When Orton succeeds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When Orton succeeds

No one has ever argued that Orton isn't accurate or doesn't have mid-grade arm strenght. But his protection yesterday was awesome. He had a running game and had a defense for most of the game until he can't keep them off the field and they wear out...which has been typical of our last three years with him. (We will never have a good defense w/him as QB.)

But when he succeeds...it's in situations where ANY mid-grade QB would succeed. The protection he was given would allow any QB to stay in the pocket and throw easily.

The injuries list? Moreno? McGahee did better. Lloyd? Other guys were open and caught it. Just a name on the back but obviously Lloyd is the best. Would he have caught it any differently than Decker? It shows Orton looks TOO much at Lloyd.
    Defensive injuries? A lot but they defense played well.

Fact is we had the Bungles at home. the defense showed up and the running game was in place. EVERYTHING needed for success...and Orton kept them in the game.

Yeah...this win showed why we'll never have a good defense and a chance of being good...even IF everything else is in place b/c he can't get it done and is LUCKY they didn't try and hit a FG.

His "most satisfying" win is week 2 against the Bengals. When HIS job is in question...yeah, that's Kyle Orton as a person in a nutshell.
    But...he won and you'd have had to been a pretty bad QB to not win.
    John and TD should get their own wing in Canton.

Think about changing your location setting from Missouri to "misery."

Comment

Originally posted by since1977 View Post
      No one has ever argued that Orton isn't accurate or doesn't have mid-grade arm strenght. But his protection yesterday was awesome. He had a running game and had a defense for most of the game until he can't keep them off the field and they wear out...which has been typical of our last three years with him. (We will never have a good defense w/him as QB.)

But when he succeeds...it's in situations where ANY mid-grade QB would succeed. The protection he was given would allow any QB to stay in the pocket and throw easily.

The injuries list? Moreno? McGahee did better. Lloyd? Other guys were open and caught it. Just a name on the back but obviously Lloyd is the best. Would he have caught it any differently than Decker? It shows Orton looks TOO much at Lloyd.
      Defensive injuries? A lot but they defense played well.

Fact is we had the Bungles at home. the defense showed up and the running game was in place. EVERYTHING needed for success...and Orton kept them in the game.

Yeah...this win showed why we'll never have a good defense and a chance of being good...even IF everything else is in place b/c he can't get it done and is LUCKY they didn't try and hit a FG.

His "most satisfying" win is week 2 against the Bengals. When HIS job is in question...yeah, that's Kyle Orton as a person in a nutshell.
      But...he won and you'd have had to been a pretty bad QB to not win.
      We were down to two WR's, one that wouldn't even be a 4th option for most teams, a QB playing WR, a rookie TE and a TE no one has ever heard of until this year...

It was satisfying because we were depleted by injuries and had a zero chance at winning. Also the team likes to win, and they like to win at home...

...the fans, on the other hand....
      sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Originally posted by catsigater View Post
        Think about changing your location setting from Missouri to "misery."
        I've thought about that since the Cutler deal went down. But maybe Dove Valley is actually located in Misery now?

The only win he manages NOT TO BLOW single handedly is the Bengals who lost their best WR and QB in the offseason at home? wow...let's celebrate that he saved his job.

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
          We were down to two WR's, one that wouldn't even be a 4th option for most teams, a QB playing WR, a rookie TE and a TE no one has ever heard of until this year...

It was satisfying because we were depleted by injuries and had a zero chance at winning. Also the team likes to win, and they like to win at home...

Satisfying that he hasn't won a game since last November & finally barely beats the Bengals at home.

Talk injuries all day, but the team showed up...not Kyle. If these replacement players were blowing plays...making mistakes...and Kyle somehow over came them...that would be one thing.

They guy going 3-out...not showing up to keep this well in hand was Kyle. BTW, this "rookie" TE has been pretty good.

Comment

What a sad state of affairs when people would rather suck with one guy over another. "My guy would lose with more flair than that guy". It's funny and sad at the same time.

Comment

Satisfying that he hasn't won a game since last November & finally barely beats the Bengals at home.

Talk injuries all day, but the team showed up...not Kyle. If these replacement players were blowing plays...making mistakes...and Kyle somehow over came them...that would be one thing.

They guy going 3-out...not showing up to keep this well in hand was Kyle. BTW, this "rookie" TE has been pretty good.
              He took the game to a two score lead twice, once late in the 4th.

The entire team gutted out a win, much to your disappointment.
              sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

I agree with your post 100%
                It's too bad that we have financial issues because of the bad decision to give $9M to Orton... I'd say get David Garrard on the phone and have him come run this offense.
                Worst case scenario, he's mobile and won't bump into his LG and fall on the ground in the fetal position. Plus I bet he wouldn't flat out drop the ball on a key drive and then not recover his own fumble that is 4 inches away from him.

Comment

I've thought about that since the Cutler deal went down. But maybe Dove Valley is actually located in Misery now?

The only win he manages NOT TO BLOW single handedly is the Bengals who lost their best WR and QB in the offseason at home? wow...let's celebrate that he saved his job.
                  maybe he was just satisfied that the team overcame his flawed ability.

Comment

So I watched the game at Sports Book in Vegas.... What a way to watch football.... But so many dudes where laughing about how far the Broncos have fallen.... Almost all of them said Denver is going nowhere with Orton, and are dumb for not seeing what Tebow has..... Oh, by the way, the Broncos did not cover the spread.... Dumb Orton!
                    A super bowl victory is the only thing that matters in a season. So to show improvement you have to get closer than we were last year. So the AFCC game is a good answer if we only match what we did last year it is a failure. The Giants were 9-7 and won it all so record or first round bye mean nothing unless you win it all-

#87Birdman wrote it- adding Manning, the Broncos should be held to it, and certain posters think otherwise and we know who you are.....

Comment

Orton didn't "win" the game. Marvin Lewis and Andy Dalton did that for us. We shouldn't have even given the Bengals a last chance at the win. We needed Orton to keep the ball and kill clock. he failed right there in crunch time.

Always remember to blow out the flame before drinking!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post
                        What a sad state of affairs when people would rather suck with one guy over another. "My guy would lose with more flair than that guy". It's funny and sad at the same time.
                        So you see no difference that sucking with a guy who's always going to be mediocre over a guy who we might not suck with and who WILL get better?

A guy who is probably better than Dalton? Look around the league...guys who "can't play" in the NFL are making it all the time.

So, there's a chance with Tebow. Colts fans would rather suck with a young guy who MIGHT get better than w/Kerry Collins.

No one's saying we will suck with Tebow...and I don't think we will. Honestly with Tebow I think we win yesterday by at least 10.

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post

It was the Bungles...

Even worse, it was the Bungles without Carson Palmer and Chad Ochocinco.

Even worse, it was the Bungles without Carson Palmer, Chad Ochocinco with a rookie QB in his 2nd start ever.

And it was one of Kyle's most satisfying wins? Really? Really....

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy8 View Post
                            It was the Bungles...

Even worse, it was the Bungles without Carson Palmer and Chad Ochocinco.

Even worse, it was the Bungles without Carson Palmer, Chad Ochocinco with a rookie QB in his 2nd start ever.

And it was one of Kyle's most satisfying wins? Really? Really....
                            Yeah, I was a little shocked to hear that too. I mean yeah, we had a lot of injuries. But it was pretty much the Decker and MaGahee show. It's not like Orton had to throw to Tebow. So yeah we had a lot of injuries but we are still playing the Bengles. Overall, I am still not impressed with Orton. He is who I thought he was. Great when we are ahead, but struggles when the game is on the line. But good win for him.
                            sigpic
                            MILE HIGH MAGIC HAPPENS IN ORANGE!

2011 Adopt a Bronco: The Beast off the Bench Adam Weber!!!

Originally posted by Jay3
                            Yes. For two Super Bowls I would be willing to carpet bomb Canada.

Comment

So you see no difference that sucking with a guy who's always going to be mediocre over a guy who we might not suck with and who WILL get better?

A guy who is probably better than Dalton? Look around the league...guys who "can't play" in the NFL are making it all the time.

So, there's a chance with Tebow. Colts fans would rather suck with a young guy who MIGHT get better than w/Kerry Collins.

No one's saying we will suck with Tebow...and I don't think we will. Honestly with Tebow I think we win yesterday by at least 10.
                              It is amazing to hear the hatred for Orton from a person that talks up Cutler. Orton has been named offensive player of the week both in 2009 and 2010, and yesterday played better, scored more and played with an offense that was not that worthwhile - this at the same time where Cutler makes screen passes and handoffs all day.

There are better QBs out there than Orton - who knows - the one we drafted last year might turn out to be better - but yesterday the team won under tough conditions and that is great.

The Denver hobby of throwing the QB under the bus is just dumb - the pinnacle came with the 2006 draft and subseguent ouster of the last great QB we have had. He was hated for not being Elway.

We need more on offense - but play calling is important too.

Comment

Working...
                              X