus (just an example) it would have been counted against the cap last year, and this year would just be his salary. Which would result in no cap penalty when he is cut.

Also the term "guaranteed money" can be very misleading. A contract can be guaranteed against injury (if player A gets injured in year 1 his salary becomes guaranteed for year 2...but only if he gets injured otherwise year 2 is not guaranteed) but agents will report this as guaranteed money because it pumps up the numbers and can appeal to new potential clients.

Leave a comment:

• BlueOrange7
    replied
    Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    just because they want to does not mean he wants to. They gave him the option of re-working his deal or going to FA. He chose FA. Hence he was CUT.

I don't even know if they could re-work his contract at this point. He is a UFA since he was cut. He has no contract. If they wanted him back they would have to give him a brand new contract regardless of the old one.

Look it up on the google machine before you post.
    I never said that he would want to, and of course he can listen to other teams, he was cut? That doesn't meant hte Broncos can't come knocking on his door to match an offer that would prolly be lower than the contract they gave him a year ago; which is why they cut him. They prolly cut him to give him the opprotunity to test the market to see what offers he gets & then they will work with him, due to the fact his other contract was too high. bud

Leave a comment:

• broncos SB2010
    replied
    Originally posted by BlueOrange7 View Post
    They want to re-work his contract, meaning to come back to the team. look it up on the google machine before you post
    just because they want to does not mean he wants to. They gave him the option of re-working his deal or going to FA. He chose FA. Hence he was CUT.

I don't even know if they could re-work his contract at this point. He is a UFA since he was cut. He has no contract. If they wanted him back they would have to give him a brand new contract regardless of the old one.

Look it up on the google machine before you post.
    Last edited by broncos SB2010; 07-19-2011, 11:43 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Grabber
    replied
    Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post
    Moreno got $13.7 mill guaranteed while Ayers got $9.7 mill guaranteed.

Also, Knowshon has a nice little club option in 2014 so we can either pay him $4 mill or release him into FA a season early, which could work out nice for him.
    Thanks Hoser.

CP

Leave a comment:

• Hoserman117
    replied
    Originally posted by Grabber View Post
    From the link the OP provided:

Robert Ayers 5 yr/$18,340,000

Knowshon Moreno 5 yr/$16,700,000

Am I missing something? Ayers was selected at 18. Six spots after Moreno at 12.

How did he get a higher dollar contract? Maybe Moreno got more guaranteed money? Maybe a DE/OLB can demand more money than a RB even if getting drafted later? Just seems a bit odd.
    Moreno got $13.7 mill guaranteed while Ayers got $9.7 mill guaranteed.

Also, Knowshon has a nice little club option in 2014 so we can either pay him $4 mill or release him into FA a season early, which could work out nice for him.

Leave a comment:

• MHSalute
    replied
    This is the most logical thing to do Until then everything is just guessing.
    NOBODY PANIC lol

It will be what it will be...

Leave a comment:

• BlueOrange7
    replied
    They didn't rework it though, they cut him.
    They want to re-work his contract, meaning to come back to the team. look it up on the google machine before you post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X