Dawkins back to playing at a high level

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dawkins back to playing at a high level

So many times throughout the last year I have seen a lot of posters saying this guy is done and we should cut him. I was never one of these people, I knew that the reason Dawkins had a down year last year was because of how bad the defense was as a whole and how bad the scheme was.

Now Dawkins has a disruptive D and is back to being a playmaker. He is just as important to this D as anyone else. He still has great instincts and still can lay wood. He will be back to having a Pro Bowl year this year as Denver D will soar. I know i'm basing this off of preseason games, but I think that this Defense is for real, and Dawkins will have another great year.
    sigpic

I think he was coming back from an injury also. He's looked good to me this preseason, especially compared to last year. Plus even if he isn't playing at the same level that he used to, his way of pumping up the defense would be missed.

Comment

Dawkins has maybe lost a step or two - he's getting older, but with a better total defense he'll continue to contribute through the season.

What he gives this team in terms of motivation, leadership and intensity makes it worth it to have him - compounded with the fact he's still a great player - GLAD TO HAVE HIM!

Comment

This dude is key to our success, not only this year but next year. He is a great role model and teacher for all of our rookies.

Comment

Originally posted by The Experience View Post
          So many times throughout the last year I have seen a lot of posters saying this guy is done and we should cut him. I was never one of these people, I knew that the reason Dawkins had a down year last year was because of how bad the defense was as a whole and how bad the scheme was.

Now Dawkins has a disruptive D and is back to being a playmaker. He is just as important to this D as anyone else. He still has great instincts and still can lay wood. He will be back to having a Pro Bowl year this year as Denver D will soar. I know i'm basing this off of preseason games, but I think that this Defense is for real, and Dawkins will have another great year.
          No he wont....but love the optimism......Right now dawkins is more a LB than a S. He is really limited on who he can cover (no backs and few TE's), but he still plays in the box well......

Personally I thought, and I still do think...This team would be better in the long run if Dawkins wasnt a starter. This year we are going no where I think the exp to the young guys would be invaluable. Get them really ready for next season when we could make a wild card push.
          Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

Comment

Originally posted by japfaff View Post
            No he wont....but love the optimism......Right now dawkins is more a LB than a S. He is really limited on who he can cover (no backs and few TE's), but he still plays in the box well......

Personally I thought, and I still do think...This team would be better in the long run if Dawkins wasnt a starter. This year we are going no where I think the exp to the young guys would be invaluable. Get them really ready for next season when we could make a wild card push.
            Seriously? Can you post anything positive on the Broncos ever? Your the most negative poster on these boards. I know you will say your "a realist" but you never have anything good to say....
            sigpic

Comment

Seriously? Can you post anything positive on the Broncos ever? Your the most negative poster on these boards. I know you will say your "a realist" but you never have anything good to say....
              Saying that Dawkins is done isn't negative...It is the truth.....Who would you feel comfortable with him covering? You don't think this team would be better off with the young guys getting the PT that the old guy is going to get.....Cause I hate to tell you. If we are a 8 wins team with Dawkins (I think 6), then we are an 8 win team without him. At this point of his career he does nothing that I wouldn't expect any avg or better S to be able to do
              Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

Comment

Saying that Dawkins is done isn't negative...It is the truth.....Who would you feel comfortable with him covering? You don't think this team would be better off with the young guys getting the PT that the old guy is going to get.....Cause I hate to tell you. If we are a 8 wins team with Dawkins (I think 6), then we are an 8 win team without him. At this point of his career he does nothing that I wouldn't expect any avg or better S to be able to do
                No it's your opinion. Because you have no basis to support that.

He has neve been a great coverage guy. No I think Dawkins is as important to this defense as anyone. Guess what I have a newsflash for you...

This defense, locker room and team as a whole is not as good without Dawkins...
                sigpic

Comment

Great for Dawkins and Great for the Broncos, I new we had something special with our LB core and I'm glad to see it starting already, I still feel once they mesh together with Mays we may have a new set of Amigos only on D, but I'm happy with a Dynamic Duo too
                  sigpic
                  I Adopt #77 well damn!
                  Milla Da QB Killa' #77
                  Fox Rocks #77

Comment

Prove it with facts then.

Until then, its your opinion. And a bad one, at that.

Comment

No it's your opinion. Because you have no basis to support that.

He has neve been a great coverage guy. No I think Dawkins is as important to this defense as anyone. Guess what I have a newsflash for you...

This defense, locker room and team as a whole is not as good without Dawkins...
                      Dawkins benefit isn't between the lines. He is nothing more than a below avg defender who is constantly exposed. Watch any game from last season he was always abused in coverage and in the open field.

The benefit he can give is absolutely in the locker room. But you will see. If he goes down with an injury (which is highly likely) the D will not lose a beat.

Dawkins is quickly becoming one of those players that hangs on for far to long. I can blame him I would make them take it from me as well. But if he was on say the Chargers....I wouldn't fear him for a second. Get him in space and he struggles.

As for he has never been a coverage guy...I call bull**** there. He was just fine in coverage and always seemed to make the big play when needed. Now he is a liability

Comment

Dawkins benefit isn't between the lines. He is nothing more than a below avg defender who is constantly exposed. Watch any game from last season he was always abused in coverage and in the open field.

The benefit he can give is absolutely in the locker room. But you will see. If he goes down with an injury (which is highly likely) the D will not lose a beat.

Dawkins is quickly becoming one of those players that hangs on for far to long. I can blame him I would make them take it from me as well. But if he was on say the Chargers....I wouldn't fear him for a second. Get him in space and he struggles.

As for he has never been a coverage guy...I call bull**** there. He was just fine in coverage and always seemed to make the big play when needed. Now he is a liability
                        We need that Physical presence in the secondary. Dawkins still brings that. Every single player on last year's D was exposed last year so that means nothing. The guy has had a great preseason and appears to be back to form. He was great for us 2 years ago and I think he can get back to that this year with a defense that plays more to his style of play.
                        sigpic

Comment

Salute Dawkins

The energy alone Dawkins brings to the field is enough to make other guys around him step up their game. You can't coach his passion and love for the game and when a player has that I think you see them give their all every play. Dawkins is no different in that regard.

Sure he had plays he'd like to take back but even Bailey sometimes get beat it's the NFL you're talking about the best players in the world here. To say Dawkins is a liability is a bit of a stretch. I know he's up there at age but so is Ed Reed and I hold them two in the same category as far as talent wise.

We need Dawkins and the team needs him also. The young guys will still develope like they are suppose too. Dawkins can tutor them and point things out to them that they might not realize. You keep a guy like Dawkins around for as long as you need. He still has a good two three years left because he keeps himself in great shape. So I'm in favor of Dawkins, I love the guy's raw attitude,passion, and love for the game.
                          :go:

Comment

Y'all remember that one guy, Al Wilson? The way he used to pump up and lead the defense? BDawk offers the same thing to this defense, which is exactly what these guys need! Even IF he has lost a step or two, he is a very key component to that side of the ball. And I agree with the OP, he looks much better and I cant wait to see him flying around and knocking the dogsnot outta people!

Comment

We need that Physical presence in the secondary. Dawkins still brings that. Every single player on last year's D was exposed last year so that means nothing. The guy has had a great preseason and appears to be back to form. He was great for us 2 years ago and I think he can get back to that this year with a defense that plays more to his style of play.
                              Played great....How? What has he done? How many picks has he had? How many sacks how many QB pressures? How many tackles. Up to now he has been a total non factor....Dontt confuse that with making a difference

Comment

Working...
                              X