Mccaffery/Lelie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mccaffery/Lelie

It was good to see ed get a reception yesterday. I'd wished jake would've pass to him more. I miss seeing those down the field clutch bombs that ed would usually catch. We will definitely need ed for the remaining 3 games though. Maybe shanny is saving him for the playoffs? Our passing game needs to be on all cylinders. Rod and shannon can't do it alone. Hopefully, lelie will snap out of his funk quick! Cause once we fully get our pass offense clicking, we'd be a force to be reckoned with. Especially if we get an 11-5 record entering the playoffs. Btw, anyone knows where our defense is ranked after sunday's win?

3rd in the league, second in the AFC.

Top 5 are-

1- Dallas
    2- Buffalo
    3- Denver
    4- Baltimore
    5- Jacksonville

Comment

Totally Agree

Our running game is pretty much sound. We just need to add that additonal pass threat because Sharpe and Smith can't be the only ones making plays for us downfield. We need Lelie to step it up, and as far as Ed goes, we know that he will be ready and reliable when we need him.

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Joe
        3rd in the league, second in the AFC.

Top 5 are-

1- Dallas
        2- Buffalo
        3- Denver
        4- Baltimore
        5- Jacksonville
        Really? even after giving so many passing yards?

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
        You should check these guys out

Comment

Gave up mega passing yards, but offset it with the lack of a KC run game. They were forced to pass.

Speaking of Pass, while it was nice to see Ed and Ashley on the field, more than one completion from each of them would have been nice, fumble fingers Lelei gave up another easy catch for a big gain yesterday.
          The Game Day Thread: Year 16 in progress!!! sigpic

Comment

Neither Ed or Ashley have really been able to develop with Jake. It looks like only Rod with his work ethic is the go to guy along with Shannon.

We will need both of them in the next games, especially on the road. We need Ashley to catch some long gainers for us.
            Go Broncos!!! - Hosea 10:12

Comment

maybe if he loses the gloves, because something isn't working for our so called deep threat.
              The Game Day Thread: Year 16 in progress!!! sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Elway
                maybe if he loses the gloves, because something isn't working for our so called deep threat.
                Do you want to make that suggestion to him on the "player thread"??? Actually I like the idea because something needs to change.

The weird thing is the announcers of the Denver game Sunday said that he was catching everything in sight in practice.

Hopefully he is not just a good "practice" player and a bad "game day" player.
                Go Broncos!!! - Hosea 10:12

Comment

Maybe they're only the plays I've seen, but Ed tends to be smothered by his defender whenever I'm looking. Given Plummer's past with interceptions, I'd not throw to him either, until/if Ed regains a step. His old deep plays are pretty much out now for exactly that reason. Heck, Shannon can't do that based on speed alone, and he's a bit faster than Ed. I've already said what I think about Lelie right now in another thread...

Comment

Originally posted by broncos4ever
                    Neither Ed or Ashley have really been able to develop with Jake. It looks like only Rod with his work ethic is the go to guy along with Shannon.

We will need both of them in the next games, especially on the road. We need Ashley to catch some long gainers for us.
                    It now seems like Lelie did better when he was catching those erratic passes by Griese. Hopefully, Lelie and Jake can work it out where he can be more productive.

As for McCaffrey, he's just getting back into his groove. Give him a couple of more games to work out the kinks and he will probably be in usual form by playoff time.
                    Fending off Chefs left and right since 1980.

Comment

Working...
                    X