Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MaloCS
    replied
    Brandon Loyd would be a great receiver to have on the roster if the Broncos were getting ready to make a serious run at the Super Bowl. As it stands, the Broncos are a good 3 years out from making that run so an aging (albeit above average) receiver is a luxury the team cannot afford.

Loyd's presence on the roster really doesn't help the Broncos because he would be monopolizing valuable reps that the younger players need in order to grow with the team as it's rebuilding. I would think the goal would be to build a young, solid core of players that will be around and contribute for the next half decade and not rely on an aging veteran (at any position, I.E. Dawkins) that will jump ship if another team offers him an extra few hundred thousand dollars.

The Broncos are better off cashing in on his resurrected value to help speed up the rebuilding process.
    Last edited by MaloCS; 07-20-2011, 09:11 AM.

Leave a comment:

• InsaneBlaze23
    replied
    I already said my due, but I just thought of something, that I wanna ask to the ones that just wanna flat out keep him.

We have good depth if not better at wide out, if we traded Brandon for a stud D-linemen plus a pick or just a flat out stud. Would you trade Lloyd?

Leave a comment:

• broncos SB2010
    replied
    Originally posted by rst08tierney View Post
    WR out of the draft take time to develop and evolve into the NFL. You forget a 16 game season is huge right out of college.

As for DT, have you seen pictures of his injury? I doubt that man will ever be at 100% again. http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...iw=916&bih=683

Llyod is a proven VET receiver

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNm14n5Da1k
    a proven 1 year, 30 year old vet.

Leave a comment:

• the0rangecrush
    replied
    Originally posted by MHSalute View Post
    So what compensation tips the scale?
    It all depends on how much we believe in the rebuild, IMO EFX doesn't believe we need to rebuild. however for me a second pretty much seals the deal, we could easily find his replacement with that, or add more talent.

Leave a comment:

• rst08tierney
    replied
    WR out of the draft take time to develop and evolve into the NFL. You forget a 16 game season is huge right out of college.

As for DT, have you seen pictures of his injury? I doubt that man will ever be at 100% again. http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...iw=916&bih=683

Llyod is a proven VET receiver

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNm14n5Da1k

Leave a comment:

• MHSalute
    replied
    20mil in this market of wide receives is a bargain. Your not over paying for a quality player. If Llyod has another pro bowl year he may want 27-35mil for 3 years and then what? You need to lock the kid up and address other areas of concern.
    Not sure I would call it a bargain, but it is fair. Essentially we would be paying 9 million a year for 2012 and 2013, which is around top 10 money for WR.

We should be able to avoid a SB of more than 5MM if we are really buying out this year.

Leave a comment:

• broncos SB2010
    replied
    20mil in this market of wide receives is a bargain. Your not over paying for a quality player. If Llyod has another pro bowl year he may want 27-35mil for 3 years and then what? You need to lock the kid up and address other areas of concern.
    I don't expect him to put up the same numbers as he did this past season. It would be a gamble I'm willing to take. Paying $20M for nthree years for a 1 year, 309 old WR wonder is too much of a gamble for me when there are bigger needs on the team.

They already have 2 young promising WR in Decker and DT. They have Royal who shows ability from time to time. Then there is always the draft...get good young talent to grow with the team. Lloyd had a great year but it's not like he ever showed consistency before and he is already 30. How many great years does he have left that would make a big poayday at this point a good investment? You want to talk about locking up a player then lets talk about extending Clady, a promising LT who could be on the team for the next 10 years, before we talk about extending Lloyd.

Leave a comment:

• broncos SB2010
    replied
    Originally posted by BlueOrange7 View Post
    alll and well unless he holds out, or demands a new contract this year after coming off the prior year
    You really think he would actually even think about that??? The Broncos were the ONLY team that wanted him last year. He might have been out of FB last year if they hadn't signed him.

Leave a comment:

• rst08tierney
    replied
    Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    I think that would be premature. I agree he showed a lot of skills this past year but I think it would be prudent to see how he does this season and then sign him to a new contract mid season if he is still doing well. Right now he is a probowl player and will want a high pay day. Later in the season we may be able to get him cheaper and they have nothing to lose if they wait.

Leave a comment:

• killacal
    replied
    I think we keep him. U cant get away with letting talent walk for so long b4 it bites u in the butt. I say we ride the wave with him and see how it pans out, plus we have him at a low price. If he excels during the season try to extend him, if he flops u dont lose anything

Leave a comment:

• BlueOrange7
    replied
    Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    I think that would be premature. I agree he showed a lot of skills this past year but I think it would be prudent to see how he does this season and then sign him to a new contract mid season if he is still doing well. Right now he is a probowl player and will want a high pay day. Later in the season we may be able to get him cheaper and they have nothing to lose if they wait.
    alll and well unless he holds out, or demands a new contract this year after coming off the prior year

Leave a comment:

• BlueOrange7
    replied
    I don't think trading would be out of the question, especially in a year when we are trying to reduce our cap not expand it. We have a couple of players that can stretch the field and lloyd is an aging WR who is looking to get paid

Leave a comment:

• broncos SB2010
    replied
    Brandon Llyod earned his pay day last season. To be as consistent and productive like he was on a 4-12 Denver Broncos team showed me the kid is not a fluke. Like I have said before, Llyod his entire career has walked the walk and talked the talk but was never given a chance at the #1. He proved not only to the fans last season but his ex-coaches as well he is a very polished/skilled receiver.

You lock the man up for 20mil and call it a day.

Leave a comment:

• rst08tierney
    replied
    Brandon Llyod earned his pay day last season. To be as consistent and productive like he was on a 4-12 Denver Broncos team showed me the kid is not a fluke. Like I have said before, Llyod his entire career has walked the walk and talked the talk but was never given a chance at the #1. He proved not only to the fans last season but his ex-coaches as well he is a very polished/skilled receiver.

You lock the man up for 20mil and call it a day.

Leave a comment:

• broncos SB2010
    replied
    Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    It depends on what compensation we can get, next year is going to be stacked at WR so if our guys don't pan out there will be some good targets next year.
    WRs we could see:
    Alshon Jeffery
    Greg childs
    Justin Blackmon
    Michael Floyd
    Jeff Fuller
    Mohammed Sanu(although I've never personally seen him everyone thinks he's good)

Those guys all have the potential to be #1 recievers
    Add Juron Criner to your list

As far as Lloyd is concerned, trading him is silly unless they could trade him for a top DT but that won't happen.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X