Fox vs. McDaniels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fox vs. McDaniels

Why was Josh getting so much support in his first year? John is a more experienced coach. However the fans are far less patient with him?

When you come in with such a horrible record from the year before, people start from a standpoint of being skeptical. We took the one coach with a worse record than what we already had and were told to believe. Well, that's harder to do with that as your starting point. McD was much more of an unknown and started with more optimism.

The same is largely true of the Orton and Tebow situation. Orton-led Broncos stunk it up last season. So when they start by stinking it up to begin this season, people are quick to pounce. They feel like they know what to expect. If you put Tebow in, people would have much more optimism and patience. It's just the way things work both in and outside of football.
    sigpic

For the sake of the mods, please don't report my sig anymore. They have said it does not violate the Code of Conduct. Thanks!

Comment

That makes sense; however, McDaniels vs. Fox = Joe Ellis vs. John Elway? Essentially the fans are less respectable to Elway since he brought in Fox?

Comment

I dont think tat people arent supporting Fox...I think they just hate Orton......I think if we go 0-16 most would still be behind Fox.....
        Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

Comment

McDanies=Nothing Without Bill Belichek

Fox= a stuborn ass who refuse to change no matter how much his currant plan sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Soulfire View Post
            When you come in with such a horrible record from the year before, people start from a standpoint of being skeptical. We took the one coach with a worse record than what we already had and were told to believe. Well, that's harder to do with that as your starting point. McD was much more of an unknown and started with more optimism.

The same is largely true of the Orton and Tebow situation. Orton-led Broncos stunk it up last season. So when they start by stinking it up to begin this season, people are quick to pounce. They feel like they know what to expect. If you put Tebow in, people would have much more optimism and patience. It's just the way things work both in and outside of football.
            I personally give Fox little to no blame for Carolina's season last year. The owner flat out told him that unless the team is really good he is gone. Fox put together good teams with no help from ownership for years there.

Fox is a tough dude, he won't cave in to pressure. I don't understand the hate for him. He is currently rebuilding this team to be a perennial contender.

Something to keep in mind folks....

Carolina's season before Fox took over: 1-15

Carolina's first season under Fox: 7-9

2nd Season under Fox: 11-5 went to the Super Bowl

Rome isn't built in a day and I think Fox can turn us around much like he did in Carolina..
            sigpic

Comment

Who knows? I think Fox and Company are doing a great job....MOSTLY.

I'm pro Tebow too, so............

For year one of the rebuild, not to shabby.

I think you have to look at common denominators in figuring out where the problems are. This is still bad but, this got better....Though this changed that hasn't.
              I hate the Defenseless Receiver rule and the fines. Posted since '07. 2011 rule addition :nono: backhand a fool!

Comment

It was obvious to me McD was a poor leader of men before he even coached in preseason.

While Fox has some bad reputations and I totally do not understand why he is starting Orton I support Fox.
                Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

A lot of people were hoping McD was a great coach just entering his prime. Meanwhile many people question if the game has passed Fox by.

Comment

I would say I'm more frustrated with where Ellis and Bowlen are taking the franchise. We've got a fanbase with wine taste and a front office on a beer budget.
                    sigpic
                    Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post

I totally do not understand why he is starting Orton I support Fox.
                      Same here .. I believe the plan is to draft a QB but also in the short term repair the roster as well ...

I believe that Tebow was not is not part of the plan ....

That don't mean I agree or think Orton should be starting ... I just think Elway and Co believed going in that Tebow was not going to be their man ...Also that's not meaning lose all the games and draft Luck either ...

I believe the idea is something we're all aware of and that is start the vet and try to win some ball games.. I have a hard time believing though them not foreseeing the Tebow uproar just by understanding that Orton was going to be the starter ...

Just looking at Fox's track record with QB's

Rodney Peete
                      Jake Delhomme
                      Jimmy Clausen
                      Kyle Orton
                      :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo:

Comment

Originally posted by LarryDean View Post
                        Same here .. I believe the plan is to draft a QB but also in the short term repair the roster as well ...

I believe that Tebow was not is not part of the plan ....

That don't mean I agree or think Orton should be starting ... I just think the Elway and Co believed going in that Tebow was not going to be their man ...Also that not meaning lose all the games and draft Luck either ...

I believe the idea is something we're all aware of and that is start the vet and try to win some ball games.. I have a hard time believing though them not foreseeing the Tebow uproar just by understanding that Orton was going to be the starter ...

Just looking at Fox's track record with QB's

Rodney Peete
                        Jake Delhomme
                        Jimmy Clausen
                        Kyle Orton
                        Woody Paige seemed to suggest indirecly that Fox has told him off the record he doesn't like Tebow or think he'll be a good QB. He also went on to say that Fox told him when he was a DB coach on the same team Steve Young was on back when he first came in the league that he didn't think SY would be a starting QB in the NFL. I get the impression that none of EFX like Tebow as a QB.

What really concerns me is that he will end up playing somewhere that reminds us of our fiscal ineptitude. I think Fox is a good players coach, but there is nothing in his resume that tells me he knows anymore about analyzing the potential of a QB then, well, I think I'll be nice, and leave it at that.
                        sigpic
                        Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

The only reason people are against Fox is because of the QB he has chosen.
                          sigpic
                          Sig by Blondie79

Comment

i feel john fox would have been a great hire when we hired JMD. we needed a defense and he would have provided one. in carolina that was his down fall. and we may need a few more upgrade on the Offense, which scares me. but i trust him on the defense, minus he needs to address the defensive tackle postion
                            sigpic
                            oakland raders gm
                            latavis murray trade bait

Comment

Originally posted by JaysusCutler View Post
                              The only reason people are against Fox is because of the QB he has chosen.
                              You mean McD chose a different starting QB???

Comment

Working...
                              X