Von Miller Beast Status

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PunchDrunk View Post
    Von is a bad ass. Him and Doom crash the edges so well that it really only leaves the option to step up in the pocket. I hope that the coaches notice that and bring some delayed blitzes straight up the middle.

For the future, it would be great if we could get a DT that can push straight up the field and move the line back. We have some great pieces but we are a great inside player (Middle Backer or DT) away from having a dominant defense.
    I think DT is a bigger concern at this point over middle linebacker. I am not saying Joe Mays is the end all be all of MLB's in the league, but i feel like he has held his own inside save the Raiders game. I do hope the DT is a big target in next years draft.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SM19
      He's definitely a stud. I still think I'd prefer that we'd taken Dareus or Peterson, who were arguably equal talents at positions of greater need. (I'll acknowledge, of course, that Peterson is taking longer to adjust to the NFL than the other two.) But if the front office turns out to be correct that Miller was the best player available, I can't complain too much about passing on those other players.
      The thing about it is,it might not be a Von Miller coming out for a couple of seasons that's probably why he was selected over the players mentioned,but it could be a serviceable DT coming out of next draft.

Last season we let RBs get to the edge and explode down field,thats on the LBs to control,not as much on the DT position.DT position control whats going up the middle.Maybe the DT position is not a need for this team,i'm starting to think.Also we had no pass rush,explaining the Von Miller pick.

Comment

Originally posted by 86Elwayfan View Post
        I think DT is a bigger concern at this point over middle linebacker. I am not saying Joe Mays is the end all be all of MLB's in the league, but i feel like he has held his own inside save the Raiders game. I do hope the DT is a big target in next years draft.
        The right DT may not be in next years draft. A great middle linebacker can free up the people in front of them to shoot the gaps because they know that the guy behind them can cover for them. I believe that the DTs are playing two gaps, if they only have to focus on one, the average DT will make way more plays.

Comment

Working...
        X