• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• broncos SB2010
    replied
    Originally posted by DiMenna25 View Post
    Doesn't have to. It's obvious.
    How obvious is it? I have not heard they are going after him. They very well might but it's far from a given. I find it very hard to believe that they will try very hard for the top money RB in FA when they have bigger needs at DT and OT. The only people I hear saying D. Williams is on their radar are media types who are wrong more often not. It's just random guessing on their parts. they see D. Williams is a FA and think......oh, I bet he goes with his old coach.

I'm still not buying all the talk that they think Moreno is only a 2 down back. He's had over 1000 total yards each season so far and that was with McD running the blocking schemes and playing from way behind in most games last season. I think many of you are way under estimating Moreno's value. I believe they will bring in help for him but I don't think it is going to be a big name, high dollar player like Williams.

Leave a comment:

• CoryWinget81
    replied
    It is?

So, the Broncos couldn't be trying to drive up Williams value to take a shot at Marshall or Johnson?

In fact, no one in the Broncos organization can be quoted as saying they plan to actively pursue him.

Leave a comment:

• DiMenna25
    replied
    Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
    Has our coach stated that he wants Deangelo?

Leave a comment:

• Southtown
    replied
    Great post, even for a Steelers fan
    Why thank you, I'll take the compliment! Good thread :thumb: In fact, this is the best thread I've read through in a LONG time. Thoroughly enjoyable, good debate & informative.

Leave a comment:

• CoryWinget81
    replied
    K, I guess there's no reason why our COACH wants DeAngelo Williams. He knows Moreno isn't a 3-down back. You're the fan disagreeing with the coach.
    Has our coach stated that he wants Deangelo?

Leave a comment:

• Southtown
    replied
    Originally posted by marcus_miller View Post
    Hynoski would be a nice, cheap addition.
    Yes, Yes & more Yes!!

Leave a comment:

• DiMenna25
    replied
    So you're willing to put all your money on red and let it ride? This is why fans don't coach teams.

We had a mediocre running attack because of the philosophy of the previous coaching regime and injuries on the line, not because we didn't have Deangelo Williams.

We could have had Barry frickin' Sanders last year, and it wouldn't have mattered.
    K, I guess there's no reason why our COACH wants DeAngelo Williams. He knows Moreno isn't a 3-down back. You're the fan disagreeing with the coach.

Leave a comment:

• CoryWinget81
    replied
    Originally posted by Southtown View Post
    UDFA's are the answer.....as long as you bring in the right ones. Really, if the scout's have done their job - which will be interesting this year since all 32 teams have had an extended time period to evaluate udfa's - 1,000 yard rushers can be found w/o bringing in expensive FA's. The stipulation is that, in the words of Axl Rose, "you need a little patience". Most take at least a year on the PS to get conditioned & weeded out.

I believe that this year's class of UDFA Rb's & FB's is pretty strong. The problem will be competition from all the other 31 teams. However, if I was a RB looking to make the roster, Denver would be attractive to me in contrast to a lot of other teams.

IMO, any money spent in FA needs to be spent EXCLUSIVELY on O-Line, D-Line, and secondary. Don't brake the bank and don't bring in too many. My $.02
    Great post, even for a Steelers fan

Leave a comment:

• CoryWinget81
    replied
    Who cares about the past? None of those guys are DeAngelo Williams. Who says he can't write his own story? I'll take the risk over worrying about the past and watching another mediocre running attack this year with only Moreno.
    So you're willing to put all your money on red and let it ride? This is why fans don't coach teams.

We had a mediocre running attack because of the philosophy of the previous coaching regime and injuries on the line, not because we didn't have Deangelo Williams.

We could have had Barry frickin' Sanders last year, and it wouldn't have mattered.

Leave a comment:

• marcus_miller
    replied
    Originally posted by Southtown View Post
    UDFA's are the answer.....as long as you bring in the right ones. Really, if the scout's have done their job - which will be interesting this year since all 32 teams have had an extended time period to evaluate udfa's - 1,000 yard rushers can be found w/o bringing in expensive FA's. The stipulation is that, in the words of Axl Rose, "you need a little patience". Most take at least a year on the PS to get conditioned & weeded out.

I believe that this year's class of UDFA Rb's & FB's is pretty strong. The problem will be competition from all the other 31 teams. However, if I was a RB looking to make the roster, Denver would be attractive to me in contrast to a lot of other teams.

IMO, any money spent in FA needs to be spent EXCLUSIVELY on O-Line, D-Line, and secondary. Don't brake the bank and don't bring in too many. My $.02
    Hynoski would be a nice, cheap addition.

Leave a comment:

• Southtown
    replied
    UDFA's

Leave a comment:

• Morningplastic
    replied
    Originally posted by SoundsOfSuccess View Post
    It doesn't work that way.

You can't have a good defense and anemic offense, which is what the Broncos' offense will be if they don't get a STARTING RB. Notice, here I said starting, Michael Bush types aren't what Denver needs.

If you have the greatest defensive players in the league but worst offensive, your defense won't have success. If the offense repeatedly goes 3 and out, etc, the other team will keep field position, will get more chances to score, and your defenses' players will be drained, especially at Mile High.

In the NFL, you can't have a good defense and anemic offense.
    How can a defense be successful and good if it is obviously not stopping anyone? How can your defensive players be considered the greatest in the league if they are incapable of defending? You do know that if a defense, a good one, got 3 and outs or drives with low numbers of plays that they can go sit on the bench quickly right? By the way, we out scored the Bears, obviously their defense must be out of breath constantly.

I don`t even get how our offense can even be anemic. Middle of the pack maybe, but anemic? Even if we were, I believe our problems would be too much to easily solve by spending tons of money on a runningback.

Leave a comment:

• marcus_miller
    replied
    Op

Partially agree. Just get a great FB, maybe a middle of the tier RB to compete and we are set!

Leave a comment:

• Broncoboy6
    replied
    Who cares about the past? None of those guys are DeAngelo Williams. Who says he can't write his own story? I'll take the risk over worrying about the past and watching another mediocre running attack this year with only Moreno.
    Very good point, and i agree that DW will write his own story, and i hope that it will be in the Denver Broncos history. I see that the article talks about Hillis & Torain, both former Broncos that are playing some good football. I want to point out that both have had success in their third year, why call Moreno a waste of pick when he is going into his third year?. I also see people saying that Deangelo had 1-2 good to elite years, and on the flipside, Foster himself had a great one last year. I know that the age question and injuries come into play, but who's to say that they will/won't repeat their performance. I would love to see Deangelo in a Broncos uni, but not at the cost of an arm & a leg. What i am tired of is, either trading away or giving up on our acquired talent too soon. But under our new commanders (EFX), i don't see that happening anymore.

Leave a comment:

• SoundsOfSuccess
    replied
    Originally posted by SoundsOfSuccess View Post
    Alright, so you would like to see the Broncos win a Super Bowl. I'm with you.

Now, the Broncos have established what they want to do in their quest back to the top, right? Ball hawking, playmaking defense, run first offense, keeps the defense off the field.

Let me make tha clear to you-- No team can run the ball 45 times a game and expect to be successful if they don't have elite players running the ball. It just doesn't work that way, especially with a QB whom has accuracy troubles. The defense will stack the box and Knowshon and Bradshaw/Bush (your own article should show that these guys will not live up to their deal) will be stuffed, the defense will get mauled, and it will be an ugly future.

DeAngelo Williams is a top 5 runningback in the NFL, with Moreno looking ready to breakout. If these guys are behind the QB, the defense can put 8 in the box and Denver will still run effectively. And if Denver can march the ball down the field, eating clock, just a couple times a game, they will win. No matter who they play. Because the defense will make its share of plays, too. Peyton Manning and Tom Brady will lose every game they play if they are kept off the field by DeAngelo and Knowshon.

If Denver expects to get past these guys in the playoffs, they have to be able to run the ball. And like your article reinforces, middle class free agent running backs do not get the job done like expected.
    I get the feeling a lot of you didn't see this the first time....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X