No announcement yet.

John Fox best coach in division?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haley: Theres an article from PFT where a couple GM's in the NFL stated Haley knows he doesnt have much a team. Went on to say he'll get canned after the year.

Haleys a cry baby, his players hate him and he has absoluelty zero respect for his assistants. I saw Anquan Boldin 1/2 second away from putting dude in the hospital when he was in Zona. Theres video of Chief players too being held back that want to kick the dude asleep.

Go look at that video of him telling his assitant coach to "F- OFF" when the guy was talking to his player.

Dude thinks he's Parcells- it aint flying- lockeroom issues etc- he'll be canned after the year when they finish 6-10- bank it

Norv: Okay coach with some good players. Makes boneheaded decision at times, but he's a players coach, he gives all his player and assistants respect. I'm not so sure without Rivers on that team if he aint winning just 5 games a year. Rivers wins the guy 4-5 games by himself

Hue: Players coach, brought in a pretty good staff. Took the Raiders from dead last in offense to the 6th highest scoring team in the NFL- ranked their running game in the top 2 and turned their defense into a sack leading team last year.

Oaklands actually improved on offense this year, Campbells 2nd year.. They'll put up points next year, they'll be neck in neck with the Chargers for the West Crown me thinks. They'll struggle vs the pass, but they are deep at DL abd RB- they can do both those things very well and thats what wins games.

Like someone said, I wanna see how he responds to crypt man

Out of all the coaches in the AFC West

Fox- has the best resume
    Hue Jackson has the most potential

Comment

Silly secret Raiders fans.

That organization made a terrible decision in firing Cable...

Watch that team tank...

Comment

Fox is old school.

Which is perfect for rebuilding a team but worries me when modern adaptations are needed.

I like going back to a balanced pass/rush ratio, but I hope he keeps his hands off the offense aside from that.
        Last edited by Brohemoth; 08-30-2011, 01:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Brohemoth View Post
          Fox is old school.

Which is perfect for rebuilding a team but worries me when modern adaptations are needed.
          John Fox is delegating defensive Xs & Os to Dennis Allen who may turn out to be the next defensive innovator in the NFL.

Mike McCoy, schooled in WCO in Carolina plus McDaniels' spread O is now incorporating a solid and varied run game to complement a potent passing attack.

Eight assistants were retained, six came from Carolina and Allen came from New Orleans. Continuity for the O and newness for the D with Fox orchestrating. Sounds good to me.

Fox and Turner are the most experienced, Jackson the least. Who has the most FO support is debatable, but I'm guessing Fox has the most. Cable left Oakland for a number of reasons one of which was that he declined Al Davis' input on offense. If Jackson, who has never been a HC at any level, wants to be a true HC and let Saunders run the O, it could work, but I kind of doubt that will happen in view of the fact that he is the former OC.
          Last edited by samparnell; 08-30-2011, 01:58 PM.
          "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by DishWater View Post
            Silly secret Raiders fans.

That organization made a terrible decision in firing Cable...

Watch that team tank...
            Why would they tank when it's the same guy running the offense from last year and they got better players than they had last year?

Defense might give up more passing yards- They Raiders hung 100 points on our arse last year in 2 games

You seen their RB's?

Did you see that kid they drafted this year run all over the Saints?

Hey man, the Raiders led 20-17 when both the #1's of the Raiders and Saints left the field. The Saints are team projected to go to the SB and the Raiders hung right there with them and were leading with the 1st strings.

That kid Tiawan Jones looks like freking Chris Johnson and Marcus Allen all rolled up into one

Comment

Originally posted by Bobs My Uncle View Post
              Why would they tank when it's the same guy running the offense from last year and they got better players than they had last year?
              Adding better players? You mean Pryor lol?

All I see is departures.

They'll have fun getting torched by every AFC west team without Asomugha covering for Routt and Johnson. The only reason those guys still have jobs in the NFL is because Nnamdi completely shut down an entire half of the field for them.

Not to mention Campbell lost his only legitimate target in the passing game, who followed Cable to Seattle. That must suck knowing their best offensive player left a crappy team for an even crappier team...

Cable resurrected that franchise with Al Davis still croaking along and slew of crappy players, and lo and behold he gets fired.

And saying Hue has potential is like saying I have the potential to be good at water polo because I know how to swim.

No fear: The Raiders will return to their rightful place in the dregs of the division...

Comment

Originally posted by DishWater View Post
                Adding better players? You mean Pryor lol?

All I see is departures.

They'll have fun getting torched by every AFC west team without Asomugha covering for Routt and Johnson. The only reason those guys still have jobs in the NFL is because Nnamdi completely shut down an entire half of the field for them.

Not to mention Campbell lost his only legitimate target in the passing game, who followed Cable to Seattle. That must suck knowing their best offensive player left a crappy team for an even crappier team...

Cable resurrected that franchise with Al Davis still croaking along and slew of crappy players, and lo and behold he gets fired.

And saying Hue has potential is like saying I have the potential to be good at water polo because I know how to swim.

No fear: The Raiders will return to their rightful place in the dregs of the division...
                You might want to go watch that Saints game. Tnhey looked pretty potent on offense. Didnt know this till I watched the game but they picked up Derek Hagan from the Giants and he looked pretty frekin solid

They are much improved in the WR's corp than last year, that kid Moore looks pretty good, Jacoby Ford exploded last year

They are pretty good at WR's - and their RB depth is the best in the NFL, and they have a pretty good QB depth too in Boller and Edwards

I agree, they wont be as good vs the pass as last year- but dont kid yourself in thinking they cant score- they are stocked on offense

Comment

It's tough to compare Haley and Jackson to a proven, veteran coach Like Fox. Lol let's not even bring up Turner....I would at this point have to say I feel the most comfortable with him in charge out of all the AFCW coaches running the show, but it is rather difficult to say he is the "best".
                  Cannot wait for the ultimate pass rush tandem that is VonDoom! (Cue cheesy 1920's Dracula music)

Comment

I would say nope. Norv Turner is a notch above Fox.

Comment

AFC West Head Coaches

As previously mentioned, John Fox is the only AFC West HC who comes from a defensive background the others having been and acting as OCs. That is actually rare in Denver Bronco History. Before John Fox the only defensive HCs were Wade Phillips and Lou Saban, as far as I know. Speedie and Filchock were offensive guys; I'd have to check on the other pre-Saban coaches.

Defensive coaches usually know more offense than offensive coaches because they study all of them in detail. Offensive coaches usually stick with the system they like and morph/adapt as they go along.

DCs study all the formations and all plays run from those formations in extreme detail and classify them by D & D, FP, hashmark, personnel, etc. In order to prepare their D, they must draw all of these plays on cards for scout team.

OCs, on the other hand, only have alignments and coverages which are disguised at the pro level. NFL OCs study as much film on an opposing D as possible, but it doesn't paint nearly as clear a picture as what the DCs study. Scout team D would be very basic.

As a defense oriented coach, John Fox has a leg up on the other AFC West HCs because he understands his own offense better than the other guys understand their own D. He is in a perfect position to be a true HC in overseer mode having delegated primary responsibility to his coordinators. Not having to send in plays or call the D during the game gives him the advantage of having a clear view of the whole game from the sideline.

IMO John Fox will be the least stressed having a supportive FO and not having to call O, D & ST from the sideline. He will be able to maintain his energy level and focus on the whole team.

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                        John Fox is delegating defensive Xs & Os to Dennis Allen who may turn out to be the next defensive innovator in the NFL.

Mike McCoy, schooled in WCO in Carolina plus McDaniels' spread O is now incorporating a solid and varied run game to complement a potent passing attack.

Eight assistants were retained, six came from Carolina and Allen came from New Orleans. Continuity for the O and newness for the D with Fox orchestrating. Sounds good to me.

Fox and Turner are the most experienced, Jackson the least. Who has the most FO support is debatable, but I'm guessing Fox has the most. Cable left Oakland for a number of reasons one of which was that he declined Al Davis' input on offense. If Jackson, who has never been a HC at any level, wants to be a true HC and let Saunders run the O, it could work, but I kind of doubt that will happen in view of the fact that he is the former OC.
                        That's what I'm hoping.

We'll see in the regular season.

Comment

I am telling you guys you really shouldn't get to excited about Fox...he doesn't know what an offense looks like.

Comment

You should ...

Originally posted by dadx4 View Post
                            I am telling you guys you really shouldn't get to excited about Fox...he doesn't know what an offense looks like.
                            ... try your hand at coaching and calling defense sometime, Bro. Defensive coaches are true students of offense. John Fox has forgotten more football than everyone here combined knows.

Comment

Working...
                            X