X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pikman
    replied
    Originally posted by NOLABroncofan
    I agree with most here.. I think our O-Line is quality. With Alex Gibbs still working in an advisory role, I don't see our line getting weaker in the forseeable future. If anything, recent history has to show that we have one of the best run oriented O lines in the NFL. TD, CP, Olandis Gary, Mike Anderson.... need I say more?

Nuff said...
    Excellent point NOLA, for years the denver offensive line has proven that it's not necessarily the biggest, bulkiest line that dominates. Speed and technique have been the trademark of a very effective and efficient O-line for close to a decade.

Leave a comment:

• NOLABroncofan
    replied
    I agree with most here.. I think our O-Line is quality. With Alex Gibbs still working in an advisory role, I don't see our line getting weaker in the forseeable future. If anything, recent history has to show that we have one of the best run oriented O lines in the NFL. TD, CP, Olandis Gary, Mike Anderson.... need I say more?

Nuff said...

Leave a comment:

• Mount-n-Groan
    replied
    I'd have to say that Portis' success is a team thing. Sure, Portis is a great runner with all the moves and the speed, and the O-line does a great job of opening up the holes initially and then moving to the second level, but a key to the success is the blocking of the WR's and TE's. Rod & E-Mac have been commended often for their ability to block well. If you listen to Shanahan he almost always talks about the WR's blocking being key to a successful running attack.

Leave a comment:

• BrownsNation
    replied
    When my team the Steelers lost to you guys,we did a ok job against Portis. I am a regular on the Browns board and many of them think your offensive line is why Portis is so good.
    you have to be bellslegion from the browns board.

what up chump?
    Last edited by BrownsNation; 12-10-2003, 09:27 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Jared
    replied
    I would say overall, above average. Great run blocking. Been a little weak on pass protect. Better than most teams.

KC's line is in another orbit.

Rams fixed some holes and it shows this year.

Philly's line is nasty.

The Pats must be doing something right, because Brady seems ot have TONS of time.

Indy and Tennesee are also very good.

Leave a comment:

• Woody
    replied
    I think our Offensive Line is 2nd best in the NFL, Chiefs having the best, but not by much. I think we have the best blocking schemes and Oline coach in the business though.

Leave a comment:

• Orange&Blue
    replied
    It's pretty much everybody. It's up to the O-line to make a hole for him. Once he gets through that hole, it's up to him to make the moves and the tight end and wide receivers to help block. Shanahan isn't too fond of players that block like crap.

Leave a comment:

• DarkLiger1
    replied
    Well thats hard to tell actually.I mean CP is so good.Did you see the move he put on the chefs safety?Juked him out of his shoes.

Leave a comment:

• SD-BlueCheese
    replied
    Run Blocking is fairly solid...

our boys are always dinged up, and sometimes it shows more than other. Our pass blocking leaves much to be desired. W/out Jake's mobility, we're a wreck.

Leave a comment:

• Elway
    replied
    We are good, real good, are we the best? NO, but I'd say we are in the top five. Jake is a roll out QB so we don't have to worry about protecting him like statue-boy last year. We get off good blocks at the line of scrimmage and pick up most blitzes.

What we lack in size we make up in athelticism.

Leave a comment:

• How would you rank your offensive line compared to the rest of the NFL

When my team the Steelers lost to you guys,we did a ok job against Portis. I am a regular on the Browns board and many of them think your offensive line is why Portis is so good. I disagree because from what i have seen he gets yardage after the initial hit,has great open field vision,follows his blocks,breaks tackles and can run between the tackles and to the outside. What impressed me the most is even when he is wrapped up,the second effort brings more yardage. So i am wondering how do you rank your offensive line compared to others in the NFL ? I think Portis doesn't get enough credit myself. I see The Chiefs(i know thats a hated word around here) as better,the 49ers and Rams have excellent O-Lines,so does the Colts and Titans,the Panthers protect the QB pretty soundly. I know its a smaller quicker offensive line that gives most teams problems due to the schemes.
Working...
X