Bronco Tight End position!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Grad53 View Post
    After the last few years with little to no use of the position it looks like Fox is bringing back the position! I am stoked at the number of tight ends in camp. There is a major reason we have been lacking in the red zone the past few years. We have missed that big target in the endzone and on third downs the past few years. Another Bronco legacy that McDaniels tried his hardest to kill.
    What I dont get.......We are throwing all this money at TE's....Why not go out and get ourselves Zach Miller? He is a better receiver than any that we have, and he is a better blocker.....I am not sure what it would cost us but it cant be a lot more than we are paying all the retreads that we are bringing in. Not to mention the talent or lack there of that we had on the roster
    Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

Comment

Would love to get Zach Miller and then bring up the rookies behind him.

Comment

Originally posted by japfaff View Post
        What I dont get.......We are throwing all this money at TE's....Why not go out and get ourselves Zach Miller? He is a better receiver than any that we have, and he is a better blocker.....I am not sure what it would cost us but it cant be a lot more than we are paying all the retreads that we are bringing in. Not to mention the talent or lack there of that we had on the roster
        when the raiders are in the bidding war it can't be cheap. They love to throw cash around over there.

Comment

I like what we have, no need to throw tons of money out on a tight end that would probably rather go elsewhere anyway, I mean, he did spark that 59-14 game and watched us crumble
          Fightin' Texas Aggie c/o '16

Comment

Originally posted by RT-Bronco View Post
            Would love to get Zach Miller and then bring up the rookies behind him.
            Thomas is tearing it up right now, why sign Miller to a 4 year deal and block Thomas? If Thomas can do this:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/13232/jimmy-graham

I am sure we would all be thrilled. Rosario could probably match that also.

Gronk -Cut
            Fells - HBack
            Thomas - Move TE
            Roasrio - Move TE
            Quinn - In line TE
            Green - I/R
            Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Comment

Originally posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
              when the raiders are in the bidding war it can't be cheap. They love to throw cash around over there.
              Originally posted by broncooojohnson View Post
              I like what we have, no need to throw tons of money out on a tight end that would probably rather go elsewhere anyway, I mean, he did spark that 59-14 game and watched us crumble
              Both true......But cant be that much more than the 8 we have in camp......besides if Bowlen didnt mind paying 8 mil for Graham then surely he wouldnt mind 6 mil for Miller
              Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MHSalute View Post
                Thomas is tearing it up right now, why sign Miller to a 4 year deal and block Thomas? If Thomas can do this:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/13232/jimmy-graham

I am sure we would all be thrilled. Rosario could probably match that also.

Gronk -Cut
                Fells - HBack
                Thomas - Move TE
                Roasrio - Move TE
                Quinn - In line TE
                Green - I/R
                When did Green get hurt?
                "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

Originally posted by leisure View Post
                  i kinda get the feeling the tight-end set will be the "hammer set". this opens up so much. i'm stoked to see all the TE's brought in, if for no other reason than good competition.

yet, i think they'll keep several- at least 5. run some triple-end sets, with a bit of motion, to establish the run, swing plays, out routes, and middle routes. a few of these guys can run some wr routes, a couple can pull to the backfield. in any event, you'd need several TE's to consistently run these plays, and send in others to mix it up a bit on back-to-back plays- especially if one got hurt.

this should be fun!
                  John Fox is in the Bill Walsh coaching tree through Jim Fassel. Mike McCoy is in the Bill Walsh coaching tree through George Seifert and John Fox. Therefore, I would expect a lot of different formations both direct snap and under.

John Fox has said the Broncos rushing attack will be the most sophisticated in the NFL. If so, I would expect Counter Gap/Trey/Ace/Deuce from tight formations. In fact, I think he made reference to the run game Joe Gibbs had with the Redskins which ran a lot of Counter. Remember Super Bowl XXII?
                  "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
                    When did Green get hurt?
                    That's what I'm sayin wth lol he didn't... n if you're tryna say practice squad you're absolutely insane he's our clear cut best all around TE right now n is a physical specimen that would not make it thru waivers

Comment

Originally posted by #24 Next Champ View Post
                      That's what I'm sayin wth lol he didn't... n if you're tryna say practice squad you're absolutely insane he's our clear cut best all around TE right now n is a physical specimen that would not make it thru waivers
                      From what I have read, which is very little, Thomas has been looking very good in TC and I don't think it is fair, nor accurate, to say that Green is the clear cut best TE on the roster.
                      sigpic

Comment

Even if Green would take a while to develop, I'd hate to see someone snatch him off our PR. I'd rather have him then Gronk or Quinn
                        "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

Both true......But cant be that much more than the 8 we have in camp......besides if Bowlen didnt mind paying 8 mil for Graham then surely he wouldnt mind 6 mil for Miller
                          Teams are getting into a bidding war over Miller and the Raiders are one of the teams, there's no point in spending a ton of money on him when we could get the same production out a combination of these guys but much cheaper.

There's very little guaranteed money tied up in these players, and thus very little risk. We see what works out, and cut the rest. Much cheaper than handing the job over to Miller for $6-$7 mill a year.

Comment

Quinn and gronk are getting cut

Comment

I hope/agree

Comment

Working...
                              X