• Andy Holman
    replied
    Our best chance at offensive success

Kyle Orton at QB

Brandon Lloyd at 1WR

Eric Decker in the Slot

Eddie Royal at 2WR

Willis McGahee in the backfield

Eric Decker is a prototypical slot wide receiver. It's not for little guys anymore. Wes Welker is short, but he's not little. Eddie had his best season on the outside, and two down years in the slot. Fox moved him back outside where he belongs and he should stay there. Decker has the speed to outrun linebackers and the size to outjump safeties. That's where he should be and where we should attack. That opens up everything else. That opens up Royal deep, Lloyd deep, running lanes for McGahee, and underneath stuff for the tight end. It also gives Orton somewhere to go when he panics.

Leave a comment:

• Matt44
    replied
    Well strange thing is that DT is an unproven youngster who needs work but has the potential to be a STAR!!

Don't be surprised if he rides the pine all season!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• BroncoSexyDaddy
    replied
    I would keep Lloyd and lock him up for another contract.Decker looks to be our #2 receiver.Willis would go to #3,and i would make Eron Riley #4 at this point.Royal would be out next season,and slowly bring DT into the mix.

Leave a comment:

• Atwnbroncfan
    replied
    It'll be interesting when they come back, because im not sure this offense has any 4-5 wide sets. If we do I have yet to see it, or notice it. But WR is the strength of our team, so we better use it.

Leave a comment:

• mb3playa
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncoooJohnson View Post
    while it's true that he hasn't justified his pick, i don't think you should take away that he has shown flashes of his ability to be a dominant receiver, against seattle and the jets when he scored on revis
    agreed..the emergence of decker just allows DT to take his time getting healthy. He can be a #1 guy if he can ever play a full season. Royal should return soon and when he does I think he will find his home in the slot. WR is definitely a bright spot on this team

Leave a comment:

• Southtown
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncoooJohnson View Post
    while it's true that he hasn't justified his pick, i don't think you should take away that he has shown flashes of his ability to be a dominant receiver, against seattle and the jets when he scored on revis
    I don't discount his ability to produce when on the field. It's only that he's spent most of his time in the training room, and until proven otherwise, I don't really consider him an integral part of the WR position group. I sincerely hope he gets healthy and dominates for the next 10-12 years.

I had such high hopes that there would be a Tebow to Thomas connection happening in Denver for a long time. That flame of hope is reduced to flickering at the moment.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoooJohnson
    replied
    Originally posted by Southtown View Post
    Decker is playing lights out & will be around for a long time. Not to mention he scored me 22 points in my fantasy league (benched Percy Harvin for him!).

ER, when healthy, is a good to very good receiver. Problem is, he is with the 2nd coaching staff & the same QB that HAS NO IDEA how to get him the ball. Put him on New England or back w/ Shanny & his production goes way up.

Lloyd - Love his on field production. Although I have my concerns whether or not he actually cares about winning the games.

DT - I don't even know who this guy is. He's had a cup of coffee on the field & that's about it.

Leave a comment:

• Southtown
    replied
    Decker is playing lights out & will be around for a long time. Not to mention he scored me 22 points in my fantasy league (benched Percy Harvin for him!).

ER, when healthy, is a good to very good receiver. Problem is, he is with the 2nd coaching staff & the same QB that HAS NO IDEA how to get him the ball. Put him on New England or back w/ Shanny & his production goes way up.

Lloyd - Love his on field production. Although I have my concerns whether or not he actually cares about winning the games.

DT - I don't even know who this guy is. He's had a cup of coffee on the field & that's about it.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoooJohnson
    replied
    Originally posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
    lol didnt al davis put the entire team on the trading block last year or the year before?
    yup, and i respect that move (even though Al himself is a joke).

i don't thing we should go this far, but let it be known that you're listening to offers..

untouchable players (our young playmakers/veteran broncos)
    Champ Bailey
    Elvis Dumervil
    Von Miller
    Ryan Clady
    Kyle Orton (haha jk)
    Eric Decker
    Probably Rahim Moore and Orlando Franklin, since they were picked high and are starting.

Leave a comment:

• shawinkerpoppin
    replied
    Originally posted by jclark34 View Post
    This is probably the only part of our team I'm happy with excluding our kickers. I say trade Lloyd for draft picks, heck trade %80 of our team for draft picks!
    lol didnt al davis put the entire team on the trading block last year or the year before?

Leave a comment:

• jclark34
    replied
    This is probably the only part of our team I'm happy with excluding our kickers. I say trade Lloyd for draft picks, heck trade %80 of our team for draft picks!

Leave a comment:

• shawinkerpoppin
    replied
    Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post
    I don't like Decker at #1, not because I don't think he's good enough for it, but because it leaves us with a big hole at #2. Royal is way too inconsistent, Willis is very unknown, and DT has insane injury problems and is also unknown.

That would force our hand into spending a draft pick on the WR group, when there is no need to at all, and isn't guaranteed. We have a solution right here on the roster, lets not screw it up. Lloyd is a good WR, works great within the offense when paired with Decker. Tebow's strength at QB at this point is the deep ball, Lloyd is a beast at the deep ball, keep this thing going, keep Lloyd. He's not going to be THAT expensive. He won't find mega millions on the FA market because he's not an all around great WR, I think we can keep him here for 25 mill over 4-5 years, that's not a bad deal for us at all.

Lloyd, Decker, Royal, Decker. That works great for us... lets just keep it and stop wasting draft picks when we don't even need to do it.
    if they could get lloyd at 5-6 mill a year then thats fine. but i think he will be gone to the highest bidder no home town discount. i dont blame him and i aint mad at him but i feel thats what he is about. but when thomas comes back that will determine lloyds fate as a bronco. thomas was a deep threat in college and i believe was drafted to compliment tebows strengths. if thomas still has it then i cant see the broncos spending money on lloyd as tight as they are.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoooJohnson
    replied
    Decker- Keeps his starting job through next year. He has everything you look for in a football player.

Demaryius- If he comes back and shows strong flashes that he can be a starter/number one receiver, than he'll be given his shot start next year.

Lloyd- If Demaryius comes back strong and Lloyd's mouth keeps running, he can run out the door (probably to St. Louis to be with good ol' Josh)

Royal- possibly resigned, but Washington is where I think he will be. The system he flourished in, they don't have many good receivers, and he'd be back with Shanahan.

Willis- Back next year, playing a similar role (substitution package receiver, special teams guy)

I would guess that Decker and Demaryius start next year, and for the remainder of the season I think Decker and Lloyd will start, with Royal/Demaryius fighting for playing time.

Leave a comment:

• Hoserman117
    replied
    Originally posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
    decker has pushed royal to number 3 and is killing any leverage lloyd has of getting a big contract with denver. going into the season lloyd was the clear cut best reciever on the roster and only proven weapon the broncos had at the posistion. the way it looks right now if denver went into the off season dropping lloyd and saying decker is the number 1 guy i wouldnt be mad. decker is probably the only good thing McD left behind after destroying the franchise.
    I don't like Decker at #1, not because I don't think he's good enough for it, but because it leaves us with a big hole at #2. Royal is way too inconsistent, Willis is very unknown, and DT has insane injury problems and is also unknown.

That would force our hand into spending a draft pick on the WR group, when there is no need to at all, and isn't guaranteed. We have a solution right here on the roster, lets not screw it up. Lloyd is a good WR, works great within the offense when paired with Decker. Tebow's strength at QB at this point is the deep ball, Lloyd is a beast at the deep ball, keep this thing going, keep Lloyd. He's not going to be THAT expensive. He won't find mega millions on the FA market because he's not an all around great WR, I think we can keep him here for 25 mill over 4-5 years, that's not a bad deal for us at all.

Lloyd, Decker, Royal, Willis. That works great for us... lets just keep it and stop wasting draft picks when we don't even need to do it.

Leave a comment:

• shawinkerpoppin
    replied
    decker has pushed royal to number 3 and is killing any leverage lloyd has of getting a big contract with denver. going into the season lloyd was the clear cut best reciever on the roster and only proven weapon the broncos had at the posistion. the way it looks right now if denver went into the off season dropping lloyd and saying decker is the number 1 guy i wouldnt be mad. decker is probably the only good thing McD left behind after destroying the franchise.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X