DMAC, is that you???

Leave a comment:

• Rockies3384
    replied
    Looks like DMAC was/is right!

Leave a comment:

• rst08tierney
    replied
    how are we the best with out playing any games?

i like it though

Leave a comment:

• ParkHill-71
    replied
    Originally posted by japfaff View Post
    There is no doubt that we upgraded our HC....But he should have brought in a real OC. His O is pretty outdated and just not successful in the NFL now. But I think this was an Elway move. I see mcCoy and X taking the fall this offseason and making a play for Kubs back if he get fired in Houston
    I can dig it.....Just put me in the corner that doesnt think this season is a total loss! I don't think Elway is built that way. Im old...and although its been going on for a few years let me tell you, the Bronco fan base is not used to being last in the Div and especially getting swept by the Raiders and things like that.

Nah....I think they expect at least some results this year.
    Last edited by ParkHill-71; 08-04-2011, 06:02 PM.

Leave a comment:

• broncos SB2010
    replied
    Originally posted by SoundsOfSuccess View Post
    Tyson Jackson is a bust.
    Tamba Hali is a beast, but Dumervil is better.
    Derek Johnson is mediocre.
    Eric Berry is a beast.
    Brandon Flowers has been a good player.
    Glenn Dorsey struggled, but is coming around.

Ayers > Jackson
    Dumervil > Hali
    Von and DJ > both Derek Johnson and ________
    Berry > Moore
    Bailey > Flowers
    Bunkley and Warren both > Dorsey, atm.
    I'm going to have to disagree on this one. Tamba Hali is better than DOOM. He might be a top three 3-4 OLB now and DOOM is average as a 4-3 DE.

KC has a very good defense and they will only be better than last year. I wouldn't be surprised to see them #1 in the AFCW.

I love the optimism about the Broncos but going from 32nd in the league to tops in the division will be tough. This past year SD was ranked #1, Oakland was 11trh, and KC was 14th. Passing all 3 will be very very hard.
    Last edited by broncos SB2010; 08-04-2011, 05:49 PM.

Leave a comment:

• japfaff
    replied
    Originally posted by ParkHill-71 View Post
    Thats fair....and trust.....I used to pull my hair out over Josh.....but I always said...its his team...he is the boss. If it fails, its his but that should pay. Pat made him pay, so we move ahead now.

The thing that has me in higher spirits with Fox is he isnt a kid. This isnt new to him. He has a 5-3 playoff win%......I just can't fathem him being worse the Josh...and the oposite of that for me is a positive.
    There is no doubt that we upgraded our HC....But he should have brought in a real OC. His O is pretty outdated and just not successful in the NFL now. But I think this was an Elway move. I see mcCoy and X taking the fall this offseason and making a play for Kubs back if he get fired in Houston

Leave a comment:

• ParkHill-71
    replied
    I agree they will be better coached.....But it isnt like we are getting a great coach......He was always up a year and down a year. We will see which one we are going to have this season.
    Thats fair....and trust.....I used to pull my hair out over Josh.....but I always said...its his team...he is the boss. If it fails, its his but that should pay. Pat made him pay, so we move ahead now.

The thing that has me in higher spirits with Fox is he isnt a kid. This isnt new to him. He has a 5-3 playoff win%......I just can't fathem him being worse the Josh...and the oposite of that for me is a positive.

Leave a comment:

• japfaff
    replied
    Originally posted by ParkHill-71 View Post
    I think we are all missing something here that bares comment...
    Does anybody.....annyyyyboddy think Mcdaniels coached the best year?
    Second, do you think he got the players to play their best?

Last, I happen to believe that this team will be better coached this year. I think there was an cause and effect thing going on last year. The coach wasn't ready and he was too stubborn and egotistical to respect the last coaches players and well just coach them. I think this team played under their potential last year.

I have nothing to base that on other than pure feeling being truthful. Im just trying to make the point the coach lost this team last year!
    I agree they will be better coached.....But it isnt like we are getting a great coach......He was always up a year and down a year. We will see which one we are going to have this season.

Leave a comment:

• ParkHill-71
    replied
    I think we are all missing something here that bares comment...
    Does anybody.....annyyyyboddy think Mcdaniels coached the best year?
    Second, do you think he got the players to play their best?

Last, I happen to believe that this team will be better coached this year. I think there was an cause and effect thing going on last year. The coach wasn't ready and he was too stubborn and egotistical to respect the last coaches players and well just coach them. I think this team played under their potential last year.

I have nothing to base that on other than pure feeling being truthful. Im just trying to make the point the coach lost this team last year!

Leave a comment:

• japfaff
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncoKing View Post
    And yet you are on here saying we have less talent than last year? That is what I'm sayin! You don't know what you are talking about. I don't care about the times you were right in the past. The past is irrelevent. Last season is 100% irrelevent now. What matters is this season and you my friend have just shown you know nothing about the current crop of players.
    I never said they have less talent than last year. I think they are about the same....I said they have the least amount of talent in the division

Leave a comment:

• Cugel
    replied
    Your right I dont.......yet when am I wrong? Just cause you dont like what I have to say doesnt mean I am wrong. I am the one that was saying this team was in trouble back when Shanny was here... I was the one that saw flaws when we were 6-0....I called it on Royal, I called it on Moss, I called it on Ayers, I called it on Moreno.....So please tell me when I swing and miss....cause I will say this I am right way more often than a lot of you guys are....
    I said the same things in 2009 and nearly got banned by vicious mods; so I'd say I have some credibility when it comes to evaluating this team's prospects. I've been almost exactly right for the past 5 years. In fact last year I over-estimated them giving them more credit than they deserved when I said they'd get 6 or 7 wins.

This year a LOT will depend on whether Bunkley and Warren are more than 1 year stop-gaps.

MUG is pretty certain they aren't. Me, although I remember all the times we've been through this before (Sam Adams, DeWayne Robertson, Ron Fields, Jimmy Kennedy, Jamal Williams, etc.) I'm cautiously optimistic that Warren is recovered from injury.

He seems to have been cut for conditioning reasons unrelated to his hip injury. Bunkley is practicing and seems OK.

I don't think Bunkley will make much impact, but he is a better run defender than either Vickerson or Thomas -- which makes him a valuable pickup. He can't rush the passer, but then he can be useful without that.

A lot will depend on whether Doom can handle having a beefy OT leaning on him all game without wearing down by the 4th quarter. They really need a guy to spell him in rotation to keep him fresh because the last time he played DE back in 2008 he wasn't all that effective late in games.

Not having to line up on an OT is a big part of why he became the NFL sack leader in 2009. I'm not sure if going back to the DL is a good thing for Doom.

Miller is totally unproven of course. You can't expect much from a rookie LB. He could be an All-pro in 3 years and still not do much in 2011. It just takes some time to adjust to the pro-game.

He's also a SLB which isn't the best match for his skill sets. He was the best 3-4 pass-rushing OLB in the draft -- but he's playing on a 4-3. They say they're going to "move him around" and create mis-matches. Well, we'll see how that works out.

At least he gives the Broncos a 2nd pass-rusher which is a crying need.

If Warren & Bunkley, Thomas & Vickerson can stuff the run -- even if they can't pass-rush worth a damn, they are still an improvement on last year. A big one.

Overall this team is much more solid on defense than they were a year ago. But, saying they will be the best in the division is rather a stretch.

I'd have to see them perform in a few games before I'd anoint them as the best.

Leave a comment:

• Chillez
    replied
    Because going of straight talent we have less. Sure anything can happen. But SD and KC are clearly the class of the division. And who have they looked solid against? Themselves? Dont believe camp reports especially ones after 2 days of padded practice
    ....:paper:

Leave a comment:

• BroncoKing
    replied
    Your right I dont.......yet when am I wrong? Just cause you dont like what I have to say doesnt mean I am wrong. I am the one that was saying this team was in trouble back when Shanny was here... I was the one that saw flaws when we were 6-0....I called it on Royal, I called it on Moss, I called it on Ayers, I called it on Moreno.....So please tell me when I swing and miss....cause I will say this I am right way more often than a lot of you guys are....
    And yet you are on here saying we have less talent than last year? That is what I'm sayin! You don't know what you are talking about. I don't care about the times you were right in the past. The past is irrelevent. Last season is 100% irrelevent now. What matters is this season and you my friend have just shown you know nothing about the current crop of players.

Leave a comment:

• ParkHill-71
    replied
    Because going of straight talent we have less.
    .......:paper:

Leave a comment:

• japfaff
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncoKing View Post
    Just ignore him. He knows not what he is talking about.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X