No announcement yet.

John Fox's Tenure and Control in Carolina

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

watching the game last night, I sure was reminded of the old Broncos under Dan Reeves. First 3 quarters under Reeves were so predictable. 1st down, run up the middle. 2nd down, run up the middle. 3rd down, pass if it is over 3 yards otherwise run it up the middle. 4th down, punt. When the 4th quarter started, and we were behind, we let the qb take over and try to pass us back into it on all downs.

Under that system, it is going to make it very difficult to be ranked highly in offensive production. So I don't think we should expect it.

However, I seem to remember winning a whole lot of games in that system, and making it to a number of super bowls. So perhaps it is a non-issue that our offense will not put up great numbers. By running the ball and playing smash mouth, you tend to shorten the game, and make each play that much more important. A good defense can be an advantage in that type of pressure situation.

It will be interesting to see if we can pull it off.

Comment

Originally posted by Pilfin View Post
      watching the game last night, I sure was reminded of the old Broncos under Dan Reeves. First 3 quarters under Reeves were so predictable. 1st down, run up the middle. 2nd down, run up the middle. 3rd down, pass if it is over 3 yards otherwise run it up the middle. 4th down, punt. When the 4th quarter started, and we were behind, we let the qb take over and try to pass us back into it on all downs.

Under that system, it is going to make it very difficult to be ranked highly in offensive production. So I don't think we should expect it.

However, I seem to remember winning a whole lot of games in that system, and making it to a number of super bowls. So perhaps it is a non-issue that our offense will not put up great numbers. By running the ball and playing smash mouth, you tend to shorten the game, and make each play that much more important. A good defense can be an advantage in that type of pressure situation.

It will be interesting to see if we can pull it off.
      Preseason = no game planning and minimal effort to fool opposing teams, because you don't want to tip your hand and give other teams a lot of information to deal with for their film study.
      You Tell 'em Justice is coming. You tell 'em I'M coming!sigpic

Comment

Fox coming to Denver won't suddenly make Royal and Brandon Lloyd suck...and Denver needs a run game and defense more than anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Jagsbch View Post
          He is the only Coach Elway could find desperate enough to allow Elway to sink his talons into every facet of the coaching scene. Fox is actually playing second fiddle to Elway, anyone disillusioned to this reality needs to get a clue. There is a reason why Elway was getting turned down by other coaches... I mean the only guy he could find desperate enough to be his yes man was a guy who had only one win last season. Shees. Fox was indeed a very poor replacement for McDaniels to be fired the way he was, I mean they brought in a guy who actually had less wins. What joke.
          Originally posted by gary.busey View Post
          Questioning the way and why McDaniels was fired and replaced by the only Coach with a worse record - that being in a year where we were hurt extremely by injuries.

Fox deserves our support - but I am uneasy about him. He does not seem to have any vision for the team - the dynamic visions are gone and we will have to see what follows

Comment

I hate quarterback ratings.

It's an unimaginative overinflated number.

Where are the sacks and where is the rushing?

Passing yards and TDs are a fraction of modern quarterbacking. This isn't the 1960's.

Comment

Originally posted by Brohemoth View Post
              I hate quarterback ratings.

It's an unimaginative overinflated number.

Where are the sacks and where is the rushing?

Passing yards and TDs are a fraction of modern quarterbacking. This isn't the 1960's.
              Sacks. Hmm. Gimme a minute...

...here we go.

For the 2011 preseason -
              • Orton - 2 sacks in 42 pass attempts.
              • Quinn - 0 sacks in 42 pass attempts.
              • Tebow - 7 sacks in 31 pass attempts.

"That's a crap question."
              - Kyle Orton

Comment

Originally posted by neckbeard View Post
                Sacks. Hmm. Gimme a minute...

...here we go.

For the 2011 preseason -
                • Orton - 2 sacks in 42 pass attempts.
                • Quinn - 0 sacks in 42 pass attempts.
                • Tebow - 7 sacks in 31 pass attempts.

What is your point?

I'm not defending Tebow.

Why would I? He already has the highest rating.

Just expressing my feelings on the PR stat.

Comment

Working...
                X