Julius Thomas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Julius Thomas

When we drafted him, I had a good feeling about him. I mean damn, his name even sounds awesome lol. It's got star appeal.

He seems to be coming along very well, and will be a beast for years to come IMO.

Thoughts?

He is gonna be great. Just needs to work on his blocking. I think thats the main reason he is losing reps to Fells.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarheel23 View Post
      He is gonna be great. Just needs to work on his blocking. I think thats the main reason he is losing reps to Fells.

Yea that was my thoughts too, that'll come with time and training. We got a good tight ends coach. This kid's sky is the limit.

Comment

Originally posted by gary.busey View Post
        Yea that was my thoughts too, that'll come with time and training. We got a good tight ends coach. This kid's sky is the limit.
        I'm glad we moved Barone back to TEs, I didn't think much of his line coaching last year (that said, it wasn't as bad as the TE coaching last year...).

Julius needs to learn how to block - that'll limit his snaps this year. I think the initial plan was to use him and Quinn mostly as the inline TEs and Fells at inline/FB. However, with Quinn's release and Fells taking the inline spot, I think they're being more creative with Julius - I noticed him being moved around the formation a lot, he should be able to create a lot of mismatches that way. I hope his blocking catches up, it's clear that he's a natural receiver though. I'm hoping that he can become everything that we hoped Scheffler would become - he certainly seems like a very hard worker.
        sigpic

Elvon Millervil eat grues for breakfast.

Pey-Pey to Bey-Bey for the Tey-Dey.

Comment

I was really intrigued watching him during the combine. He looked a lot better than most of the supposed top level TE's that'd been playing football for years. He showed soft hands, a natural athletic position, and had good size and speed. I was pumped when we drafted him.

Comment

He looked great going down the seam against the Seahawks. We have good depth at TE this year. I hope Virgil Green isn't a cap casualty.
            sigpic
            Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

How can you not love a guy with such a great built-in nickname as Orange Julius? Hope this kid lights it up.

"When an honest man discovers he is mistaken, he will either cease being mistaken, or cease being honest." -anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by gary.busey View Post
                Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't barone also the TE coach for the chargers (the one responsible for Antonio Gates?) If so he couldn't be in better hands and as was stated below who couldn't love a guy you could call orange julius?
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                  Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't barone also the TE coach for the chargers (the one responsible for Antonio Gates?) If so he couldn't be in better hands and as was stated below who couldn't love a guy you could call orange julius?
                  yes he was
                  I heard he was real big on Thomas and wanted the Broncos to get him after they had a meeting together after the combine

Comment

Im saying it...Thomas will be like Gates in a few years

Comment

Originally posted by Br0nc0Buster View Post
                      yes he was
                      I heard he was real big on Thomas and wanted the Broncos to get him after they had a meeting together after the combine
                      haha GATES 2.0

alot of people were sayin he was a project because of his limited football experience.

but since he b-ball'd they said that most bball to football players transition pretty well.

seems to be shaping out quite nicely. i can't wait for him to be beastin it

Comment

I have extremely high hopes for Julius. I look forward to buying an orange #80 Thomas jersey before the season is over. ASAP actually, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by broncosdude88 View Post
                          Im saying it...Thomas will be like Gates in a few years
                          I agree, and what's great about that is gates will be gone or in decline and so the chargers will have nothing and we'll be the one with the star TE
                          sigpic

Comment

Maybe we need to make him block Doom for now on in practice lol.

Comment

Was the only TE I really wanted because I Thougjt we could draft him at a reasonable position, which is exactly what happened. Very excited about him
                              sigpic
                              "I'm scared if I stop all at once, the cumulative hangover will literally kill me."

Comment

Working...
                              X