John Fox best coach in division?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Fox best coach in division?

Question I have for everyone. With John Fox would you say we now have the best coach in the division? I know he hasn't coached long but you can't really tell with how the team is responding to him.

I look at the games and although we had a lot of penalties against the seahawks we look like a more disciplined team. A more focused team and the overall energy around Sports Authority seems very high.

The defense is sharp we're running the ball more effectively now and we're getting more tds in the redzone more often.

It's just little things like this but compared to the other coaches in the division how would you rank Fox?
    :go:

i still think its was too early to be saying that. its only been 3 preseason games

Comment

Originally posted by Broncoyearound View Post
      Question I have for everyone. With John Fox would you say we now have the best coach in the division? I know he hasn't coached long but you can't really tell with how the team is responding to him.

I look at the games and although we had a lot of penalties against the seahawks we look like a more disciplined team. A more focused team and the overall energy around Sports Authority seems very high.

The defense is sharp we're running the ball more effectively now and we're getting more tds in the redzone more often.

It's just little things like this but compared to the other coaches in the division how would you rank Fox?
      I don't think we'll have a good idea about that until at least the end of this season. We'll have an even better idea in a couple of years.
      Lifetime Broncos/Cowboys fan.
      sigpic

Comment

Easily.....

Norv is awful.

IMO the Chiefs would be better without Haley.

Hue is too young and inexperienced to be in the convo yet..
        sigpic

Comment

Although we hate him, Haley has been a large part of the Chefs re-emergence, he has respect from fans, and respect from his players.

He's better than Fox ATM, IMO.

If Denver has a nice season this year, though...

Comment

He's accomplished more than any other coach in the division. And that's after inheriting a 1-15 team.

I think his accomplishments speak for themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by SoundsOfSuccess View Post
              Although we hate him, Haley has been a large part of the Chefs re-emergence, he has respect from fans, and respect from his players.

He's better than Fox ATM, IMO.

If Denver has a nice season this year, though...
              I think Pioli and Romeo Crennel had more to do with it than Haley...
              sigpic

Comment

way too early to tell but the competition isn't stiff
                norv is nothing without ron rivera and phillip rivers and he lost half of that tandem.
                haley is overemotional and childish and the starting offense so far looks pathetic without weis (though it is the preseason so who really knows)
                hue jackson has the most potential of the three. Still I think Al Davis made a huge mistake (so what else is new) getting rid of tom cable. The players loved him and he had a solid season for the raiders in his last year.

Comment

Originally posted by msusc View Post
                  way too early to tell but the competition isn't stiff
                  norv is nothing without ron rivera and phillip rivers and he lost half of that tandem.
                  haley is overemotional and childish and the starting offense so far looks pathetic without weis (though it is the preseason so who really knows)
                  hue jackson has the most potential of the three. Still I think Al Davis made a huge mistake (so what else is new) getting rid of tom cable. The players loved him and he had a solid season for the raiders in his last year.
                  Yeah and now he's assistant in Seattle and coaches their Offense Line. Bet on Saturday he was probably glad he left the division
                  The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

John Fox has actually coached a team to a Superbowl and kept a team with one of the most miserly owners in the league in a relative talent vacuum reasonably competitive even though he was almost never allowed to sign FAs (did it all through the draft).

IMO, the answer is obvious. He was the best coach in the division the second he signed his contract with Denver. It has nothing to do with what he's done since he's been here.

Comment

I like the Chief's coach the best currently... just because he won major points from me by getting into it with McDaniels.
                      sigpic

For the sake of the mods, please don't report my sig anymore. They have said it does not violate the Code of Conduct. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by dizzolve View Post
                        Yeah and now he's assistant in Seattle and coaches their Offense Line. Bet on Saturday he was probably glad he left the division
                        Still should have been given one more year. In his defense he had polumbus at left tackle and carpenter at right tackle. Seahawks are going to be bad this year. Personally I loved the fact that it was tom cable's oline get destroyed by doom and miller. It made it that much better.

Comment

Todd healey for sure

Comment

I fail to see how one possibly fluky year puts him ahead of Fox who has been a good coach for the past 10 years....

How many Super Bowls have Hue Jackson, Todd Haley and Norv Turner been to as HCs? Oh yeah.....
                            sigpic

Comment

As much as it pains me to give any benefit of doubt to the Raiders, it's too early to have any balanced discussion about the "[B]est coach in [the] division" until Jackson has had some time to show what he can do. Even then, we all know that massive failure under his tenure is likely not totally his fault (if his fault at all), so that makes the discussion even more difficult.

We will pretty much have to wait for Al Davis to die and the Raiders be turned over to someone who doesn't spend most of his day wandering around in a track suit, drooling on himself, wondering if he can sign that super-fast Amtrak kid he heard about or how the Chiefs managed to get Tommy Dorsey to play football before we can really discuss this at any length.

Whew, managed to get a dig in at that creepy skeleton, negating the benefit of the doubt given at the beginning. I can sleep tonight.

Comment

Working...
                              X