Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HUMCALC
    replied
    He's more than a one year wonder because he played well in 2009. I say keep him for the year because if he does well you can extend him, if he plays poorly let him go

Leave a comment:

• broncos SB2010
    replied
    Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
    I already said my due, but I just thought of something, that I wanna ask to the ones that just wanna flat out keep him.

We have good depth if not better at wide out, if we traded Brandon for a stud D-linemen plus a pick or just a flat out stud. Would you trade Lloyd?
    in a heartbeat

Leave a comment:

• CoryWinget81
    replied
    I say trade him. He's hit his ceiling, and we've seen the best he's ever gonna do.

Lets start some of the younger WR's and trade Lloyd for picks while his value is high. It's not like we're competing for the SB.

Leave a comment:

• FL BRONCO
    replied
    If dt were healthy i might think differently but if we are starting tt he is going to need some effective targets to be successful especially going long. I think we have to keep lloyd atleast this year if for no other reason to help in the developement of our new qb and offense and to help mentoring the younger guys in it. I would keep him this year and reevaluate towards the end of the year.

Leave a comment:

• jetdrumz
    replied
    Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
    Ryan Clady was an All-Pro selection in 2008 and 2009. Maybe he is our best player on offense. But Brandon Lloyd is right behind him with an All-Pro season in 2010. The Broncos need more talent on the roster. The WR position is in good shape for now and Lloyd is a big reason why. The team should not lose him.

Lloyd is 30-years old but his legs are fresh, his body is not breaking down. I think he will be able to keep producing 3, 4 years down the road. And Lloyd is not just a burner that relies only on speed. He can make the acrobatic catch like Larry Fitzgerald, finding the ball in the air even when the defensive back is in good position.

If the Broncos need 2, 3 or 4 years to rebuild the roster and become competitive again, Lloyd will be an important piece. He is the #1 WR. That's one less problem for the team to worry about.
    Lol. Clady is untouchable in my mind at this point so I never even considered him.

Leave a comment:

• -Rod-
    replied
    Ryan Clady was an All-Pro selection in 2008 and 2009. Maybe he is our best player on offense. But Brandon Lloyd is right behind him with an All-Pro season in 2010. The Broncos need more talent on the roster. The WR position is in good shape for now and Lloyd is a big reason why. The team should not lose him.

Lloyd is 30-years old but his legs are fresh, his body is not breaking down. I think he will be able to keep producing 3, 4 years down the road. And Lloyd is not just a burner that relies only on speed. He can make the acrobatic catch like Larry Fitzgerald, finding the ball in the air even when the defensive back is in good position.

If the Broncos need 2, 3 or 4 years to rebuild the roster and become competitive again, Lloyd will be an important piece. He is the #1 WR. That's one less problem for the team to worry about.

Leave a comment:

• jetdrumz
    replied
    Look. if Demaryius Thomas was healthy and ready to go, I might consider it. But he's not and the last thing this team needs is to ship out the league's leading WR and one of it's better players (again)....especially since there may be a young QB out there that could use the help.

Leave a comment:

• Bernie24
    replied
    If he has another great year I'd probably franchise tag him

Leave a comment:

• Syvari
    replied
    Kyle Orton is a good qb. But not a difference maker. That is why Tebow was drafted. He can make plays when the play is needed to be made. Now people are clambering for him to start because if this fact. That's how I feel about DJ Williams. He is a good lb. But he doesn't make great plates in my opinion. I may be wrong but that's just my opinion.

Leave a comment:

• the0rangecrush
    replied
    Originally posted by Syvari View Post
    i also think we should trade dj for a 2nd....were stacked at lb and we need talent. give the young guys a chance to play and get a pretty high pick for him next year
    I'm gonna have to disagree with you on this one, DJ is the best linebacker on the roster. We are stacked with bodies not talent. So I wouldn't move the most talented linebacker

Leave a comment:

• the0rangecrush
    replied
    Originally posted by MHSalute View Post
    Yes, I am starting to get the sense EFX is less on board with a rebuild as we were led to believe with the "build through the draft" rhetoric.

Anyone who has followed football can see for long term success, you can not straddle the fence, you either commit to the rebuild or end up in mediocrity.

I feel every move we make should be focused on 2013 being the year, if we are lucky it happens in 2012. However, when it happens we should be able to go on a 5-6 year run as a relevant contender.

To me Deangelo, Bannan, Orton, Lloyd, BDawk, and any other twilight FA just does not fit my opinion...
    I think the fact Fox had instant success is a huge factor, in fact I think that was the sole reason he was brought in, I think we panicked a bit and brought him in.

Leave a comment:

• MaloCS
    replied
    Originally posted by MHSalute View Post
    Yes, I am starting to get the sense EFX is less on board with a rebuild as we were led to believe with the "build through the draft" rhetoric.

Anyone who has followed football can see for long term success, you can not straddle the fence, you either commit to the rebuild or end up in mediocrity.

I feel every move we make should be focused on 2013 being the year, if we are lucky it happens in 2012. However, when it happens we should be able to go on a 5-6 year run as a relevant contender.

To me Deangelo, Bannan, Orton, Lloyd, BDawk, and any other twilight FA just does not fit my opinion...
    Great post! :thumb:

I feel bad for posting this because I love the guy as much as a fan can love a player but Champ fits right in to your insightful philosophy. It pains me to say it but his presence and value could go a long way in righting the ship. Just look at the wonders the Herschel Walker trade did for Dallas in the early 90s. That trade created the foundation for their dynasty.

EDITED -- I take back my statement... I can't bear to see Champ leave so I'm off to punish myself with a rusty cheese grater.

Leave a comment:

• Syvari
    replied
    i also think we should trade dj for a 2nd....were stacked at lb and we need talent. give the young guys a chance to play and get a pretty high pick for him next year

Leave a comment:

• MHSalute
    replied
    Originally posted by MaloCS View Post

Loyd's presence on the roster really doesn't help the Broncos because he would be monopolizing valuable reps that the younger players need in order to grow with the team as it's rebuilding.
    I also have concerns with Tebow building up a relationship with Lloyd only to see him gone after this year.

Losing your main target can really regress a QB. If we are going with Tebow, we need to start cultivating the receivers he is going to be throwing to for the long haul.

Signing Lloyd to 3 years would be okay, it gives Tebow "his guy" for a few years. Worst case is Lloyd being that guy and leaving in 2012.

Leave a comment:

• MHSalute
    replied
    Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    It all depends on how much we believe in the rebuild, IMO EFX doesn't believe we need to rebuild. however for me a second pretty much seals the deal, we could easily find his replacement with that, or add more talent.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X