Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'Tebow's adoring fans leave destruction in their wake.(Article)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Tebow's adoring fans leave destruction in their wake.(Article)

http://www.cbssports.com/#!/nfl/stor...-in-their-wake

Tim Tebow is a chemistry killer, a cancer, on an NFL team. And it's not his fault. Honest to God, it's not.

But it's the truth. Tim Tebow on your football team is a killer, something that goes way beyond distraction and shifts into disruption, or even destruction.

Because the thing is, fans love Tebow -- and not just in the way that fans typically love the backup quarterback. Fans love Tebow not because he's the backup quarterback, because his faults have yet to be exposed as clearly as the starter's faults have been exposed. I mean, they love him for that, yes. But they love him for more than that.
    More on Denver Broncos

Broncos fans quickly call for Tebow
    Recap: Raiders 23, Broncos 20
    Lack of running game grounds Broncos
    RapidReports: Denver Broncos

NFL coverage on the go

On iTunes | Subscribe to newsletter

They love him because he's Tebow. The All-American boy. The Christian. The WASPiest WASP in this great big WASP nest we call America.

And because they love him in Denver, they hate Kyle Orton. They boo Orton even as he's throwing for 304 yards -- yes, he had a bad fumble -- but not just because Denver is losing. They boo Orton because he's not Tim Tebow.

And mind you, this would happen in any NFL city where Tebow was the backup quarterback. Well, almost any city. It wouldn't happen in New England or New Orleans or San Diego. It wouldn't happen in Green Bay or Atlanta. It might happen in Philadelphia, but probably not. Because Michael Vick is that good, just as Tom Brady and Drew Brees and Philip Rivers and Aaron Rodgers and Matt Ryan are that good. They are so good, they can withstand the cancer that is Tim Tebow.

And it's not Tebow's fault. I can't stress that enough. He doesn't go around undermining the starting quarterback, whoever it is. He doesn't curry favor in the locker room or kiss up to the coach or clamor for attention from fans. He doesn't do any of that. He just does his job, does his practice reps, does his media obligations. That's all he does.

It's the fans who do the rest.

This is your fault, Denver fans.

But again, this would have happened in about 20 other NFL cities, in cities where the starting quarterback isn't a potential MVP candidate. This could have been you, Dallas. It could have been you, Chicago. It definitely would have been Cincinnati and Jacksonville and Miami and Kansas City and Buffalo and Seattle and Minnesota. And San Francisco and Chicago and Cleveland and Denver.

Oh, right. It is happening in Denver. This is your fault, you fans. You lemmings. You blind followers of a man who is no prophet or NFL-quality starting quarterback.

You love Tebow so much, you're killing your football team. Nice job. Well done. Shortsighted much?

Fans in Denver want Tebow to replace Kyle Orton, and they want it so badly that they've spooked Orton and ticked off the rest of the Broncos' locker room. You do remember that quote from receiver Brandon Lloyd about "the Tebow thing," right? Lloyd said that in the preseason because the hysterical shrieking was reaching a fever pitch. Denver fans wanted Tebow. They congregated wherever the out-of-touch congregate -- on talk radio and on fan websites -- and they made their voice heard. It was heard all the way in the Broncos' locker room, where Lloyd, a receiver of all things, felt the need to lament "the Tebow thing."

Translation: These stupid fans want us to play an unready guy at the most vital position on the field, simply because they love the way he lives his life.

By the fourth quarter of the season opener, Denver fans were booing Orton and chanting Tebow's name, and never mind that Tebow isn't even the backup in Denver. That would be Brady Quinn, which ought to serve as a lesson all by itself:

Tim Tebow can't even beat out Brady Quinn.

Do you know anything about football, Broncos fans?

Apparently not, and you know even less about human nature, because all of this Tebow talk is killing your team. You have Orton being quoted during preseason that he doesn't care what the fans think, a sensible train of thought for an unappreciated quarterback but a stupid thing to say for public consumption. You have coach John Fox being quoted this week that he didn't hear the fans clamoring for Tebow on Monday, and even going a step farther and saying the atmosphere was the best he'd ever seen in his 23 years as an NFL coach. That was a blatant lie, one I can't believe Fox told with a straight face, but he's playing to his audience. He knows Broncos fans can't handle or even digest the truth. They want to be lied to, whether it's Fox telling them they were great on Monday or whether it's their own heart telling them Tim Tebow would help the team win games.

He wouldn't, or he'd be starting over Kyle Orton. Don't you get that, Denver fans? As bad as Kyle Orton may be, as bad as Brady Quinn definitely is, Tim Tebow is worse.

But still they're clamoring for him in Denver, blind to the fact that they aren't wreaking change. They are wreaking destruction.

-------

Exactly how I feel regarding this whole situation. I don't dislike Tebow or think he has done anything wrong. I dislike the circus he brings and what he has done to this fan base.

*Do not delete or merge this please. It brings up new subject matter to the Drama that Tebow brings. We are not talking about the talent of Orton or Tebow but rather what he has done to our fan base.

Thanks, JW7
    sigpic

Tebow is worse?

A Modern Day Cinderella Story: starring Tebow and Elway

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Orton has had 7 turnovers in his last 3 games.

Ratings of

Where is the stability in sacks inside the 5, fumbles on crucial drives, ints, balls thrown in the grass at the feet of receivers, locking onto receivers while others are wide open... If anything needs to be tweaked due to being weak it is this.

Tebow had a nearly 3 TDs and 300 yard average in his first three starts as a rookie, his last 3 games.

How does that make Tebow worst?

Comment

It's not Tim Tebow (or really so much his fans though there are a few zelots out there) that are the issue...It's the news media that insists on spending so much of their time talking about and debating the fate of a 2nd (or 3rd depending on who you talk to) string QB. So many direct their hate at the tebow fans for the fact that it's all anyone ever talks about but if you want to blame someone blame the media who contiues to talk about something that at this point isn't that intresting.

Comment

Pretty accurate.

Comment

Almost everything non-Bronco related involving Tebow annoys me. So what would the author say then?

Comment

Originally posted by Jagsbch View Post
            Tebow is worse?

A Modern Day Cinderella Story: starring Tebow and Elway

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Orton has had 7 turnovers in his last 3 games.

Ratings of

Where is the stability in sacks inside the 5, fumbles on crucial drives, ints, balls thrown in the grass at the feet of receivers, locking onto receivers while others are wide open... If anything needs to be tweaked due to being weak it is this.

Tebow had a nearly 3 TDs and 300 yard average in his first three starts as a rookie, his last 3 games.

How does that make Tebow worst?
            In case you missed it:

Originally posted by JW7 View Post
            We are not talking about the talent of Orton or Tebow but rather what he has done to our fan base.
            Thanks
            sigpic

Comment

The author of this article is a DS. I would have boo'd Orton and called for Adam Weber if he was the only choice. Any one is better than Orton at this point and you might as well see what you have in Tebow before next years draft. So if Orton continues to lose, no reason why Tebow shouldn't come in.
              sigpic

Defense wins championships

Comment

Originally posted by JW7 View Post
                http://www.cbssports.com/#!/nfl/stor...-in-their-wake

Tim Tebow is a chemistry killer, a cancer, on an NFL team. And it's not his fault. Honest to God, it's not.

But it's the truth. Tim Tebow on your football team is a killer, something that goes way beyond distraction and shifts into disruption, or even destruction.

Because the thing is, fans love Tebow -- and not just in the way that fans typically love the backup quarterback. Fans love Tebow not because he's the backup quarterback, because his faults have yet to be exposed as clearly as the starter's faults have been exposed. I mean, they love him for that, yes. But they love him for more than that.
                More on Denver Broncos

Broncos fans quickly call for Tebow
                Recap: Raiders 23, Broncos 20
                Lack of running game grounds Broncos
                RapidReports: Denver Broncos

NFL coverage on the go

On iTunes | Subscribe to newsletter

They love him because he's Tebow. The All-American boy. The Christian. The WASPiest WASP in this great big WASP nest we call America.

And because they love him in Denver, they hate Kyle Orton. They boo Orton even as he's throwing for 304 yards -- yes, he had a bad fumble -- but not just because Denver is losing. They boo Orton because he's not Tim Tebow.

And mind you, this would happen in any NFL city where Tebow was the backup quarterback. Well, almost any city. It wouldn't happen in New England or New Orleans or San Diego. It wouldn't happen in Green Bay or Atlanta. It might happen in Philadelphia, but probably not. Because Michael Vick is that good, just as Tom Brady and Drew Brees and Philip Rivers and Aaron Rodgers and Matt Ryan are that good. They are so good, they can withstand the cancer that is Tim Tebow.

And it's not Tebow's fault. I can't stress that enough. He doesn't go around undermining the starting quarterback, whoever it is. He doesn't curry favor in the locker room or kiss up to the coach or clamor for attention from fans. He doesn't do any of that. He just does his job, does his practice reps, does his media obligations. That's all he does.

It's the fans who do the rest.

This is your fault, Denver fans.

But again, this would have happened in about 20 other NFL cities, in cities where the starting quarterback isn't a potential MVP candidate. This could have been you, Dallas. It could have been you, Chicago. It definitely would have been Cincinnati and Jacksonville and Miami and Kansas City and Buffalo and Seattle and Minnesota. And San Francisco and Chicago and Cleveland and Denver.

Oh, right. It is happening in Denver. This is your fault, you fans. You lemmings. You blind followers of a man who is no prophet or NFL-quality starting quarterback.

You love Tebow so much, you're killing your football team. Nice job. Well done. Shortsighted much?

Fans in Denver want Tebow to replace Kyle Orton, and they want it so badly that they've spooked Orton and ticked off the rest of the Broncos' locker room. You do remember that quote from receiver Brandon Lloyd about "the Tebow thing," right? Lloyd said that in the preseason because the hysterical shrieking was reaching a fever pitch. Denver fans wanted Tebow. They congregated wherever the out-of-touch congregate -- on talk radio and on fan websites -- and they made their voice heard. It was heard all the way in the Broncos' locker room, where Lloyd, a receiver of all things, felt the need to lament "the Tebow thing."

Translation: These stupid fans want us to play an unready guy at the most vital position on the field, simply because they love the way he lives his life.

By the fourth quarter of the season opener, Denver fans were booing Orton and chanting Tebow's name, and never mind that Tebow isn't even the backup in Denver. That would be Brady Quinn, which ought to serve as a lesson all by itself:

Tim Tebow can't even beat out Brady Quinn.

Do you know anything about football, Broncos fans?

Apparently not, and you know even less about human nature, because all of this Tebow talk is killing your team. You have Orton being quoted during preseason that he doesn't care what the fans think, a sensible train of thought for an unappreciated quarterback but a stupid thing to say for public consumption. You have coach John Fox being quoted this week that he didn't hear the fans clamoring for Tebow on Monday, and even going a step farther and saying the atmosphere was the best he'd ever seen in his 23 years as an NFL coach. That was a blatant lie, one I can't believe Fox told with a straight face, but he's playing to his audience. He knows Broncos fans can't handle or even digest the truth. They want to be lied to, whether it's Fox telling them they were great on Monday or whether it's their own heart telling them Tim Tebow would help the team win games.

He wouldn't, or he'd be starting over Kyle Orton. Don't you get that, Denver fans? As bad as Kyle Orton may be, as bad as Brady Quinn definitely is, Tim Tebow is worse.

But still they're clamoring for him in Denver, blind to the fact that they aren't wreaking change. They are wreaking destruction.

-------

Exactly how I feel regarding this whole situation. I don't dislike Tebow or think he has done anything wrong. I dislike the circus he brings and what he has done to this fan base.

*Do not delete or merge this please. It brings up new subject matter to the Drama that Tebow brings. We are not talking about the talent of Orton or Tebow but rather what he has done to our fan base.

Thanks, JW7
                Like Kyle said, Fans don't make Decisions

Like Fans Say, We don't PLay the Games

Kyle loses games, not the fans..... we just demand better
                A super bowl victory is the only thing that matters in a season. So to show improvement you have to get closer than we were last year. So the AFCC game is a good answer if we only match what we did last year it is a failure. The Giants were 9-7 and won it all so record or first round bye mean nothing unless you win it all-

#87Birdman wrote it- adding Manning, the Broncos should be held to it, and certain posters think otherwise and we know who you are.....

Comment

Here is your answer. Play him. If he sucks as bad as ESPN wants him to, the crowd will finally shut up. If he progresses through the season and looks good (like he did last year) you have your future QB in the making.

Well I guess its elway and fox's fault too. They tried to trade Orton before the season. Why do they have to be so divisive? Why?

Comment

This is a dumb article. I have been a fan since 78. I dont have any bias towards tebow. But i am screaming for him to start because the guy starting is not good IMO. Everyone says after ONE game. It is more than one game. It's Orton's career. He hasnt been the type of player I would like to see at QB. I dont know if Tebow is the answer but Know Orton is not

Comment

Kyle Orton's bumbling, fumbling play at the QB position in critical downs/distances is the real cancer that is responsible for the reaction.

So, now there is an article that wants to lash out at the fanatical people, a.k.a. "fans", who are tired of buying the same defective product every week and are voicing their opinion? It's the fans fault? Spin much?

Lets try to stay on point here and realize that NOT 1 SINGLE FAN IS THE PROBLEM FOR THE BRONCO ORGANIZATION. This has nothing to do with fans & everything to do with position play at the most crucial "clutch" position in all sports.
                      Last edited by Southtown; 09-14-2011, 08:55 AM.

Comment

People call for Tebow, because Orton hasnt produced Wins. Orton is 5-18 in his last 23 games, (since starting 6-0)

Orton had the chance to quiet Tebowmania on Monday night. What did Orton do? Lead the offense to 2 FGs in the first 56.5 minutes, then followed up with the usual garbage time Touchdown.

And the media wonders why the fans are clamoring for their first round QB to be put in the games?

Comment

Originally posted by bleedbluorange View Post
                          This is a dumb article. I have been a fan since 78. I dont have any bias towards tebow. But i am screaming for him to start because the guy starting is not good IMO. Everyone says after ONE game. It is more than one game. It's Orton's career. He hasnt been the type of player I would like to see at QB. I dont know if Tebow is the answer but Know Orton is not
                          These article writers are idiots. Agreed. They assume that every person who wants tebow to start is either a gator fan or some know-nothing fan. I will put my football knowledge up against the writer of this article any day. Lets go. I have coached, I have played, I have watched football for about 25 years of my life and I love it.

I know a crap QB who cant get it done when I see one. Orton's career has been long enough to make a fair evaluation.

Comment

Originally posted by fightinglee View Post
                            These article writers are idiots. Agreed. They assume that every person who wants tebow to start is either a gator fan or some know-nothing fan. I will put my football knowledge up against the writer of this article any day. Lets go. I have coached, I have played, I have watched football for about 25 years of my life and I love it.

I know a crap QB who cant get it done when I see one. Orton's career has been long enough to make a fair evaluation.
                            Good for you. Now go coach the Broncos.
                            Kenny McKinley: Eleven Forever.
                            sigpic

Comment

This isnt true lol

You wouldnt see people screaming for him to start if we had Matt Ryan, rodgers, rivers brady brees manning's and more...

But we have Orton. That is why people scream for him to start. Everyone is as anxious for Tebow as they are sick of Orton.

Comment

Working...
                              X