Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tim Tebow Inaccurate? PUH-LEASE

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Tim Tebow Inaccurate? PUH-LEASE

    Some of the naysayers have been commenting on how Tebow can't throw and his accuracy is sub-par. This doesn't surprise me at all that people forget what he did in college cause, "Its not the NFL", however they are quick to crown QBs like Bradford(not saying he is bad but unproven and looking good in STL)

    What would you say about a QB that had these stats for his college career?

    GP QB Att Com % Yds TD INT Sack R.Att Yds TD
    2007 13 172.5 350 234 66.9 3286 32 6 13 210 895 23
    2008 14 172.4 298 192 64.4 2747 30 4 15 176 673 12
    2009 14 155.6 304 213 70.1 2895 21 5 25 217 910 14

    Notice the Rating and completion percentage...Pretty accurate QB huh? Guess what these are Tebow's stats.

    He has accuracy he just needs the reps. You just don't discount a player's college career as "This ain't the NFL". I still don't get why he would get the stigma of being inaccurate.
    Manning to Thomas ev'ry day, all day.

  • #2
    I love Tebow, but he's been very inacurate throughout his NFL career. 50% last year, 40% last week. Still want him starting under center though.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post
      I love Tebow, but he's been very inacurate throughout his NFL career. 50% last year, 40% last week. Still want him starting under center though.
      He just needs the reps I am sure of it.
      Manning to Thomas ev'ry day, all day.

      Comment


      • #4
        Something that is noticeable about Tebow that will need to improve is not just his mechanics but his mechanics under pressure or when things break down and he attempts to make a throw ... He lifts his foot and the way he turns his body as if he is just chucking it up...It almost looks like the gl jump pass ...

        He just needs time and a OC that dial's things up for him to succeed while he is getting the speed of the game down ...

        Right now Tebow is not very accurate ... That's not knocking him or saying that he can't that's just not painting him for more then what he is at this time ...
        Last edited by LarryDean; 10-10-2011, 05:18 PM.
        :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo:

        Comment


        • #5
          You can't compare college to the NFL.

          JaMarcus Russell was a college super-star. Would you call him accurate?
          What about Jimmy Clausen?
          What about Matt Leinart?
          What about ________?

          Do you get my point?
          sigpic

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by fanbroncos View Post
            You can't compare college to the NFL.

            JaMarcus Russell was a college super-star. Would you call him accurate?
            What about Jimmy Clausen?
            What about Matt Leinart?
            What about ________?

            Do you get my point?
            This....

            Its college... this is NFL...

            his completion % is sub 50% i think... thats not very good.

            He IS inaccurate... right now.

            Comment


            • #7
              Graham Harrel, Colt Brennan, Tim Couch ... let's get all the college all stars. I swear they just need reps. This Tebow love is ridiculous ....

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post
                I love Tebow, but he's been very inacurate throughout his NFL career. 50% last year, 40% last week. Still want him starting under center though.
                But when he throws for a high percentage, we're told that's not what is meant by accuracy. When he throws for a low percentage, it's used as evidence of inaccuracy.

                Orton has rarely been out of the 50's in percentage in his career, but it's not cited as evidence of inaccuracy.

                Most of Tebow's throws that are off the mark display lack of rhythm and foot placement. When he gets a good one off, it's usually on target.

                Some guys are genuinely plagued with accuracy problems -- they throw it with what looks like perfect balance and form, and it just doesn't go where they wanted.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Jay3 View Post
                  But when he throws for a high percentage, we're told that's not what is meant by accuracy. When he throws for a low percentage, it's used as evidence of inaccuracy.

                  Orton has rarely been out of the 50's in percentage in his career, but it's not cited as evidence of inaccuracy.

                  Most of Tebow's throws that are off the mark display lack of rhythm and foot placement. When he gets a good one off, it's usually on target.

                  Some guys are genuinely plagued with accuracy problems -- they throw it with what looks like perfect balance and form, and it just doesn't go where they wanted.
                  Doesn't matter the reason, do you admit that at least RIGHT NOW, tebow is inaccurate? As a QB in the NFL, he is inaccurate.

                  "if he does X" doesn't matter... he's inaccurate right now.

                  This is a RIGHT NOW league... :paper:

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Accuracy in the NFL is paramount. Ball placement related to coverage schemes is required or you will get intercepted or get a receiver killed. Tebow can make throws to the sideline or deep but can he fit the ball into tight windows? During the pre-season he often led receivers in to the coverage/defender and he will have to improve in this area. He also must be able to take the under center snap cleanly-was mostly gun in college. We will see soon.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Ive noticed he doesn't use the checkdown too often and would rather lay it up in the air than get an easy conpletion but only for a few yards gain. That's why he hasn't had a very good completion percentage but still a good QB rating. He is a playmaker, case and point. And it seems to work.

                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Completion % a side right now Tim Tebow is an innacurate thrower of the football. It is that simple.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post
                          I love Tebow, but he's been very inacurate throughout his NFL career. 50% last year, 40% last week. Still want him starting under center though.
                          Preseason, at least a bigger sample size:
                          20 of 31 for 64.5% and 310 yards

                          I think Tebow will be a 60% passer over his career.

                          Time for dinner, would elaborate more.
                          On Tebow: After a dismal 1-4 start to this season. "I've never seen a human who can will himself to win like that"
                          Von Miller 11.27.2011

                          “Tebow is a special kind of a player; I’ve never seen a player like him in my whole career”
                          Champ Bailey said on “NFL Total Access”


                          "As a math guy, I would say that Tebow has a high trajectory by linear extrapolation, don't you think?"

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by MorenoFan27 View Post
                            Graham Harrel, Colt Brennan, Tim Couch ... let's get all the college all stars. I swear they just need reps. This Tebow love is ridiculous ....
                            Yeah, because wanting to see our 1st-round QB play is so bad, unless you would rather watch Orton play the rest of the season?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
                              Yeah, because wanting to see our 1st-round QB play is so bad, unless you would rather watch Orton play the rest of the season?
                              I'm pretty sure he's saying that tebow isn't as good as you guys think he is right now... and not that we should waive him and sign weber from the PS...


                              its not "Either your with us or you're against us."

                              Have a little patience and then you can smack talk about your precious tebow

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X