Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Were you patted down entering the game Monday night?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Were you patted down entering the game Monday night?

I just saw a story on Fox31 here in Denver about how someone brought a Tazer into the Jets/Cowboys game. Because of this incident, they tested it here Monday Night. They showed Heidi Hemmat, one of their reporters, going in with a fake gun strapped to her ankle Monday night.

She went right thru.

I was patted down pretty good and noticed the increase. They checked my ankles, and even my hat. The guy asked me to take my little camera out of my pocket, and was pretty thorough.

I went in very early though, and there was no line. He had lots of time to check me out very well. (He's obviously new, lol.)

The story went on to talk about how security will increase, and pat downs will now be more thorough.

Were you patted down? Could you have brought something like a gun in?

Last edited by JWinn; 09-16-2011, 12:33 AM. Reason: To make it more clear and avoid confusion.

Heidi Hemmat - Raider fan confirmed

Yes. I was patted down quite well. Ankles, waist, inner thigh, and under arms.

Comment

not to your extent at all

Did the typical brush over shoulders, under arms, over sides

no ankles, nothing below waist for that matter

had a jacket around my waist but they never checked that
      but its possible I could of fit something in the back of my shorts under my jacket and would of got through

surprised they didnt check me more thoroughly though as I was walking in with a group of Raider fans(Im not one though obviously)

Comment

Yep - Everything except the jewels
        Go Broncos!!!

Comment

Let me also ask....

When did you go in?

I went out before the pre-game ceremony, and looked down on Gate 10. It looked like a million people in line awaiting the pat down.

It would have taken forever to give everyone of them the same pat down I got.

Comment

The way things are these days, with major events on the target list, I'm surprised this type of thing doesn't occur every game day.

Not to sound drastic or put fear in anyone, but mass gatherings of people are an easy target and focus on causing chaos and mass death rates.

That is what terrorism is all about and it's sad we live in a world like that now. How better for a marksman to make an impact in front of a world wide audience to prove their point.

Just sayin'
            :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JWinn View Post
              Let me also ask....

When did you go in?

I went out before the pre-game ceremony, and looked down on Gate 10. It looked like a million people in line awaiting the pat down.

It would have taken forever to give everyone of them the same pat down I got.

went in about 7:30 ish, and yea there were a ton of people lined up
              perhaps explains why my pat down was not as "invasive" as yours

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69 View Post
                The way things are these days, with major events on the target list, I'm surprised this type of thing doesn't occur every game day.

Not to sound drastic or put fear in anyone, but mass gatherings of people are an easy target and focus on causing chaos and mass death rates.

That is what terrorism is all about and it's sad we live in a world like that now. How better for a marksman to make an impact in front of a world wide audience to prove their point.

Just sayin'
                you should be a motivational speaker

seriously though I think its about living your life and not worrying about all the negative consequences
                you could get hit by a bus on the way to work, no point in fretting over things you cant control

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69 View Post

Just sayin'
                  Ya know, I have never really been concerned at a Bronco game. Of course, I stand near a bunch of cops.

Not since 9/11 at least.

I thought what a target we would have made the night before, on national TV.

We get lots of fights at games like Monday Night. The Raider game is always the worst according to those cops. But they have never told me about anything like a Tazer. Mostly people who have too much to drink getting in fights.

And NEVER anything regarding a gun. I suppose it's only a matter of time though.......

Comment

At the Seahawks preseason game me and my brother were asked to remove our hats and show the inside. Then we were patted down.

So if you wanted a time frame, they have been patting down for awhile. If I am not mistaking all sporting events (and large events concerts ect.) were required to seriously bump up security after 9/11.
                    sigpic
                    MILE HIGH MAGIC HAPPENS IN ORANGE!

2011 Adopt a Bronco: The Beast off the Bench Adam Weber!!!

Originally posted by Jay3
                    Yes. For two Super Bowls I would be willing to carpet bomb Canada.

Comment

I just saw a story on Fox31 here in Denver about how someone brought a Tazer into the Jets/Cowboys game. They went on to show Heidi Hemmat, one of their reporters going in with a fake gun strapped to her ankle Monday night.

She went right thru.

Awesome. So just so some reporter could make a story 74,000 fans have to go through increased security and waste our time. I mean how many people have been shot at a football game? I'm pretty sure statistically you'd have a better chance of getting shot in your own home (no I'm not going to look up the stats). The reason no one does this is all but the insane realize they would never 'escape' without being caught.

Comment

Originally posted by EFX View Post
                        Awesome. So just so some reporter could make a story 74,000 fans have to go through increased security and waste our time. I mean how many people have been shot at a football game? I'm pretty sure statistically you'd have a better chance of getting shot in your own home (no I'm not going to look up the stats). The reason no one does this is all but the insane realize they would never 'escape' without being caught.
                        How did you get that is was because of the reporter?

The new pat down rule is league wide according to the story in response to the incident at the Jets/Cowboys game. It seems to have started Monday Night. She was testing it.

Were you patted down?

Comment

Originally posted by aaron.moberg View Post
                          At the Seahawks preseason game me and my brother were asked to remove our hats and show the inside. Then we were patted down.

So if you wanted a time frame, they have been patting down for awhile. If I am not mistaking all sporting events (and large events concerts ect.) were required to seriously bump up security after 9/11.
                          Correct!

Pat downs began the very next game. But they were usually minor. I have had a few guys take their job extremely serious over the years though.

Was your pat down very thorough? Mine wasn't for that game, but it was Monday Night.

Although I am not sure if it was the same guy. As I said, some are more serious about than others.

Comment

How did you get that is was because of the reporter?

The new pat down rule is league wide according to the story in response to the incident at the Jets/Cowboys game. It seems to have started Monday Night. She was testing it.

Were you patted down?

No. And I got that that the pat downs will be more thorough as a result of the report on lax security because your post led me to believe that:
                            They went on to show Heidi Hemmat, one of their reporters going in with a fake gun strapped to her ankle Monday night.

She went right thru........

The story went on to talk about how security will increase, and pat downs will now be more thorough.

Comment

Originally posted by EFX View Post
                              No. And I got that that the pat downs will be more thorough as a result of the report on lax security because your post led me to believe that:
                              You did not get patted down at all?

Comment

Working...
                              X