Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lets talk Receivers

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Lets talk Receivers

    I am rapidly developing a man crush on Eric Decker. I am curious what you guys think happens when Royal and DT return healthy.

    We are going to have 4 wideouts at that point that should all get a chance to play.

    What do you guys see the depth chart looking like? Does Decker still start when Royal and DT back?

    Do you guys think there is a chance the FO tries to move Lloyd before trade deadline?

    Do you guys feel Eddie has a future here in Denver? What about Lloyd?

    I personally will lose a lot of faith in fox if somehow decker goes back to being the 3rd receiver. Decker forget the fact that Decker is a TD machine, the guy plays physical, hes smart, he runs great routes and he has intensity.

    Just wanted to see what all of your takes were.

  • #2
    Decker is gonna be really good. I still have high hopes for DT IF he can stay healthy. Eddie....I think is gone after this year. I'm not so sure BL gets resigned either.
    Decimating the competition, leaving in the wake a blind ambition.

    elecshoc
    You will be for ever known as the truth see-er

    Comment


    • #3
      Eric Decker has played Eddie Royal right out of a job.
      sigpic
      - ★ -
      2012 Adopt a Bronco : Joe Mays

      Comment


      • #4
        Decker is without a doubt the #2 on this team, he's a beast.

        I think we should lock up Lloyd for 4 years, front load his contract with lots of guaranteed money so we can cut him in his 3rd year with no penalties if his play falls off the earth. He's still a very good receiver, and if Tebow starts he's really gonna help him out because he can catch badly thrown balls like it's no problem.

        I think we should let Eddie hang around, extend him, he won't cost much, and still gives you production in a variety of ways.

        DT.... let him hang around, but don't have high expectations due to injuries.

        Willis also looks like a good player, I say keep our WR group, don't spend any draft picks on it, build the rest of the team.

        Comment


        • #5
          decker has pushed royal to number 3 and is killing any leverage lloyd has of getting a big contract with denver. going into the season lloyd was the clear cut best reciever on the roster and only proven weapon the broncos had at the posistion. the way it looks right now if denver went into the off season dropping lloyd and saying decker is the number 1 guy i wouldnt be mad. decker is probably the only good thing McD left behind after destroying the franchise.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
            decker has pushed royal to number 3 and is killing any leverage lloyd has of getting a big contract with denver. going into the season lloyd was the clear cut best reciever on the roster and only proven weapon the broncos had at the posistion. the way it looks right now if denver went into the off season dropping lloyd and saying decker is the number 1 guy i wouldnt be mad. decker is probably the only good thing McD left behind after destroying the franchise.
            I don't like Decker at #1, not because I don't think he's good enough for it, but because it leaves us with a big hole at #2. Royal is way too inconsistent, Willis is very unknown, and DT has insane injury problems and is also unknown.

            That would force our hand into spending a draft pick on the WR group, when there is no need to at all, and isn't guaranteed. We have a solution right here on the roster, lets not screw it up. Lloyd is a good WR, works great within the offense when paired with Decker. Tebow's strength at QB at this point is the deep ball, Lloyd is a beast at the deep ball, keep this thing going, keep Lloyd. He's not going to be THAT expensive. He won't find mega millions on the FA market because he's not an all around great WR, I think we can keep him here for 25 mill over 4-5 years, that's not a bad deal for us at all.

            Lloyd, Decker, Royal, Willis. That works great for us... lets just keep it and stop wasting draft picks when we don't even need to do it.

            Comment


            • #7
              Decker- Keeps his starting job through next year. He has everything you look for in a football player.

              Demaryius- If he comes back and shows strong flashes that he can be a starter/number one receiver, than he'll be given his shot start next year.

              Lloyd- If Demaryius comes back strong and Lloyd's mouth keeps running, he can run out the door (probably to St. Louis to be with good ol' Josh)

              Royal- possibly resigned, but Washington is where I think he will be. The system he flourished in, they don't have many good receivers, and he'd be back with Shanahan.

              Willis- Back next year, playing a similar role (substitution package receiver, special teams guy)

              I would guess that Decker and Demaryius start next year, and for the remainder of the season I think Decker and Lloyd will start, with Royal/Demaryius fighting for playing time.
              Fightin' Texas Aggie c/o '16

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post
                I don't like Decker at #1, not because I don't think he's good enough for it, but because it leaves us with a big hole at #2. Royal is way too inconsistent, Willis is very unknown, and DT has insane injury problems and is also unknown.

                That would force our hand into spending a draft pick on the WR group, when there is no need to at all, and isn't guaranteed. We have a solution right here on the roster, lets not screw it up. Lloyd is a good WR, works great within the offense when paired with Decker. Tebow's strength at QB at this point is the deep ball, Lloyd is a beast at the deep ball, keep this thing going, keep Lloyd. He's not going to be THAT expensive. He won't find mega millions on the FA market because he's not an all around great WR, I think we can keep him here for 25 mill over 4-5 years, that's not a bad deal for us at all.

                Lloyd, Decker, Royal, Decker. That works great for us... lets just keep it and stop wasting draft picks when we don't even need to do it.
                if they could get lloyd at 5-6 mill a year then thats fine. but i think he will be gone to the highest bidder no home town discount. i dont blame him and i aint mad at him but i feel thats what he is about. but when thomas comes back that will determine lloyds fate as a bronco. thomas was a deep threat in college and i believe was drafted to compliment tebows strengths. if thomas still has it then i cant see the broncos spending money on lloyd as tight as they are.

                Comment


                • #9
                  This is probably the only part of our team I'm happy with excluding our kickers. I say trade Lloyd for draft picks, heck trade %80 of our team for draft picks!
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by jclark34 View Post
                    This is probably the only part of our team I'm happy with excluding our kickers. I say trade Lloyd for draft picks, heck trade %80 of our team for draft picks!
                    lol didnt al davis put the entire team on the trading block last year or the year before?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
                      lol didnt al davis put the entire team on the trading block last year or the year before?
                      yup, and i respect that move (even though Al himself is a joke).

                      i don't thing we should go this far, but let it be known that you're listening to offers..

                      untouchable players (our young playmakers/veteran broncos)
                      Champ Bailey
                      Elvis Dumervil
                      Von Miller
                      Ryan Clady
                      Kyle Orton (haha jk)
                      Eric Decker
                      Probably Rahim Moore and Orlando Franklin, since they were picked high and are starting.
                      Fightin' Texas Aggie c/o '16

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Decker is playing lights out & will be around for a long time. Not to mention he scored me 22 points in my fantasy league (benched Percy Harvin for him!).

                        ER, when healthy, is a good to very good receiver. Problem is, he is with the 2nd coaching staff & the same QB that HAS NO IDEA how to get him the ball. Put him on New England or back w/ Shanny & his production goes way up.

                        Lloyd - Love his on field production. Although I have my concerns whether or not he actually cares about winning the games.

                        DT - I don't even know who this guy is. He's had a cup of coffee on the field & that's about it.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Southtown View Post
                          Decker is playing lights out & will be around for a long time. Not to mention he scored me 22 points in my fantasy league (benched Percy Harvin for him!).

                          ER, when healthy, is a good to very good receiver. Problem is, he is with the 2nd coaching staff & the same QB that HAS NO IDEA how to get him the ball. Put him on New England or back w/ Shanny & his production goes way up.

                          Lloyd - Love his on field production. Although I have my concerns whether or not he actually cares about winning the games.

                          DT - I don't even know who this guy is. He's had a cup of coffee on the field & that's about it.
                          while it's true that he hasn't justified his pick, i don't think you should take away that he has shown flashes of his ability to be a dominant receiver, against seattle and the jets when he scored on revis
                          Fightin' Texas Aggie c/o '16

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by BroncoooJohnson View Post
                            while it's true that he hasn't justified his pick, i don't think you should take away that he has shown flashes of his ability to be a dominant receiver, against seattle and the jets when he scored on revis
                            I don't discount his ability to produce when on the field. It's only that he's spent most of his time in the training room, and until proven otherwise, I don't really consider him an integral part of the WR position group. I sincerely hope he gets healthy and dominates for the next 10-12 years.

                            I had such high hopes that there would be a Tebow to Thomas connection happening in Denver for a long time. That flame of hope is reduced to flickering at the moment.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by BroncoooJohnson View Post
                              while it's true that he hasn't justified his pick, i don't think you should take away that he has shown flashes of his ability to be a dominant receiver, against seattle and the jets when he scored on revis
                              agreed..the emergence of decker just allows DT to take his time getting healthy. He can be a #1 guy if he can ever play a full season. Royal should return soon and when he does I think he will find his home in the slot. WR is definitely a bright spot on this team
                              @MisterBerman

                              Go Broncos

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X