No announcement yet.

What to do with Lloyd?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kyle Orton is a good qb. But not a difference maker. That is why Tebow was drafted. He can make plays when the play is needed to be made. Now people are clambering for him to start because if this fact. That's how I feel about DJ Williams. He is a good lb. But he doesn't make great plates in my opinion. I may be wrong but that's just my opinion.

Comment

If he has another great year I'd probably franchise tag him

Comment

Look. if Demaryius Thomas was healthy and ready to go, I might consider it. But he's not and the last thing this team needs is to ship out the league's leading WR and one of it's better players (again)....especially since there may be a young QB out there that could use the help.
        Decimating the competition, leaving in the wake a blind ambition.

elecshoc
        You will be for ever known as the truth see-er

Comment

Ryan Clady was an All-Pro selection in 2008 and 2009. Maybe he is our best player on offense. But Brandon Lloyd is right behind him with an All-Pro season in 2010. The Broncos need more talent on the roster. The WR position is in good shape for now and Lloyd is a big reason why. The team should not lose him.

Lloyd is 30-years old but his legs are fresh, his body is not breaking down. I think he will be able to keep producing 3, 4 years down the road. And Lloyd is not just a burner that relies only on speed. He can make the acrobatic catch like Larry Fitzgerald, finding the ball in the air even when the defensive back is in good position.

If the Broncos need 2, 3 or 4 years to rebuild the roster and become competitive again, Lloyd will be an important piece. He is the #1 WR. That's one less problem for the team to worry about.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
            Ryan Clady was an All-Pro selection in 2008 and 2009. Maybe he is our best player on offense. But Brandon Lloyd is right behind him with an All-Pro season in 2010. The Broncos need more talent on the roster. The WR position is in good shape for now and Lloyd is a big reason why. The team should not lose him.

Lloyd is 30-years old but his legs are fresh, his body is not breaking down. I think he will be able to keep producing 3, 4 years down the road. And Lloyd is not just a burner that relies only on speed. He can make the acrobatic catch like Larry Fitzgerald, finding the ball in the air even when the defensive back is in good position.

If the Broncos need 2, 3 or 4 years to rebuild the roster and become competitive again, Lloyd will be an important piece. He is the #1 WR. That's one less problem for the team to worry about.
            Lol. Clady is untouchable in my mind at this point so I never even considered him.
            Decimating the competition, leaving in the wake a blind ambition.

elecshoc
            You will be for ever known as the truth see-er

Comment

If dt were healthy i might think differently but if we are starting tt he is going to need some effective targets to be successful especially going long. I think we have to keep lloyd atleast this year if for no other reason to help in the developement of our new qb and offense and to help mentoring the younger guys in it. I would keep him this year and reevaluate towards the end of the year.
              My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

I say trade him. He's hit his ceiling, and we've seen the best he's ever gonna do.

Lets start some of the younger WR's and trade Lloyd for picks while his value is high. It's not like we're competing for the SB.
                sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
                  I already said my due, but I just thought of something, that I wanna ask to the ones that just wanna flat out keep him.

We have good depth if not better at wide out, if we traded Brandon for a stud D-linemen plus a pick or just a flat out stud. Would you trade Lloyd?
                  in a heartbeat
                  sigpic

Comment

He's more than a one year wonder because he played well in 2009. I say keep him for the year because if he does well you can extend him, if he plays poorly let him go
                    "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

We cant trade him this year, he was our only play maker at WR last year and we are short there this year.

I dont want to extend him right away because he might be a one year wonder.

Lets wait and see and make rational decision based on how much he drops off

Comment

Why do anything but keep him?

Comment

I am not conveinced he has had a pretty lack luster career up until this point(he was amazing last year). Get what we can for him while he is on a hot streak, a draft pick or two, this team is rebuilding so lets get something for these old guys now.
                          sigpic WHEC-724

Comment

Extend him.

He has a few more years left in him, and was one of the few bright spots on the team. Plus, he's worked with Tebow, so that will help right out of the gate.

If you can get him for a reasonable amount, I'd love to extend him. Extend Clady while we're at it.

Comment

Keep him, end of topic. The guy was clutch for us last year and everyone wants to trade him, makes no sense. Yes we are rebuilding thats why you don't trade what little talent you have away. With Tebow most likley getting the start this year Lloyd is like a security blanket, you get the ball in close range to him and he will get it, proved that last year.
                              sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
                                He's more than a one year wonder because he played well in 2009. I say keep him for the year because if he does well you can extend him, if he plays poorly let him go
                                Exactly. When we started losing I kept wondering why McDaniels wouldn't activate him. I live in Bears country and Lloyd was easily their best reciever. When they let him go I was shocked to say the least. Brandon Lloyd made Chris Simms look god like in preseason.
                                sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

Working...
                                X