Who wants tix to the Broncos/SD game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who wants tix to the Broncos/SD game?

I'm not gonna be able to make it out from cailfornia to watch the Chargers lose play against the Broncos.

I offered them to my friend who will be in Denver, but he's up in the air at the moment. Provided that falls through, I'm happy to give the tickets to a Broncos fan from there at the boards.

I gave out my pre-season tickets the same way, and both Corywinget81 and Frenchy180 can attest that it's for real, and the seats are actually pretty darn good (PS - you two are NOT eligible to win this time)

Last time I said whoever PM'd me first - this time I want to make it a little more interesting - post a story about the first Broncos game memory here, and I'll PM the winner. Note - if you haven't seen a game live, post about the first time you remember watching them on TV. Or even read a box score in the paper.

If my friend ends up taking the tickets, I'll make sure that whoever I choose will be first up to receive my tix to the next game I can't make this season.

Originally posted by saltparrot View Post
    I'm not gonna be able to make it out from cailfornia to watch the Chargers lose play against the Broncos.

I offered them to my friend who will be in Denver, but he's up in the air at the moment. Provided that falls through, I'm happy to give the tickets to a Broncos fan from there at the boards.

I gave out my pre-season tickets the same way, and both Corywinget81 and Frenchy180 can attest that it's for real, and the seats are actually pretty darn good (PS - you two are NOT eligible to win this time)

Last time I said whoever PM'd me first - this time I want to make it a little more interesting - post a story about the first Broncos game memory here, and I'll PM the winner. Note - if you haven't seen a game live, post about the first time you remember watching them on TV. Or even read a box score in the paper.

If my friend ends up taking the tickets, I'll make sure that whoever I choose will be first up to receive my tix to the next game I can't make this season.

ME!!

You da man SALTY!

oh....right...

They are great seats though.
    Did you ever see the thread I started about you?
    sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=192060
      sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

hah! totally missed that. thanks for the love though!

Comment

I cant tell you how old I was because I honestly do not remember but I was somewhere around 9 +/- years old. I remember watching the broncos game on my moms bed and I had the worst headache ever. It was a great broncos game, we were playing the cheifs I think. (you'll know the game in a minute) I seemed to feel good when we had the ball and bad when we didnt. Anyway with a few minutes left in the game Elway brought us back for the lead. With like under a minute left, Montana brought the chefs back for the win. RIght as they did that I threw up orange puke all, ALL, over my moms bed.

Now I am not saying that those were signs at all. But it is hard to ignore some of the things:
          - Felt good when we had the ball, bad when we didnt.
          -I threw up right as we lost at the end of the game. (turned out I had the flu-and missed school the next couple days)
          -My puke was orange

I did not piss blue to go with my orange puke but it would have been sweet now that I look back.

Anyway- kind of a sad tale but that is my earliest memory of a bronco game that I wanted to watch because i was a fan and not because my dad or someone had me watch it with them. We lost and I was sick. Still a great game though.
          So far:
          FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
          1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

Oops, I didn't read the post.

First Broncos memory... That was back in the Pre Elway days when my cousins came from Meeker to Fl. I was a Rams fan back then, but I'm going to go off rules here, and post a story about my first experience watching the Broncos with an entire room full of Broncos fans.

In 1996, my folks and I bought a restaurant in Cody, WY.

The restaurant was divided in two, so we made one side into a family dining area, called "The Black Sheep Restaurant"

On the other side was a small bar area which we remade into "Gib's Sports Pub," which at the time was Cody's only REAL Sports Bar.

We called it "Gib's" after my Granddad, Gilbert Reddick.

Gilbert grew up homesteading near Norwood, then after WWII, he and his family moved to Rangely and thereabouts.

Grandad was a diehard Broncos fan for as long as I can remember, and whenever they'd visit us in FL during the winter, we all watched the games together.

In his later years, he developed diabetes, so his eyes weren't so hot, but still he'd watch, his nose just a few inches away from the television.

Unfortunately, he died before he got to see all those years of Super Bowl futility come to an end.

But I did remember him when we bought the restaurant, and it was my idea to name the Sports Bar side after him, even though he was a complete teetotaler.

That first year we had the bar, of course, the Packers beat the Pats in SB XXXI, played on Jan 26th, 1997, and although we had a good crowd, it wasn't anything compared to SB XXXII.

By then, we were an established Sports Bar, we even had Bum Phillips in the first season. He was tooling around Yellowstone in a hell of an impressive RV, and his son Wade was making his first appearance as Buffalo's head coach. He was asking around about where he could watch the game and ended up at our place. Pretty cool.

Anyway, of course, the next year was finally the year Elway fulfilled his promise and the dream of Broncos fans everywhere by winning what would be the first of two consecutive Super Bowls.

Cody has quite a few Green Bay fans, but I think just about every one was happy for Elway & Co.

I remember one guy, a regular, but someone I didn't particularly like. He was actually crying. Not sobbing, just a few tears, which I thought was a bit much, until I realized he was remembering his dad, who had passed a couple years earlier, and who was every bit as much of a Broncos fan as my Granddad, Gib.

For a few moments, I actually kind of felt close to the guy.

A few months later, him and his brother smashed the place up pretty good, though, and I really enjoyed booting him out, but that's another story.

Comment

I was about 9 or 10 years old when I went to my first game against the Kansas City Chiefs where we went 13-0. Shannon Sharpe had a spectacular catch for the go ahead score. I remember going with my moms best friend and being so nervous and shy around her that I would barely speak. By the end of the game I had no voice and knew it was a special year!!!!

A few weeks later I went to the Seahawks game where TD got 2000 in a season. After that, I didnt attend another game until 2009 where we beat the Pats to go 6-0.

EDIT: My VERY FIRST Broncos memory was the 96 Playoff game. Even though we lost, that game turned me orange and blue :0
              Last edited by VenomousDB; 10-07-2011, 12:45 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

additional note - for consideration, you have to reply today. I'll read tomorrow morning and notify the winner.

Good luck fellas (and ladies)

Comment

This One's for JOHN!

Finally a post worth replying to

I'm a long time reader but I've never really posted anything. Usually everyone is super quick
                  with news stories and tweets so I just read.

==================
                  My first Broncos game was awesome although they lost

I grew up in Kansas and I absolutely hate the Chiefs, I liked it when my parents took me to see
                  my cousins in Colorado and I at least got to see the stadium the REAL Mile High Stadium but they never could afford to take me to a game.

When I was 14 I helped a farmer out during the summer harvest and saved some money and bought myself a ticket for the Monday night season opener. My parents put me in a Grayhound bus and my uncle picked me up in Denver.

It was Brian Griese's first start. The Broncos played agains the Dolphins. Denver got blown out 38-21 but it was still a great experience. I was amazed by the size of the players. I remember seeing Bill Romanowski during warmups, he looked huge. The half time show was pretty cool. They had a tribute to John Elway and they unveiled his name on the ring of fame.

I always like to tell the following story to all my friends. When I first got to my seat there was a woman sitting in my spot, I showed her the ticket and asked her to move, she said that I could have her seat down the row because she wanted to sit with her friends. I reluctantly agreed. A few minutes later a couple of guys show up and sit next to me, the guy that was sitting right next to me was none other than Peter Forsberg, so I got to meet him and chat with him for a while. So the whole trading seats worked out pretty well for me.

The final highlight of my evening was after the game. I was using the urinals and this Dolphins fan walks in and starts talking trash. He spit on the back of a Broncos fan's jacket that was also indisposed. While I was washing my hands I heard "DUDE YOU SPIT ON MY JACKET". When I walked out of the restroom the Fin's fan was getting his @$$ whooped.

Anyways that's the story of my first Broncos game. It was a great time, I'm hoping to make it back out to Denver sometime soon and hopefully have some more awesome stories to tell.

Comment

Originally posted by dslam24 View Post
                    Finally a post worth replying to

I'm a long time reader but I've never really posted anything. Usually everyone is super quick
                    with news stories and tweets so I just read.

==================
                    My first Broncos game was awesome although they lost

I grew up in Kansas and I absolutely hate the Chiefs, I liked it when my parents took me to see
                    my cousins in Colorado and I at least got to see the stadium the REAL Mile High Stadium but they never could afford to take me to a game.

When I was 14 I helped a farmer out during the summer harvest and saved some money and bought myself a ticket for the Monday night season opener. My parents put me in a Grayhound bus and my uncle picked me up in Denver.

It was Brian Griese's first start. The Broncos played agains the Dolphins. Denver got blown out 38-21 but it was still a great experience. I was amazed by the size of the players. I remember seeing Bill Romanowski during warmups, he looked huge. The half time show was pretty cool. They had a tribute to John Elway and they unveiled his name on the ring of fame.

I always like to tell the following story to all my friends. When I first got to my seat there was a woman sitting in my spot, I showed her the ticket and asked her to move, she said that I could have her seat down the row because she wanted to sit with her friends. I reluctantly agreed. A few minutes later a couple of guys show up and sit next to me, the guy that was sitting right next to me was none other than Peter Forsberg, so I got to meet him and chat with him for a while. So the whole trading seats worked out pretty well for me.

The final highlight of my evening was after the game. I was using the urinals and this Dolphins fan walks in and starts talking trash. He spit on the back of a Broncos fan's jacket that was also indisposed. While I was washing my hands I heard "DUDE YOU SPIT ON MY JACKET". When I walked out of the restroom the Fin's fan was getting his @$$ whooped.

Anyways that's the story of my first Broncos game. It was a great time, I'm hoping to make it back out to Denver sometime soon and hopefully have some more awesome stories to tell.

aw man!!! Thats sooooo cool you got to meet fopa! I modeled my hockey game after his. Wow, watching the broncos and talking with Peter. That is like a dream come true.

I hate you now.
                    (because im insanely jealous)
                    So far:

Comment

I've only been to one live game so far. That was in Denver, during December 2009 against the Raiders. I remember being as cold as ****, but excited watching the players get carted into the stadium from the parking lot. I watched Brandon Marshall during warm-ups seeing as he had just come off of the 21 catch game against the Colts.

The game started out very well for the Broncos. I believe Charlie Frye started at quarterback and Champ Bailey intercepted a pass in the first quarter.

The offense still had trouble pushing it into the end zone though, and Denver settled for a field goal.

Michael Bush had a big game and really did most of the damage. Frye was injured and forced JaWalrus Russel into the game, and he ended up driving for the go ahead touchdown. It was a disappointing ending, but I enjoyed the overall experience.

On a positive note, we were seated at the end of the stadium that produced a defensive goal line stand by Denver. All of the fans on the end of the stadium were going nuts when the Broncos shut the Raiders down on 4th down .

On a side note, I'm actually in Southern California and I was planning on attending the game anyways. I appreciate the opportunity, and I hope we get a lot of good Broncos memories on this post .

Comment

Simple but short. I grew up in cowboys territory, even carried helmets for danny white and troy aikman but I became a true bronco fan in 1986 when I got my first denver broncos pencil from a friends mother who went to school with jon elway. That pencil with the D and bronco head changed my life right then and there.

I was sold. Bronco fan for life!

Comment

I think you should donate them to a charity of your choice. mine would be Make a wish foundation, or some type or charity so that a kid can actually see a game. Those tickets would probably make them forget about what they are going through. Might make a kids day a little better. That is what i would do. No offense to anyone else those were all great stories.

Comment

Originally posted by kbeck81 View Post
                            I think you should donate them to a charity of you choice. mine would be Make a wish foundation, or some type or charity so that a kid can actually see a game. Those tickets would probably make them forget about what they are going through. Might make a kids day a little better. That is what i would do. No offense to anyone else those were all great stories.

Hey now.

If I win, I am taking my 5 year old. So a kid would get to go to his first game.

But alas, I think you might be right. My child does have some luxuries that most withing the charities do not. Send them to a charity!!
                            So far:

Comment

Mine is short sweet and to the point. Born in Denver, Raised in Northern Virginia. My first football memory was Jan 31, 1988. (I was 8) I don't really remember much from when I was that young, but I do remember staying up surrounded by family, all Redskins fans. Me there in my Broncos shirt so happy then so incredibly sad. I have been a Broncos fan every since...

as far as first game in person. It was that bitter cold game vs Seattle when we lost Al Wilson, Elam strained a hammy running, and Ernster ran out to punt without his helmet. Oh, and some tool started his first game at QB. That game sucked.

Well that's pretty much my two short stories.

Comment

Working...
                              X