Kyle Orton Part 3 (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kyle Orton Part 3 (Merged)

NFL Network's Jason LaCanfora now concedes that a Kyle Orton trade has a strong chance of going down once free agency begins.
    LaCanfora was the lone holdout on a potential Orton trade the past few months, possibly hearing from Broncos sources trying to drive up the price tag. "For a long time I didn't think he'd be dealt," said LaCanfora. "But ... I hear more and more teams with an eye on him." The Cardinals, Vikings, Dolphins, and Redskins have been mentioned as the most likely dance partners. Related: Redskins, Cardinals, Dolphins, VikingsSource: Evan Silva on Twitter Jul 24, 7:19 PM
    Yes! He's the best QB we have
    26.15%
    No! It's all a smoke screen for a trade
    45.38%
    No! He'll get beaten out in camp/preseason!
    18.46%
    Yes! (Other)
    10.00%

I sure hope so
    "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gmZ4...eature=related
      :wave::wave::orton:

Comment

Hopefully we get good value for him and he goes and plays well for another team. He's been a class act in Denver and I have respect for him, but I don't think he's cut out for the QB spot here.

Comment

Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
          I sure hope so
          me too...

Comment

We better trade him man, keeping him makes no damn sense... ahhhh I will thank my lord the day I never have to see him take another phantom sack/throw the ball in the dirt/or throw a pick to end the game...

I will happily yell "GOODBYE BUM!"

Comment

Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post
              Hopefully we get good value for him and he goes and plays well for another team. He's been a class act in Denver and I have respect for him, but I don't think he's cut out for the QB spot here.
              Amen Brother
              "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

I believe Miami would be the best fit for Orton, They have a better run game than Arizona. Arizona does have a good O-line and a great receiver, they just don't have that run game that Orton needs. I would be very surprised if the Redskins make a move for him, Orton just does not fit Shannahan's system. Shannahan likes a mobile QB that can run the Boot-leg as well as the Play action. Orton has the Play action down, but the Boot leg is not one of Orton's strengths.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by #24 Next Champ View Post
                  We better trade him man, keeping him makes no damn sense... ahhhh I will thank my lord the day I never have to see him take another phantom sack/throw the ball in the dirt/or throw a pick to end the game...

I will happily yell "GOODBYE BUM!"

Comment

Originally posted by broncolassiter View Post
                    I believe Miami would be the best fit for Orton, They have a better run game than Arizona. Arizona does have a good O-line and a great receiver, they just don't have that run game that Orton needs. I would be very surprised if the Redskins make a move for him, Orton just does not fit Shannahan's system. Shannahan likes a mobile QB that can run the Boot-leg as well as the Play action. Orton has the Play action down, but the Boot leg is not one of Orton's strengths.
                    Arizona has one of the worst offensive lines in the league

Comment

Originally posted by Den615 View Post
                      Arizona has one of the worst offensive lines in the league
                      Haha that's what I was about to say.
                      Go Broncos!!!:thumb:

Comment

Dear Orton,

GTHO.

You remind me of the terrible Josh McDaniels era. Yuck.

Sincerely,

Getlynched47

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

Comment

I sure hope Xanders puts a rabbit out by getting a 2nd for him...

So long and good luck KO

sigpic

Comment

MIA's running game is a ? Ronnie Brown & Ricky Williams are FAs & they have a rookie RB. MINN's the best fit although they seemed to be linked to McNabb. TENN is a good fit too w/Chris Johnson. WASH could work, too

Comment

It's hard to say that Miami's run game is better seeing as they have no RBs on the team right now. Neither team was good at it, and I fully expect Arizona to be better at it with the addition of Ryan Williams. But that said I think Orton is a fit in both offenses. He would have a big physical receiver to throw to on both teams. If he went to AZ you'd see similar production as he had here. If he goes to Miami he wont be as good stats wise as he was here, but far better than he was in Chicago. Or ton is a solid player who can succeed on a team with the right makeup. We just don't have that makeup here yet, and if we don't see a future for him on this team we should dump his large contract and acquire an asset back for him.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X