Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great interview with SI.com NFL writer Jim Trotter

http://www.1043thefan.com/channels/c...spx?ID=1467923

Great, GREAT piece. I think he nailed just about everything.
    sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Gonna listen to it right now :thumb:

Comment

Refreshing non biased opinion. Interesting point is the vets in the locker room fully trust Orton to be the QB, and reiterating Fox will play the best 22.
      Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Comment

Originally posted by MHSalute View Post
        Refreshing non biased opinion. Interesting point is the vets in the locker room fully trust Orton to be the QB, and reiterating Fox will play the best 22.
        I especially liked how he talked about how John said, again, that TC isn't the only evaluation process.

I liked how he wasn't completely oblivious to how much the fan base is on Orton's back and how unwarranted it is.
        sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Also,he talked about how ridiculous the thought is that a pro team would intentionally be bad to get a draft pick.
          sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
            Also,he talked about how ridiculous the thought is that a pro team would intentionally be bad to get a draft pick.
            Definitely liked that part. Always irritates the crap out of me when people suggest that's what we're doing. I can understand a team might do it when it's two 2-13 teams playing each other at the end of the season and the loser gets the #1 pick and there's a bad ass QB there, but you don't start the season with the intention of tanking it for the #1 overall pick.

Comment

Orton won 23% of his starts last season as a 6th year vet with no potential left. Tebow won 33% of his starts as a raw rookie nowhere close to his potential and with leaps and bounds to improve.

If Denver is gonna start Orton I say their plan is to lose on purpose and get Luck.

Comment

This is why we can't have nice things.
                sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

I also liked how he said that even though he gets alot of flack outside the locker room, the veterans believe in him and know that last seasons failures didn't revolve around him.
                  sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

I listened to the interview on the radio, and I thought it was an honest assessment of the current state of the Broncos.

ONe thing that Bronco fans from the Elway era such as myself have a hard time getting over is that it IS rare for one guy to be able to turn the tables like Elway did. He could literally turn the game on a dime and you just knew it wasn't over until the last time he touched the ball. THere were some games last year, especially the Arizona game, where Orton was absolutely terrible. There was no excuse to NOT put Tebow in at that point and from that point forward during last year. That being said, that was LAST YEAR. It's a new ballgame this year, and Tebow needs to win the starting job the same way every other NFL QB has to win the starting job. He isn't getting it done up to this point, and that is Tim Tebow's fault, not Kyle Orton's fault.

Comment

Great Interview. Good find Cory.
                      New England Patriots GM

Comment

As a Tebow homer, pretty good interview.

And the suck for Luck is stupid, Elway/Fox want to win, if we're 4-10 after 14 games, then yeah..

Comment

Not going to say it again, but stay on topic people. This will NOT turn into a Tebow v. Orton debate.

Comment

Thanks

http://www.1043thefan.com/channels/c...spx?ID=1467923

Great, GREAT piece. I think he nailed just about everything.
                            That interview was the single most informative piece about the current state of affairs of the Denver Broncos which I have studied and followed for most of my life.

It sounds like a team attitude with mutual respect of all those involved is being restored. Those who have been part of teams, especially football teams may catch the vibe.

Thanks for posting, Cory. Nice work. We haven't always agreed on everything, and I doubt if we still do. However, I think we can agree that this interview is more descriptive and answers more questions than anything we've seen or read so far.
                            "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by Gbt31 View Post
                              Great Interview. Good find Cory.
                              Originally posted by OrangeCrushem View Post
                              I listened to the interview on the radio, and I thought it was an honest assessment of the current state of the Broncos.

ONe thing that Bronco fans from the Elway era such as myself have a hard time getting over is that it IS rare for one guy to be able to turn the tables like Elway did. He could literally turn the game on a dime and you just knew it wasn't over until the last time he touched the ball. THere were some games last year, especially the Arizona game, where Orton was absolutely terrible. There was no excuse to NOT put Tebow in at that point and from that point forward during last year. That being said, that was LAST YEAR. It's a new ballgame this year, and Tebow needs to win the starting job the same way every other NFL QB has to win the starting job. He isn't getting it done up to this point, and that is Tim Tebow's fault, not Kyle Orton's fault.
                              Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
                              As a Tebow homer, pretty good interview.

And the suck for Luck is stupid, Elway/Fox want to win, if we're 4-10 after 14 games, then yeah..
                              Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                              That interview was the single most informative piece about the current state of affairs of the Denver Broncos which I have studied and followed for most of my life.

It sounds like a team attitude with mutual respect of all those involved is being restored. Those who have been part of teams, especially football teams may catch the vibe.

Thanks for posting, Cory. Nice work. We haven't always agreed on everything, and I doubt if we still do. However, I think we can agree that this interview is more descriptive and answers more questions than anything we've seen or read so far.
                              I appreciate the comments guys. CP to yall!
                              sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Working...
                              X