Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Were you patted down entering the game Monday night?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JWinn View Post
    You did not get patted down at all?

Nope

10 char

Comment

Originally posted by EFX View Post
      Nope

10 char
      Someone did not do their job at all.

Kinda makes it all a waste when one is not doing it.

What gate did you go thru?

Comment

I mean I don't want to get anyone in trouble. The truth is if people want to bring things in they will. 74,000 people, it's not that hard to find a way. The 'underwear bomber' is a perfect example. My other point would be that you can't do a proper pat down on 74,000 people. It would take forever. There are going to be 'areas' where they won't touch people (and people won't let them touch), and you could still sneak something in.

Comment

Originally posted by EFX View Post
          I mean I don't want to get anyone in trouble. The truth is if people want to bring things in they will. 74,000 people, it's not that hard to find a way. The 'underwear bomber' is a perfect example. My other point would be that you can't do a proper pat down on 74,000 people. It would take forever. There are going to be 'areas' where they won't touch people (and people won't let them touch), and you could still sneak something in.
          No doubt. I agree.

But my point still stands. If one is not doing the job at all, then the whole pat down thing is a complete waste of everyone's time, and the teams money.

I am just curious what gate does not pat down. Nobody is going to get into any trouble, lol.

When I looked down on gate 10, which was about 7:40 or so, like I said before, there were tons of people there. If they gave them all the same treatment I got, some of them would still be there.

Comment

I just saw a story on Fox31 here in Denver about how someone brought a Tazer into the Jets/Cowboys game. They went on to show Heidi Hemmat, one of their reporters going in with a fake gun strapped to her ankle Monday night.

She went right thru.

I was patted down pretty good and noticed the increase. They checked my ankles, and even my hat. The guy asked me to take my little camera out of my pocket, and was pretty thorough.

I went in very early though, and there was no line. He had lots of time to check me out very well. (He's obviously new, lol.)

The story went on to talk about how security will increase, and pat downs will now be more thorough.

Were you patted down? Could you have brought something like a gun in?

I was patted down fairly well. The only things I had on me other than clothes were my wallet, a couple bottles of water, a small set of binoculars and a belt clip radio that I always take to games so I can check in with the broadcast for things I can't see, injury reports, etc.

No, I honestly don't think I could have stashed a pistol anywhere and snuck it in.

However, late in the year in bad weather games? Maybe, with all the winter clothing on.

edit - went through gate 9 at about 7:40. There was a pretty good line. But it was slow moving. Made small talk with a guy in line wearing a tatum bell jersey. We both commented on how much slower than usual the line was moving.
            Last edited by MH Stampede; 09-15-2011, 11:12 PM.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MH Stampede View Post
              I was patted down fairly well. The only things I had on me other than clothes were my wallet, a couple bottles of water, a small set of binoculars and a belt clip radio that I always take to games so I can check in with the broadcast for things I can't see, injury reports, etc.

No, I honestly don't think I could have stashed a pistol anywhere and snuck it in.

However, late in the year in bad weather games? Maybe, with all the winter clothing on.
              The radio!

That reminds me! The guy looked at my Fanvision and wanted to know exactly what it was, and why I had it! He started to peel off the protective cover it came with, with the big on it when the girl next to him told him it was OK to bring in.

Like I can use it anywhere else.

Definitely a new guy.

Comment

Originally posted by MH Stampede View Post

edit - went through gate 9 at about 7:40. There was a pretty good line. But it was slow moving. Made small talk with a guy in line wearing a tatum bell jersey. We both commented on how much slower than usual the line was moving.
                It will be really interesting to see how they handle the winter games. That is a really good point. Even if they do firsk you won't be able to feel much under 4 layers.

Comment

Some random dude came and started padding me down... odd thing was we were just in the parking lot...

It was very long and invasive... it took him like 15 minutes to search me..

Uncomfortable...

whats up with that?

Comment

Correct!

Pat downs began the very next game. But they were usually minor. I have had a few guys take their job extremely serious over the years though.

Was your pat down very thorough? Mine wasn't for that game, but it was Monday Night.

Although I am not sure if it was the same guy. As I said, some are more serious about than others.

Yeah, I remember reading a bunch of articles about it.

No mine was pretty low key. Just "take off your hat and show me the inside." And then they just did a quick pat in the obvious areas. sides, pants, back, front. Nothing bad.
                    sigpic
                    MILE HIGH MAGIC HAPPENS IN ORANGE!

2011 Adopt a Bronco: The Beast off the Bench Adam Weber!!!

Originally posted by Jay3
                    Yes. For two Super Bowls I would be willing to carpet bomb Canada.

Comment

Originally posted by aaron.moberg View Post
                      Yeah, I remember reading a bunch of articles about it.

No mine was pretty low key. Just "take off your hat and show me the inside." And then they just did a quick pat in the obvious areas. sides, pants, back, front. Nothing bad.
                      It was pretty tight that year - 2001. But it laxed a bit since then.

I am bummed some moron Jet or Cowboy fan is going to cause us to go thru more.

Soon they will want to run us thru scanners like at the airport.

They actually did that for the DNC at Invesco. It took me longer to get into that one event then it did all the games I have been to there combined up to that point.

What a nightmare that was. A little pat down is nothing compared to that mess. The Secret Service has no idea how to get large crowds into stadiums.

Comment

Working...
                      X