Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dawkins back to playing at a high level

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by japfaff View Post
    Played great....How? What has he done? How many picks has he had? How many sacks how many QB pressures? How many tackles. Up to now he has been a total non factor....Dontt confuse that with making a difference
    alot of players are factors without putting up big numbers and at the same time there are players viewed as liabilities when putting up big numbers for example Donte whither. But since you asked he did make the pro bowl his first season with the broncos and put up over a hundred tackles got 2 picks and a sack. Pretty good for his position going by numbers. Also he was injured last season and only got to play 11 games but still had pretty decent numbers.

    Yes he is old and his best is behind him but he is far from a non factor.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by japfaff View Post
      Played great....How? What has he done? How many picks has he had? How many sacks how many QB pressures? How many tackles. Up to now he has been a total non factor....Dontt confuse that with making a difference
      Honestly this is a slightly ignorant post. He's total crap in coverage, but we don't ask him to cover anymore. I guess you missed his ridiculous blitz and leap to knock down a Tavaris pass to Sidney Rice? He's been an excellent blitzer for us. We've blitzed him on several occasions and he knows how to get into the backfield and force quick throws or flush QB's out of the pocket. I'm not sure what you've been watching to be honest.

      I don't want him anywhere near a receiver as a pass defender, but we're using him just like we used John Lynch his last couple seasons here in Denver, and he's doing a very good job.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by japfaff View Post
        Played great....How? What has he done? How many picks has he had? How many sacks how many QB pressures? How many tackles. Up to now he has been a total non factor....Dontt confuse that with making a difference
        in 2009 he had 116 tackles (95 solo) 2 picks 10 PD and played in all 16 games plus providing leadership and plenty of big hits.

        If you think he has been a non factor you clearly know nothing about football...
        sigpic

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post
          Honestly this is a slightly ignorant post. He's total crap in coverage, but we don't ask him to cover anymore. I guess you missed his ridiculous blitz and leap to knock down a Tavaris pass to Sidney Rice? He's been an excellent blitzer for us. We've blitzed him on several occasions and he knows how to get into the backfield and force quick throws or flush QB's out of the pocket. I'm not sure what you've been watching to be honest.

          I don't want him anywhere near a receiver as a pass defender, but we're using him just like we used John Lynch his last couple seasons here in Denver, and he's doing a very good job.
          My point exactly...He is now a LB and not a S. In today NFL with all the WR and the pass first league that it has become.....He has to cover. We would be far better off if we bit the bullet and went young at the position. Sure there would be a slight drop off this season. But the experience would be invaluable to the young guy. Look we arent going to the play offs this season, everyone here knows that. So lets build up the young players that we are going to have to rely on next season when we have a strong shot at it

          Originally posted by The Experience View Post
          in 2009 he had 116 tackles (95 solo) 2 picks 10 PD and played in all 16 games plus providing leadership and plenty of big hits.

          If you think he has been a non factor you clearly know nothing about football...
          Problem with your argument.....stats are from 2009. He is now 2 years older....Watch what he did last season, I expect a decline from that cause even if he got healthy in the off season he didn't get younger, and he looks slower this preseason than he did last off season
          Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by japfaff View Post
            My point exactly...He is now a LB and not a S. In today NFL with all the WR and the pass first league that it has become.....He has to cover. We would be far better off if we bit the bullet and went young at the position. Sure there would be a slight drop off this season. But the experience would be invaluable to the young guy. Look we arent going to the play offs this season, everyone here knows that. So lets build up the young players that we are going to have to rely on next season when we have a strong shot at it



            Problem with your argument.....stats are from 2009. He is now 2 years older....Watch what he did last season, I expect a decline from that cause even if he got healthy in the off season he didn't get younger, and he looks slower this preseason than he did last off season
            You fail to understand what I am telling you....


            EVERY PLAYER LOOKED AWFUL ON OUR TERRIBLE DEFENSE WITH

            OUR TERRIBLE DC WITH OUR TERRIBLE SCHEME LAST YEAR
            sigpic

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by The Experience View Post
              You fail to understand what I am telling you....


              EVERY PLAYER LOOKED AWFUL ON OUR TERRIBLE DEFENSE WITH

              OUR TERRIBLE DC WITH OUR TERRIBLE SCHEME LAST YEAR
              you will wear out your fingers before japaff says something positive about anyone on this team for longer than a week and once he has it in his mind that someone is no good he cant admit to being wrong even if dawkins makes the PB this year he'l have something negative to say
              sigpic
              -------

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by SBboundBRONCOS View Post
                you will wear out your fingers before japaff says something positive about anyone on this team for longer than a week and once he has it in his mind that someone is no good he cant admit to being wrong even if dawkins makes the PB this year he'l have something negative to say
                Ya I know that your right.....
                sigpic

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by SBboundBRONCOS View Post
                  you will wear out your fingers before japaff says something positive about anyone on this team for longer than a week and once he has it in his mind that someone is no good he cant admit to being wrong even if dawkins makes the PB this year he'l have something negative to say
                  You are so full of crap....I am one of the only people on here that will admit when they were wrong....Ask anyone on here. The fact is that I am right far more often than most.

                  But what did I say that is so negative about Dawkins. I said he sucks in coverage. That is a fact. I said that he was older. Also a fact. I said that we would be better off going forward if Dawkins wasn't on the field so the young guys get experience....That is also a fact. Dawkins on the field offers us nothing going forward. Sure he might be a step up this season, but IMO he isn't a difference maker and even with the step down in performance it might mean 1 win this season. But either way we aren't a playoff team so is 6-10 or 7-9 that big a deal when the experience to the young guys next season would be invaluable......
                  Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by The Experience View Post
                    You fail to understand what I am telling you....


                    EVERY PLAYER LOOKED AWFUL ON OUR TERRIBLE DEFENSE WITH

                    OUR TERRIBLE DC WITH OUR TERRIBLE SCHEME LAST YEAR
                    Champ didn't.......DJ didn't.....So basically the guys with talent looked fine......Dawkins looked terrible and was a HUGE reason the team looked so bad cause he couldn't bring anyone down in the open field......That problem will still be there regardless of who is beside him, what scheme we are running, and who is the DC..

                    Live with the fact that Dawkins playing day are well into the decline and no good D would put him on the field at this point
                    Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Don't want to be 'that guy', but I truthfully don't expect much from Dawkins this upcoming season.


                      Like I even said last year: Liability in coverage.... and that was last year.

                      I still love the intensity and leadership he brings; but that only goes so far (as seen with Tebow).

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by japfaff View Post
                        Champ didn't.......DJ didn't.....So basically the guys with talent looked fine......Dawkins looked terrible and was a HUGE reason the team looked so bad cause he couldn't bring anyone down in the open field......That problem will still be there regardless of who is beside him, what scheme we are running, and who is the DC..

                        Live with the fact that Dawkins playing day are well into the decline and no good D would put him on the field at this point
                        So Dawkins has no talent? Jeez your delusional

                        Champ and DJ both had down years by their standards last year. Your just a hater, don't know why your even a Bronco fan because I have never seen you make one positive post on these boards.....
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by japfaff View Post
                          My point exactly...He is now a LB and not a S. In today NFL with all the WR and the pass first league that it has become.....He has to cover. We would be far better off if we bit the bullet and went young at the position. Sure there would be a slight drop off this season. But the experience would be invaluable to the young guy. Look we arent going to the play offs this season, everyone here knows that. So lets build up the young players that we are going to have to rely on next season when we have a strong shot at it
                          I disagree with the idea. A safety who can play close the LOS and is a good blitzer is still useful in todays NFL, especially one that has seen everything an offense can throw at a defense and get people in the right spots, make the proper adjustments, etc.

                          Quinton Carter has shown nothing he'll be any better this year as a rookie. If anything he could be a bigger liability in coverage at this point.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by japfaff View Post
                            Problem with your argument.....stats are from 2009. He is now 2 years older....Watch what he did last season, I expect a decline from that cause even if he got healthy in the off season he didn't get younger, and he looks slower this preseason than he did last off season
                            Originally posted by japfaff View Post
                            But what did I say that is so negative about Dawkins. I said he sucks in coverage. That is a fact. I said that he was older. Also a fact. I said that we would be better off going forward if Dawkins wasn't on the field so the young guys get experience....That is also a fact. Dawkins on the field offers us nothing going forward. Sure he might be a step up this season, but IMO he isn't a difference maker and even with the step down in performance it might mean 1 win this season. But either way we aren't a playoff team so is 6-10 or 7-9 that big a deal when the experience to the young guys next season would be invaluable......
                            I appreciate that you are blunt and you say what you mean, regardless of other peoples opinions. You stick with your guns and I'll give that to you.

                            But come on bud, this is a potential hall of famer, he makes a difference just by being on the field. And if the ball is anywhere near him, yeah hes a big difference maker.

                            The only plausible thing you have against him is his age and the injuries because of that, because thats the only reason he did bad last year; The Injuries. If he's healthy, then we know hes a great open field tackler. Theres miles upon miles of you tube footage showing why he got the nickname wolverine. He has hustle and he knows how to bring the hurt and the fear and the respect.

                            And when he's healthy, hes not a bad pass defender, on the contrary his first year here he was getting interceptions merely because of his veteran experience. Knowing how to be in the right spot and captilizing on forced fumbles or deflected passes, just because this guy never gives up on a play and always hustles to the ball.

                            In red zone situations, this guy is deadly. In blitzing, tackling, and as a last line of defense, just down right unfair. In leadership and tempo creator for our defense, a very much welcome boon.

                            If healthy, and thats the key here.

                            Everything else youre saying is only true because he cant stay healthy, and even then its obvious your drinking some stereotypical haterade assuming he's going to be terribad, because of what you expect out of old players.

                            I can say it all day, the eagles can give up on him, and bronco fans can give up on him, it wont matter one iota. He'll be done in the league when he feels like being done, and until he is done, he's going to earn a roster spot because of all the sheer talent and experience that he has. Decline or not.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              I don't expect much from Dawkins this year.He is an inspiration and a motivational person for our young players.I agree,he is successfull at blitzing on occasions,but my expectations on him are low as a player.He did take a pay cut for a reason.

                              For the record,i have read japfaff say positive things on our players on numerous occasions,and he will admit when he is wrong.He calls it the way he see's it imo.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by OrangeFaithful View Post
                                I appreciate that you are blunt and you say what you mean, regardless of other peoples opinions. You stick with your guns and I'll give that to you.

                                But come on bud, this is a potential hall of famer, he makes a difference just by being on the field. And if the ball is anywhere near him, yeah hes a big difference maker.

                                The only plausible thing you have against him is his age and the injuries because of that, because thats the only reason he did bad last year; The Injuries. If he's healthy, then we know hes a great open field tackler. Theres miles upon miles of you tube footage showing why he got the nickname wolverine. He has hustle and he knows how to bring the hurt and the fear and the respect.

                                And when he's healthy, hes not a bad pass defender, on the contrary his first year here he was getting interceptions merely because of his veteran experience. Knowing how to be in the right spot and captilizing on forced fumbles or deflected passes, just because this guy never gives up on a play and always hustles to the ball.

                                In red zone situations, this guy is deadly. In blitzing, tackling, and as a last line of defense, just down right unfair. In leadership and tempo creator for our defense, a very much welcome boon.

                                If healthy, and thats the key here.

                                Everything else youre saying is only true because he cant stay healthy, and even then its obvious your drinking some stereotypical haterade assuming he's going to be terribad, because of what you expect out of old players.

                                I can say it all day, the eagles can give up on him, and bronco fans can give up on him, it wont matter one iota. He'll be done in the league when he feels like being done, and until he is done, he's going to earn a roster spot because of all the sheer talent and experience that he has. Decline or not.
                                First off he isn't a HOFer, and he most likely wont make it either....But that aside. I am not taking away from Dawkins what he WAS. He was a phenomenal player.....But he is no longer that player.

                                I am also not saying that he isnt better right now than the young guy to take his place. My argument is that Dawkins is gone next year. This year there is no chance this team is a play off team. So why not get the young guys on the field and bite the bullet to start building them for when we have no choice but to play them. To me that is good business. Better to move on from a player a yer early than keep him a year to long. Besides with Dawkins as a back up he can still be a leader and a teacher for the young players...
                                Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X