Are You Happy Now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
    This is what I agree with, but I'm still not happy, I'm calm and no longer going around saying Denver doesn't have the balls to sign or make deals.

They still are cheap.
    at this point and time in free agency Denver is not being cheap they are being smart. Why spend good money on your 3rd or 4th or 5th choices? Instead bring in quality players with potential that will help you win games and raise your free agent appeal so they can get there 1st or 2nd choice in free agency next year.

Also keep in mind that players still have some kind of say in where they go. If they don't want to play in Denver they won't come. The front office tried and failed and is now making the best of the situation in a smart way.

Comment

Certainly a lot happier than i was a few days ago, glad we've finally got a few things going. Still get the impression we're being a bit mean though but if the players turn out to be great value then all the better!
      Manning Fatigue (noun): The act of being sick as hell of watching a HOF qb take half of forever to decide what to do and just wishing he'd make up his mind.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoCanuck View Post
        Are You Happy Now?!
        Honestly....ummm.....YES!
        sigpic

Comment

LMAO!

AHHHHH THE SKY IS FALLING......

Wait....

oooohhhhhh no we get it....hehe....(sheepish looks)

^^^^^^
          That my friends is a recap of this last week.....

Look. We realized we werent 1-3 players away. More like 4-6. Now hopefully we have hit on 2-3 of these signings leaving us just 1-3 next year.....This is how you rebuild a team PROPERLY (hint hint to all the McD lovers) low risk high reward BIG upside and CHEAP! Build through the draft and SUPLEMENT (SP) through FA.

Every DT we have kept or brought in has a weakness but all of them have at least one common plus.....they have all been billed as decent to good against the run........
          I need more Oline, please and thank you

Comment

Op

I'm happy we have M. Thomas again. I'm thinking we resign him again about mid to 3/4 season.

I read a post earlier that said Bunkley's cap hit is $500K That's dirt cheap, He has what 2 years on the contract. Dirt Cheap (most of it must have been a signing bonus). I read he held out his rookie year. Hmm, I hope he envisions this as possibly Custard's last stand and stops crying about what he doesn't get or hasn't gotten. Shame to see such physical attributes go to waste. Seems he may need extra attention to get up to speed. I think Thomas is going to be motivated and ready to go day 1. Bunkley needs to work for it or it will be gone forever. He needs to bring it, keep it and then he will get it.

WE WANT YOU HERE BUNKLEY...earn it.
            Last edited by marcus_miller; 08-01-2011, 07:06 PM.
            I hate the Defenseless Receiver rule and the fines. Posted since '07. 2011 rule addition :nono: backhand a fool!

Comment

Bunkley and Thomas are nothing to get excited about..... Bunk is a bust. Harvey is a bust....Why not bringing Jarvis Moss since we are collecting first round draft picks
              Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
                LOL at this board. Everyone was ready to chop EFX because we didn't have a DT by tuesday. Now that we got Thomas and Bunkley everyone is back on the EFX bandwagon. If everyone was patient, the last 7 days wouldn't have been as miserable......just sayin

Bunkley is a decent low risk high reward play, a theme of this offseason. But people in Philly believe he is washed up. We shall see I hope he proves them wrong.
                Or how about the often overlooked fact that DT's in a 4-3 is a somewhat overated position and not nearly as big of a deal as the need for an elite NT in 3-4?

Does anyone remember the 2005 D? Mike Myers and Gerard Warren...that's an elite winning combo right? We in case anyone forgot we were #2 against the run and we had CRAP for DT's I think everyone is putting far too much stock into us not signing the "big name" DT to anchor the line when what we've already got will probably do a good enough job for the time being until we can build it up via the draft.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by japfaff View Post
                  Bunkley and Thomas are nothing to get excited about..... Bunk is a bust. Harvey is a bust....Why not bringing Jarvis Moss since we are collecting first round draft picks
                  Have to agree with this. The defensive tackle position doesn't have any legit starters, only players with potential. So far none of them have lived up to it. Don't mean to be a ******, but I'm not going to be surprised if we continue to get ran all over.

Comment

Originally posted by japfaff View Post
                    Who allowed the good news bear in here.
                    sigpic

Comment

you guys basically picked up a few low risk high reward guys

some people in your fanbase wanted you to sign nnamdi and any real big name player, not players on another team's scrap heap that you'd need to rejuvinate

bunkley's a good meat and potatoes move cause it's low risk high reward, 5th round draft picks are insignificant
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jcdavey View Post
                        you guys basically picked up a few low risk high reward guys

some people in your fanbase wanted you to sign nnamdi and any real big name player, not players on another team's scrap heap that you'd need to rejuvinate

bunkley's a good meat and potatoes move cause it's low risk high reward, 5th round draft picks are insignificant
                        I think we've done a few good low risk things (hearing we may be trading DJ Williams for Asante Samuels, if this happens it may be one of the best things this offseason. I haven't been big on DJ for awhile now and samuels/bailey would be a scary combo)
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                          I think we've done a few good low risk things (hearing we may be trading DJ Williams for Asante Samuels, if this happens it may be one of the best things this offseason. I haven't been big on DJ for awhile now and samuels/bailey would be a scary combo)
                          i don't know who you've got to take dj's place, but asante IMO is a better player than DJ is even though different positions of course

the question then would turn to health of the two

i heard dj has a hamstring issue
                          sigpic

Comment

As you can tell by my sig, I am thrilled. Hopefully we get one of these reclamation guys to turn their career around like Lloyd did last year. Could use a couple more of these "bust" off the waiver wire.

Still think we can trade away a couple vets, but Lloyd has been so impressive in camp I doubt he will be one of them.

Only move I am not sure of is McGahee, but I have not heard of any signing bonus. If so, I can live with this year to year contract.
                            Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Comment

Getting a player with Bunkley's phyiscal talent at such a cheap price is a great move. If he doesn't pan out, and never loses the "bust" tag, Denver only lost a 5th round pick, and a minimal amount of $ from his contract. If he gets even close to living up to his physical potential, he is going to be a force, and the true anchor of our D we have been sorely lacking for so long now. I understand he isn't the marquee name many had hoped for, but this is an awesome move from EFX nonetheless.
                              Cannot wait for the ultimate pass rush tandem that is VonDoom! (Cue cheesy 1920's Dracula music)

Comment

Working...
                              X