It's time.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's time.

I'm going to preface this thread by saying I think that we will one out of our next two games. I don't know which one, and I don't know how, but I do. I believe in the team working hard enough as a unit that they will find a way to eek out an ugly win against a good team.

It's not lost on anyone on these boards that I support Orton. I've constantly thought to myself "This is the game where Orton takes control".

And nearly every time, I'm let down.

It's not all Orton's fault. I'll be the first person to tell you that. Sometimes, bad things just find you. It's only 3 games into this season, but after all of the high blood pressure from last season, and now its pouring over into this season, its becoming maddening.

It's time.

It's time for a change. It's time to see if the other QB's we have on our roster have the bad luck bug. It's time to see the QB show some accountability and show some passion for being a Denver Bronco. When Orton shrugged off that INT in the interview...it enraged me. I know that tipped passes aren't always your fault. But there's the problem. The TEAM lost because of it. Him shrugging it off basically said to me "I don't care. I know it wasn't my fault".

I'll support whomever starts for the Broncos, name on the front, not the name on the back...but it's time for a change.

He obviously couldn't be bothered about his terrible play thus far. I've even called into question the playcalling, which I think is a large part of the offensive woes.

I'm gonna root harder for the Broncos than I have in a long time, and that's saying something, because I've never taken it easy during a Broncos game.

Kyle, best of luck. I hope you find what you're looking for. I know you didn't ask to be here. Quite simply, you failed to make the most out of the opportunity presented to you.
    sigpic

Hooray, beer!

I'm not to that point yet, but when i get to that point (soon)... it's going to be me wanting Orton to be benched, and not me wanted X to start.

as you said.

Comment

Good post

Comment

Feels like it. Maybe they'll start Quinn and you'll get to see another round of a different level of nuclear.

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
          I'm going to preface this thread by saying I think that we will one out of our next two games. I don't know which one, and I don't know how, but I do. I believe in the team working hard enough as a unit that they will find a way to eek out an ugly win against a good team.

It's not lost on anyone on these boards that I support Orton. I've constantly thought to myself "This is the game where Orton takes control".

It's not all Orton's fault. I'll be the first person to tell you that. Sometimes, bad things just find you. It's only 3 games into this season, but after all of the high blood pressure from last season, and now its pouring over into this season, its becoming maddening.

It's time.

It's time for a change. It's time to see if the other QB's we have on our roster have the bad luck bug. It's time to see the QB show some accountability and show some passion for being a Denver Bronco. When Orton shrugged off that INT in the interview...it enraged me. I know that tipped passes aren't always your fault. But there's the problem. The TEAM lost because of it. Him shrugging it off basically said to me "I don't care. I know it wasn't my fault".

I'll support whomever starts for the Broncos, name on the front, not the name on the back...but it's time for a change.

He obviously couldn't be bothered about his terrible play thus far. I've even called into question the playcalling, which I think is a large part of the offensive woes.

I'm gonna root harder for the Broncos than I have in a long time, and that's saying something, because I've never taken it easy during a Broncos game.

Kyle, best of luck. I hope you find what you're looking for. I know you didn't ask to be here. Quite simply, you failed to make the most out of the opportunity presented to you.
          CP - good post - some people just seem to have more patience.

Comment

It's time.

After our conversation the other day this thread for some reason suprises me but I do agree, we've seen all we're likely to see out of orton lets see what we've got on the bench and if needed move on in the draft.
            sigpic

Comment

Good post. It's time for a change. It's time to see what we have on our roster.
              Lifetime Broncos/Cowboys fan.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post

After our conversation the other day this thread for some reason suprises me but I do agree, we've seen all we're likely to see out of orton lets see what we've got on the bench and if needed move on in the draft.
                Honestly, I just keep coming back to the interview.

I've watched it dozens of times. I know he doesn't care what the fans think. I'm pretty positive he doesn't care what the media thinks.

...but its not like he's just trying to say nothing at all. I just look his body language and what he's saying, and you can just see it. He doesn't care. Not about what the fans think, not about what the media thinks, or ANYONE for that matter. Like I said in my post, he's got the look of "I know it wasn't my fault...move along people".

It just pisses me off to no end.

Even Jay(not a fan of his), who HATES the fans, after losses, you could just tell it was eating him alive. Like he wanted to just go stomp on baby chickens and kick puppies.

I don't see any of that right now from Orton. If I had to choose a word for what I see...I think "apathetic" would be that word.
                sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

I've watched it dozens of times. I know he doesn't care what the fans think. I'm pretty positive he doesn't care what the media thinks.

...but its not like he's just trying to say nothing at all. I just look his body language and what he's saying, and you can just see it. He doesn't care. Not about what the fans think, not about what the media thinks, or ANYONE for that matter. Like I said in my post, he's got the look of "I know it wasn't my fault...move along people".

Even Jay(not a fan of his), who HATES the fans, after losses, you could just tell it was eating him alive. Like he wanted to just go stomp on baby chickens and kick puppies.

I don't see any of that right now from Orton. If I had to choose a word for what I see...I think "apathetic" would be that word.
                  A lot of people have noticed the apathy for a long time now. Not trashing you just saying that some have seen it for a long time.

Comment

Good thread/post Cory and fwiw I totally agree with your reasoning. I've never been a KO fan. Not at Purdue, or Chi and especially not here. Mostly, for the exact reason I bolded in your post. Apathy. It drives me BatSpit crazy to think that any athlete participating in any level of competition could be apathetic in ANY way. It just doesn't compute w/ the way that I am wired.

A lot of people reasonably have given KO the benefit of the doubt because, like you said, he didn't ask to be here. I understand that. I have just never understood his on field demeanor. The body language stuff, it just smacks of "please don't follow me."

Anyway, good post man. Not because I agree w/ your conclusion & reasoning, but because of the way you articulated your points.
                    Last edited by Southtown; 09-30-2011, 04:36 PM.

Comment

We the "orton haters" may have a lot of things against orton but his apathy has to be the biggest issue....People say he's not a good leader, walks of the bench and says "my bad" like he could care less.....People have been saying for awhile he's captain apathetic and how can players get behind a guy who honestly just doesn't seem to care?

I realize this isn't a tebow thread and I have no intention of making it one but when you see Tebow out there miced up he's a guy who every down good or bad, win or lose he cares, he cares so bad you can just feel it looking at him.

Come gametime I'd rather have the guy who cares about doing the best he can out there, Orton just has never seemed like he cares, he doesn't get that fired up when things go right and he doesn't get to down on himself if things go wrong...it just doesn't matter one way or another.
                      sigpic

Comment

It's time.

Now if we could get a few more people to stop making excuses for Orton, these boards would be so much more tolerable.

For us Bronco fans, it's not about Tim Tebow. It's about being done with Kyle Orton and the McDaniels era that he represents (not by his own choice).

Unfortunately, for Tebow-only fans, yes it's all about Tebow.

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

Comment

And quite frankly, apathy is the LAST thing any Denver Bronco fan wants to see out of their starting QB.

We were spoiled seeing Elway for all those years, scrapping and clawing for wins, and showing his competitive nature whether he meant to or not, he just couldn't help himself. Elway drove the Bronco passion into all of us, and the sad fact remains that most if not all of us are living in the past.

I really hate to compare our contemporary quarterbacks all the time, but I simply can't help myself. And now that Elway is back in the Bronco Headquarters, being a part of the franchise again, it just brought all the high expectations bubbling up inside me again.

The thing that I didn't like most about Orton was just the way he seemed so apathetic on the sidelines, on the field, and in his interviews. I would have been A LOT more patient with him if he got fired up and angry when he failed, if he showed more excitement when succeeded, if he became more... Favre-like (meaning just plain having fun out there for a change). Hell, I would have been okay with him starting another year or two if he would have been more willing to mentor Tebow. I honestly believe if he was more POSITIVE about the situation, those Tebow chants would have never even happened.

I am a passionate fan, as I think most of us on these boards, and in the stadium are. I love to see our QB give his damndest game in and game out, and be firing his team up on those sidelines. I want a passionate QB, regardless if he's the next Peyton Manning or Joey Harrington. A good coaching staff can work with a motivated semi-skilled player, rather than an apathetic superstar. The truth is I don't care how good X quarterback is. If he shows no emotion towards winning or losing, no drive, and no accountability, and if he actually insults the fans, I don't want him to be our quarterback.
                          Lifetime Broncos/Cowboys fan.
                          sigpic

Comment

Basically what i've thought all along.

I have nothing against Orton, i just think he's in the wrong situation. Whether it's Tebow, Quinn, or even Weber, we need to see what we have since we won't make the playoffs.

Good post as usual CW.

Comment

Which is probably why so many fans have posted on these very boards that they're apathetic about the game every week.

Comment

Working...
                              X