Chiefs: weakness exposed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chiefs: weakness exposed

hahahahaha. bronocs did every1 a favor. from now on, every team that has to play the chiefs, is gonna do nuthing but run. the chiefs dont have that bad of a run-d, portis just made it look like it, but every team that plays the chiefs now knows that if they have a decent running back, they can. and most likely will beat the chiefs.

Broncos suck!!Hahahahahahahaha. thats the funniest thing i ever heard... broncos suck.... hahahaha must be a team that cant get over their loss to us...

* broncos. my bad.
    Broncos suck!!Hahahahahahahaha. thats the funniest thing i ever heard... broncos suck.... hahahaha must be a team that cant get over their loss to us...

Comment

OMG WOW.

Way to figure out what the rest of the league has known for 14 weeks.

Comment

New England is the Iron of the NFL

The Chiefs, and unfortunately, probably the Broncos, are both playing for naught anyway. If either team must go on the road in the playoffs it's curtains. Particularly, if either must play in Foxboro. The road to the Super Bowl in the AFC passes through New England. Bill Belichick and his defense are the iron of the league.
        Sweeneydoggie

Comment

Re: New England is the Iron of the NFL

Originally posted by sweendoggie
          The Chiefs, and unfortunately, probably the Broncos, are both playing for naught anyway. If either team must go on the road in the playoffs it's curtains. Particularly, if either must play in Foxboro. The road to the Super Bowl in the AFC passes through New England. Bill Belichick and his defense are the iron of the league.
          Spoken like a true Patriots fan.

Don't forget that we almost beat you despite starting Danny Kanell at QB. (What a disaster!) And also don't forget your recent history versus the Broncos. We tend to cause your team problems.

By the way, why exactly are you rearing your ugly head in our forum right now? Didn't have enough 'Fins fans in your forum to talk smack with?
          "You can't take the sky from me..."
          ------
          "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

I read Vermeil said that the bootleg is a guessing game for defenses, which makes me think, "why dont teams use that more often?" Plummer did a great job utilizing the bootleg. Some people can pull it off well, like Plummer. It's kinda like being effective at the play action pass. Steve DeBerg was the master of that. I hope that the Chiefs make some kind of positive adjustment regarding the bootelg.

The good news is that they didnt face this in the playoffs and will have time to male adjustments against it.

Comment

I'm here because I'm a closet Bronco fan. I've followed the Broncos since 1979. I see some good things happening with Shanahan's bunch, but have this feeling that somehow they're not cohesive enough or lucky enough to get very far. I love Portis and am starting to warm up to Jake, but am not sold yet on him. I live here and see that the Pats are rock-solid on D, and have been getting all of the lucky breaks. Tough combo to beat.
              Sweeneydoggie

Comment

Originally posted by NYCHIEFSFAN
                I read Vermeil said that the bootleg is a guessing game for defenses, which makes me think, "why dont teams use that more often?" Plummer did a great job utilizing the bootleg. Some people can pull it off well, like Plummer. It's kinda like being effective at the play action pass. Steve DeBerg was the master of that. I hope that the Chiefs make some kind of positive adjustment regarding the bootelg.

The good news is that they didnt face this in the playoffs and will have time to male adjustments against it.
                The great thing about the bootleg is that if the defense plays it properly then the running plays start to work better because the D is more hesistant in pursuing the ball carier. I'm also surprised more teams don't employ it on a more regular basis.

BTW, I like your new avatar! Go, Robinson, Go!!! (Is that GR?)
                ------

Comment

I'm here because I'm a closet Bronco fan. I've followed the Broncos since 1979. I see some good things happening with Shanahan's bunch, but have this feeling that somehow they're not cohesive enough or lucky enough to get very far. I love Portis and am starting to warm up to Jake, but am not sold yet on him. I live here and see that the Pats are rock-solid on D, and have been getting all of the lucky breaks. Tough combo to beat.
                  Actually, I'm firmly aware that this might not be Denver's season to go all the way. I'm more hopeful for next year. But I'll keeping pulling for the Broncos no matter what. Anything can happen!

Hey, why don't you vote and state your case in this thread:
                  Class of the AFC? (and discussion)
                  ------

Comment

Originally posted by Javalon

BTW, I like your new avatar! Go, Robinson, Go!!! (Is that GR?)
                    heh heh heh its DV but his head is spinning so fast, its hard to tell. I almost used GR, tho instead of DV.

Comment

heh heh heh its DV but his head is spinning so fast, its hard to tell. I almost used GR, tho instead of DV.
                      wasn't there some kind of deal about chiefs fans changing their avatars to someting pro broncos if we won? seems like i remember something like that but don't remember who was involved.
                      sigpic
                      go broncos
                      share the sidewalk
                      liberty > safety . . . ron paul '12!

Comment

Re: New England is the Iron of the NFL

Relax, everyone. I can take care of this guy. Listen, Vin Baker will be back on the sauce in a matter of weeks, and the Celtics will fall farther into oblivion than they already are. The Bruins are off to a fast start, but they did the same thing last year and went into the tank just like all the other Boston teams do. The Red Sux got Schilling, and are on the verge of signing A-Rod. Since their stadium holds only 35,000 people, how long do you think people will pay $85 a ticket (don't laugh...how do you think the Sux will pay those salaries?) to see their team blow it again? New England sports can be summed up in one word: Hopeless.

Do me a favor...tune your radio to WEEI 850am tomorrow morning and listen to Dennis & Callahan. When they're done interviewing (Insert polititian who has nothing to do with sports, talking about anything but sports, and has no business being a guest on a sports-radio staion here), they'll let you know that Boston teams are perennial losers (minus one fluke in the past 17 years). Then, if you haven't had enough, stick around for Dale & Newmie for a full-fledged reality check. Just please remove all sharp objects before you do, and lock the escape hatch that leads to the roof at your office. I'd hate to be responsible for you coming to terms with this in that way. See ya in Greystoke!

Comment

The absolute master of the play action bootleg, at least in my memory, and don't laugh, was Boomer Esiason. I remember the cameraman following James Brooks or Ickey Woods, meanwhile, Boomer getting ready to toss. Absolutely killer in the no-huddle offense they ran under Sam Wyche. Plummer is very good at it. You really have to sell it hard, as if you no longer have the ball. It takes an extra second to do that, but when it works......wow.

Poor Mr. Brown. He must finally be happy to see his team respectable again. All that spinning over the last decade must have made him dizzy in the grave.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
                          You should check these guys out

Comment

Originally posted by mattos
                            wasn't there some kind of deal about chiefs fans changing their avatars to someting pro broncos if we won? seems like i remember something like that but don't remember who was involved.
                            Horseface can't because he's officially gone, chi3fs claims he's gone for good...but the other Chief fans that signed up for crow should take nycf's lead and "wear" the avatar. It's the honorable thing to do...
                            Fending off Chefs left and right since 1980.

Comment

Originally posted by Jared
                              The absolute master of the play action bootleg, at least in my memory, and don't laugh, was Boomer Esiason.
                              No doubt. It seems a lot of QB's go through the motions of play action but dont sell it like Boomer and DeBerg did. I forgot about Esiason, he was a total master of the play action pass. There's not too many QB's that currently play, that remind me of his talent at the play action pass.

Comment

Working...
                              X