X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• diesel51
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFutureIsHere View Post
    Orton won 23% of his starts last season as a 6th year vet with no potential left. Tebow won 33% of his starts as a raw rookie nowhere close to his potential and with leaps and bounds to improve.

If Denver is gonna start Orton I say their plan is to lose on purpose and get Luck.
    Your logic is faulty, pure and simple.

Statistics do not tell the whole story. By your theory, the Cowboys plan was to lose by going with Troy Aikman as their starter versus Jason Garrett.

Troy Aikman started 168 games in his career, winning 96. His winning percentage is .571, that is to say, he won roughly 57% of the games he started.

Jason Garrett started 8 games in his career, winning 5. His winning percentage is .625, that is to say, he won roughly 63% of the games he started.

Using your interpretation of the statistics, Dallas made a huge mistake by going with the HOF QB for all those years when they could have played their 2nd/3rd string QB Jason Garrett.

Now, doesn't that sound ridiculous?

Leave a comment:

• Vhailor
    replied
    Originally posted by Crazy8 View Post
    The part I liked was how a lot of fans want big free agents, but that's not how you build a team. You build through the draft. That's the only way to be fiscally responsible in the salary cap age. Then you reward your guys that are home grown. You only supplement through Free Agency. But you build through the draft.
    Agreed. You build through the draft and then supplement with free agency.

Thanks for the post, Cory. Great to hear such things.

Leave a comment:

• Crazy8
    replied
    The part I liked was how a lot of fans want big free agents, but that's not how you build a team. You build through the draft. That's the only way to be fiscally responsible in the salary cap age. Then you reward your guys that are home grown. You only supplement through Free Agency. But you build through the draft.

Leave a comment:

• Tripp
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncoFanDK View Post
    No, the Broncos won 23% of their starts with Orton last year/53% the year before, and they won 33% of the games Tebow started. Football is a team sport. Our defence was the worst in the league - Tebow had success against the second worst defence in the league.

I think that it is a little over the top to project that Tebow will lead us to multiple Super Bowl victories.

EFX will have to decide, and I will NEVER boo our starting QB EVER! I would love for Tebow to blow Orton out of the water, but unless he does I will root for Orton. He is nothing more than a scape goat right now.
    Bangarang. Freakin' nailed it on that one, my friend-- AND coming from someone who is pulling for Tebow to beat out Orton. Absolutely crazy.

Back onto topic since I don't want to derail this thread: Awesome find, Cory. Definitely good stuff. :thumb:

Leave a comment:

• BroncoFanDK
    replied
    Orton won 23% of his starts last season as a 6th year vet with no potential left. Tebow won 33% of his starts as a raw rookie nowhere close to his potential and with leaps and bounds to improve.

If Denver is gonna start Orton I say their plan is to lose on purpose and get Luck.
    No, the Broncos won 23% of their starts with Orton last year/53% the year before, and they won 33% of the games Tebow started. Football is a team sport. Our defence was the worst in the league - Tebow had success against the second worst defence in the league.

I think that it is a little over the top to project that Tebow will lead us to multiple Super Bowl victories.

EFX will have to decide, and I will NEVER boo our starting QB EVER! I would love for Tebow to blow Orton out of the water, but unless he does I will root for Orton. He is nothing more than a scape goat right now.

Leave a comment:

• Lomax
    replied
    Nice post, Cory.

I especially liked the analysis of Fox as a delegator. I don't think you would ever see a coaching mutiny like we had last year under Fox.

Leave a comment:

• 12and4
    replied
    This interview changed my life.

Thank you, for being you Cory. You are being the best you you can be. Jake will be proud.
    Last edited by 12and4; 08-01-2011, 10:44 PM.

Leave a comment:

• rogue719
    replied

And, of course, the fact that all during the beginning of the season, the Broncos had no running game, a patchwork offensive line that didn't start to come together until the end of the season and the worst defense in the NFL.
    It's never as simple as wins and losses, particularly when evaluating a QB.

Leave a comment:

• CoryWinget81
    replied
    Originally posted by Gbt31 View Post
    Great Interview. Good find Cory.
    Originally posted by OrangeCrushem View Post
    I listened to the interview on the radio, and I thought it was an honest assessment of the current state of the Broncos.

ONe thing that Bronco fans from the Elway era such as myself have a hard time getting over is that it IS rare for one guy to be able to turn the tables like Elway did. He could literally turn the game on a dime and you just knew it wasn't over until the last time he touched the ball. THere were some games last year, especially the Arizona game, where Orton was absolutely terrible. There was no excuse to NOT put Tebow in at that point and from that point forward during last year. That being said, that was LAST YEAR. It's a new ballgame this year, and Tebow needs to win the starting job the same way every other NFL QB has to win the starting job. He isn't getting it done up to this point, and that is Tim Tebow's fault, not Kyle Orton's fault.
    Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    As a Tebow homer, pretty good interview.

And the suck for Luck is stupid, Elway/Fox want to win, if we're 4-10 after 14 games, then yeah..
    Originally posted by samparnell View Post
    That interview was the single most informative piece about the current state of affairs of the Denver Broncos which I have studied and followed for most of my life.

It sounds like a team attitude with mutual respect of all those involved is being restored. Those who have been part of teams, especially football teams may catch the vibe.

Thanks for posting, Cory. Nice work. We haven't always agreed on everything, and I doubt if we still do. However, I think we can agree that this interview is more descriptive and answers more questions than anything we've seen or read so far.
    I appreciate the comments guys. CP to yall!

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    Thanks

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
    http://www.1043thefan.com/channels/c...spx?ID=1467923

Great, GREAT piece. I think he nailed just about everything.
    That interview was the single most informative piece about the current state of affairs of the Denver Broncos which I have studied and followed for most of my life.

It sounds like a team attitude with mutual respect of all those involved is being restored. Those who have been part of teams, especially football teams may catch the vibe.

Thanks for posting, Cory. Nice work. We haven't always agreed on everything, and I doubt if we still do. However, I think we can agree that this interview is more descriptive and answers more questions than anything we've seen or read so far.

Leave a comment:

• jetrazor74
    replied
    Not going to say it again, but stay on topic people. This will NOT turn into a Tebow v. Orton debate.

Leave a comment:

• ERoyal248
    replied
    As a Tebow homer, pretty good interview.

And the suck for Luck is stupid, Elway/Fox want to win, if we're 4-10 after 14 games, then yeah..

Leave a comment:

• Gbt31
    replied
    Great Interview. Good find Cory.

Leave a comment:

• OrangeCrushem
    replied
    I listened to the interview on the radio, and I thought it was an honest assessment of the current state of the Broncos.

ONe thing that Bronco fans from the Elway era such as myself have a hard time getting over is that it IS rare for one guy to be able to turn the tables like Elway did. He could literally turn the game on a dime and you just knew it wasn't over until the last time he touched the ball. THere were some games last year, especially the Arizona game, where Orton was absolutely terrible. There was no excuse to NOT put Tebow in at that point and from that point forward during last year. That being said, that was LAST YEAR. It's a new ballgame this year, and Tebow needs to win the starting job the same way every other NFL QB has to win the starting job. He isn't getting it done up to this point, and that is Tim Tebow's fault, not Kyle Orton's fault.

Leave a comment:

• CoryWinget81
    replied
    I also liked how he said that even though he gets alot of flack outside the locker room, the veterans believe in him and know that last seasons failures didn't revolve around him.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X