Signing big name FA RB a "fools errand"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
    So you're willing to put all your money on red and let it ride? This is why fans don't coach teams.

We had a mediocre running attack because of the philosophy of the previous coaching regime and injuries on the line, not because we didn't have Deangelo Williams.

We could have had Barry frickin' Sanders last year, and it wouldn't have mattered.
    K, I guess there's no reason why our COACH wants DeAngelo Williams. He knows Moreno isn't a 3-down back. You're the fan disagreeing with the coach.

Comment

Originally posted by marcus_miller View Post
      Hynoski would be a nice, cheap addition.
      Yes, Yes & more Yes!!

Comment

Originally posted by DiMenna25 View Post
        K, I guess there's no reason why our COACH wants DeAngelo Williams. He knows Moreno isn't a 3-down back. You're the fan disagreeing with the coach.
        Has our coach stated that he wants Deangelo?
        sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Great post, even for a Steelers fan
          Why thank you, I'll take the compliment! Good thread :thumb: In fact, this is the best thread I've read through in a LONG time. Thoroughly enjoyable, good debate & informative.

Comment

Has our coach stated that he wants Deangelo?
            Doesn't have to. It's obvious.

Comment

It is?

So, the Broncos couldn't be trying to drive up Williams value to take a shot at Marshall or Johnson?

In fact, no one in the Broncos organization can be quoted as saying they plan to actively pursue him.
              sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

How obvious is it? I have not heard they are going after him. They very well might but it's far from a given. I find it very hard to believe that they will try very hard for the top money RB in FA when they have bigger needs at DT and OT. The only people I hear saying D. Williams is on their radar are media types who are wrong more often not. It's just random guessing on their parts. they see D. Williams is a FA and think......oh, I bet he goes with his old coach.

I'm still not buying all the talk that they think Moreno is only a 2 down back. He's had over 1000 total yards each season so far and that was with McD running the blocking schemes and playing from way behind in most games last season. I think many of you are way under estimating Moreno's value. I believe they will bring in help for him but I don't think it is going to be a big name, high dollar player like Williams.
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X