Stopping the slump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stopping the slump

So, what's the answer to our current slump problem? Getting the lead early like we did with Atlanta is definitely important but I really think we've got to run the ball. For the first half, I don't care if we are behind, we should run on 1st and 2nd down and only pass on 3rd as neccessary. By committing to our strength (the run) it will force them to put 8-9 guys in the box which will make converting 3rd downs easier and should spring Lelie and Rod for throws downfield. The Texan's D is decent against the pass but not good against the run. Keeping Carr and Johnson off the field as much as possible by eating clock and keeping our defense fresh should be the keys to success. I think if Shanny comes out trying to throw down the field right away again we'll be in for a long day.

i say we need to win some football games to end our "slump"... what does everyone else think?

Comment

Originally posted by chupa
      i say we need to win some football games to end our "slump"... what does everyone else think?

Great logic, wished I would have thought it up!

Comment

[QUOTE=chupa]i say we need to win some football games to end our "slump"... what does everyone else think?

[/

If you came up with that by yourself then I think everyone else is thinking more than you. One more thing,DUHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Comment

I think that most every team has a slump of sorts during the course of a season. We happen to be in ours. Some teams find the entire season is their slump (IE Raiders, Cardinals and Bengals).

A couple of losses in a row does tend to sting a little bit and causes panic buttons to get pushed.

We should rebound big against Houston and get back in the win column.

KEEP THE FAITH!

GO BRONCOS!!
          :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

on defense: Get pressure on the QB, it all starts @ the LOS™

on offense: Less penalties and holding by the o-line. Without that we may actually have seen 25+ carries out of Reuben last week.®
            This space for rent

Comment

hopefully the penalties wont kill us again...
              The Denver Broncos - 6 Time AFC Champions ('77, '86, '87, '89, '97, '98)

2 Time NFL Champions ('97, '98)

Stomping on the Competition since 1960.

Comment

Originally posted by CONative2291984
                hopefully the penalties wont kill us again...
                This is a HUGE key to every game. Keep the laundry off the field and in their pockets!
                :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

The penalties are the most important thing!
                  sigpic
                  AMPIPE

Comment

Do not hold your breath ending the slump with HOU, they have a pretty decent team. Carr has 4 different receivers withh 200 yards or more he is the 2-3rd rated Qb in the league. D Davis is pretty good RB.

HOU defense is pretty good, if I remember correctly they have a really good rookie DT, have 4 great LB's and a YOUNG but good pair of CB's.

They practice against and zone blocking O-line every day.

They have pretty good young coach.

This should be a dog fight, hope our guys are not looking towards a bye week more than playing football. Remember we played them in the preseason also and what happened then.

Comment

Is Walls now starting over Herndon?

I hope so, as Herndon has given up the big play quite a bit this year and Houston's receiving corps is a pretty good group. Granted, the passes Vick hit Price with were pinpoint, he has been burned badly atleast 2 times a game. Containing their passing game which seems to be their strength would force them to run and Davis is only averaging around 3.0 ypc. If we can do that, we got ourselves a "Dubya".

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMMERFAN16
                        I hope so, as Herndon has given up the big play quite a bit this year and Houston's receiving corps is a pretty good group. Granted, the passes Vick hit Price with were pinpoint, he has been burned badly atleast 2 times a game. Containing their passing game which seems to be their strength would force them to run and Davis is only averaging around 3.0 ypc. If we can do that, we got ourselves a "Dubya".
                        He is only averaging 3 because their game is pass to ball, running keeps the pass rush honest by running the ball every so often. Carr is relatively mobile and can get a few extra seconds by moving in the pocket. Saw it on Playbook (NFL network direct TV) last night he really throws bullets and can go through the progressions well.

Davis is a great runner that they just have not had to use.

Comment

Originally posted by Jrhampton
                          He is only averaging 3 because their game is pass to ball, running keeps the pass rush honest by running the ball every so often. Carr is relatively mobile and can get a few extra seconds by moving in the pocket. Saw it on Playbook (NFL network direct TV) last night he really throws bullets and can go through the progressions well.

Davis is a great runner that they just have not had to use.
                          Domanick Davis has also been hurt with a nagging ankle injury, otherwise their 2nd and 3rd stringers would not have gotten as many reps in the last few weeks™
                          This space for rent

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMMERFAN16
                            Herndon is playing well. He got beat a couple of times against atlanta, but look at the situation. No pass rush and no help over the top. You know that outside of Champ our corners need help over the top, not to mention some pressure on the passer. Walls may or may not be better than Herndon, but he will need the rest of the defense to step up to be effective.

Comment

Originally posted by Jrhampton
                              Do not hold your breath ending the slump with HOU, they have a pretty decent team. Carr has 4 different receivers withh 200 yards or more he is the 2-3rd rated Qb in the league. D Davis is pretty good RB.

HOU defense is pretty good, if I remember correctly they have a really good rookie DT, have 4 great LB's and a YOUNG but good pair of CB's.

They practice against and zone blocking O-line every day.

They have pretty good young coach.

This should be a dog fight, hope our guys are not looking towards a bye week more than playing football. Remember we played them in the preseason also and what happened then.
                              I agree with you Jrhampton...but the Texans do not have a rookie DT, we signed the Titans DT Robaire Smith to play DE in our 3-4 defense. Our rookies are Dunta Robinson (CB-leads the team with 3 INT's), and Jason Babin (OLB).

If you guys haven't seen this...here is a good matchup graph that the Houston Texans website puts up. It details each individual on offense and defense for both squads. Its very informative in learining about your opponent:
                              Texans/Broncos Matchup Graph Page
                              Last edited by TEXANS84; 11-05-2004, 10:30 AM.
                              <-- Confused?

Wanna see a Raider getting De-Cleated? Click Here:De-Cleater

Comment

Working...
                              X