What to do with Lloyd?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by roushmartin6 View Post
    Keep him, end of topic. The guy was clutch for us last year and everyone wants to trade him, makes no sense. Yes we are rebuilding thats why you don't trade what little talent you have away. With Tebow most likley getting the start this year Lloyd is like a security blanket, you get the ball in close range to him and he will get it, proved that last year.
    I could definately see the arguement if he was 33,34 years old. But he's still young enough to be a serious threat, and explosive playmaker for a few more years. He's not a locker room or off field distraction. I don't know what we would get for him to replace him.

Comment

I would wait until at least mid season to see if he can preform at the same level. He has always had the talent, but could never really put it together until last season. If he can repeat last seasons performance, then I would have no problem signing him to a new contract.
      sigpic

Comment

Realistically Lloyd is not going to put up the same numbers he did last year for a lot of reasons.

Throughout his career he has had a lot of ups and downs. He should be given the chance to show he can continue to play at a high level with some consistency. If he can do that, he should get a new deal.
        sigpic

Comment

Lloyd said he does not want to hold out after the lockout is over.

http://www.1043thefan.com/Channels/t...spx?ID=1459670

"I don't see that happening... The lockout has limited our time together... I need to be out there on the field."

So, the Broncos will have one of the best WR in the league for $1.395 million. Just keep throwing to him. Score touchdowns.

And then, as the season goes on, depending on what happens, the team should meet with his agent to talk about a possible extension.

Even a run-heavy team like the 2008 Panthers had a deep threat in Steve Smith, with 1421 receiving yards in 78 receptions (18.2 average).
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
            Lloyd said he does not want to hold out after the lockout is over.

http://www.1043thefan.com/Channels/t...spx?ID=1459670

"I don't see that happening... The lockout has limited our time together... I need to be out there on the field."

So, the Broncos will have one of the best WR in the league for $1.395 million. Just keep throwing to him. Score touchdowns.

And then, as the season goes on, depending on what happens, the team should meet with his agent to talk about a possible extension.

Even a run-heavy team like the 2008 Panthers had a deep threat in Steve Smith, with 1421 receiving yards in 78 receptions (18.2 average).
            To be fair he was the only receiving threat, and the QB was Jake Delhomme.
            What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
            I don't know and I don't care

Comment

Trade him for no less then a 2nd. If we can't get a 2nd, keep him and hope he does well then tag him with some kind of trade-able tag, if he can't be extended for cheap. At his age he'd have to prove durability and high production to extend him for any length of time. Trading now for a 2nd is the most logical.
              I hate the Defenseless Receiver rule and the fines. Posted since '07. 2011 rule addition :nono: backhand a fool!

Comment

IMO Lloyd is worth more than a 2nd round pick. For real. The Broncos will draft a 2nd round pick and sign the guy to a 4-year deal. I doubt the selected player will help the team more than Lloyd in the next 4 years. It looks like Lloyd does not want to demand a mountain of money.

Maybe the Broncos will be able to give him a new 4-year contract based on incentives. I believe he can still play at a high level for 3 seasons. And the 4th year of the contract should allow the Broncos to part ways, if necessary, without dead money involved.

If the Broncos keep Orton as the QB, Lloyd will make him keep throwing deep. If the team puts Tebow under center, Lloyd will help him a lot with big plays and acrobatic catches down the field. I don't want Tebow to become a dink and dunk QB.

I can understand the Broncos trading Orton for a 2nd round pick. He is not an All-Pro or Pro Bowl QB. And if the team decides to go with Tebow, it's not cool to have an unhappy Orton with a $9 million salary.

And I fear the Broncos might try to make a package to deal Orton, getting Lloyd in the mix. Orton and Lloyd to Arizona or Seattle, for example. The price could be 2nd and 3rd round picks, but I don't want to lose Lloyd now.

If you want to generate more draft picks, stop trading picks for crappy players and try to trade down during the draft. But don't send the best talents away for draft picks that might not even get on the field.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
                  IMO Lloyd is worth more than a 2nd round pick. For real. The Broncos will draft a 2nd round pick and sign the guy to a 4-year deal. I doubt the selected player will help the team more than Lloyd in the next 4 years. It looks like Lloyd does not want to demand a mountain of money.

Maybe the Broncos will be able to give him a new 4-year contract based on incentives. I believe he can still play at a high level for 3 seasons. And the 4th year of the contract should allow the Broncos to part ways, if necessary, without dead money involved.

If the Broncos keep Orton as the QB, Lloyd will make him keep throwing deep. If the team puts Tebow under center, Lloyd will help him a lot with big plays and acrobatic catches down the field. I don't want Tebow to become a dink and dunk QB.

I can understand the Broncos trading Orton for a 2nd round pick. He is not an All-Pro or Pro Bowl QB. And if the team decides to go with Tebow, it's not cool to have an unhappy Orton with a $9 million salary.

And I fear the Broncos might try to make a package to deal Orton, getting Lloyd in the mix. Orton and Lloyd to Arizona or Seattle, for example. The price could be 2nd and 3rd round picks, but I don't want to lose Lloyd now.

If you want to generate more draft picks, stop trading picks for crappy players and try to trade down during the draft. But don't send the best talents away for draft picks that might not even get on the field.
                  I was thinking a while back that, a package deal would net us good picks better then a 2nd and 3rd I think. I am soooo not a fan of the trade our best players every year for picks way of thinking, Llyod and Orton are my exceptions.
                  I hate the Defenseless Receiver rule and the fines. Posted since '07. 2011 rule addition :nono: backhand a fool!

Comment

It's very simple... the 97 & 98 teams were LOADED with Pro Bowlers.

This team had 2 last year. Want to get back to the glory years?

Continue to add to those 2. You don't get more by taking away.

3>2

1<2

Simple math, people.
                    sigpic

@BlueNOrangeFTW

Comment

Working...
                    X