Perrish Cox news

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perrish Cox news

Is there any? He had an excused absence today but why? Is he past his legal issues yet?
    The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Court. Denverpost.com.

Comment

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_18764290

Denver Broncos cornerback Perrish Cox appeared this morning in Douglas County District Court where his attorney asked that a hearing scheduled for this afternoon be postponed.

His lawyer Harvey Steinberg told Judge Paul King that he had not reviewed a video recording of Cox being interviewed by investigators. The issue related to the way a copy of the recording was labeled.

King rescheduled the motions hearing until Sept. 16.

Cox faces two felony charges of sexually assaulting a helpless victim unable to appraise her own condition. If convicted, he faces two years to life in prison.

The alleged assault happened Sept. 6 last year, and the woman notified police Oct. 28. Cox was arrested Dec. 9.

According to the arrest affidavit, which was unsealed July 22, the alleged victim became pregnant and DNA testing determined that Cox was the father.
      After the affidavit was released, Denver Broncos management called the allegations against Cox "extremely serious and troubling to our organization."

Cox, who started nine games last year as a rookie, has continued to practice at Dove Valley. However, he was absent this morning.

The Broncos will cut the roster to 53 on Sept. 3.

Comment

absent this morning... I am sad about losing a somewhat promising young player, but if this was my friend or family I would want to Atwater him...

Comment

Cox drafted in the fifth round, was a high risk / high reward player.

He had off the field troubles as a player in college. Teams were afraid that those issues would translate to the pros.

Unfortunately for us (and him), they did...

Comment

Originally posted by Peerless View Post
            Cox drafted in the fifth round, was a high risk / high reward player.

He had off the field troubles as a player in college. Teams were afraid that those issues would translate to the pros.

Unfortunately for us (and him), they did...
            Lately for quite a few teams, 5th rounders seem to be throw away players. I dont blame the FO for taking the risk.

Comment

Originally posted by rst08tierney View Post
              Lately for quite a few teams, 5th rounders seem to be throw away players. I dont blame the FO for taking the risk.
              looks like more JMD's drafting is going to bite the dust
              The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

[QUOTE=rst08tierney;3916980]Lately for quite a few teams, 5th rounders seem to be throw away players. I dont blame the FO for taking the risk.[/QUOT

and 2nd rounders are as well for us

Comment

I'm guessing the next Perrish Cox news we get will come at some point next week when he's released.

He's got a ton of baggage (obviously) let him sort through that and after that's done, if he's a free man, he can continue his pursuit of an NFL career with some other team.

Comment

He's going to prison. Plain and simple. And even if, for some reason, he manages to skate out of jail time, he's getting a huge suspension. Huge. Probably a season. There is no way Goodell can't suspend him pending a guilty plea/verdict, even if it is to a lesser charge or charges, and my guess is he gets an entire year.
                    All it takes to win is doing whatever it takes to win: COMMITMENT

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
                      I'm guessing the next Perrish Cox news we get will come at some point next week when he's released.

He's got a ton of baggage (obviously) let him sort through that and after that's done, if he's a free man, he can continue his pursuit of an NFL career with some other team.
                      Why would we release him before they make a decision

Comment

Originally posted by nic.zeman24 View Post
                        If I was a coach, I wouldn't waste a roster spot on a player who has a good chance of going to prison early in the season.

Comment

Because there are other young players who have shown themselves capable of filling the roles, and they don't have the issues Cox does.

Comment

Because he raped a woman while she was unconscious. There's that.

Comment

Originally posted by Vertical Socks View Post
                              Because he raped a woman while she was unconscious. There's that.
                              Who cares. He can play football.

Comment

Working...
                              X