No announcement yet.

Elway Rookie Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow.. it's like Elway and Deberg were being sacked every play... What a terrible offensive line. Trade them all!!
    Last edited by BroncoFanBoy; 10-14-2011, 01:48 PM.
    sigpic

2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
    Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

Comment

Damn that look like Orton out there....HEHE

Comment

Is this video in 1080p?

R.I.P. Darrent Williams, Damian Nash, Kenny McKinley

Comment

Originally posted by on2 View Post
          And I watched with a huge grin on my face forgetting that Elway got to play with so many legendary Orange Crushers.

Obviously Elway can't throw the ball. He can't read defenses, he's immobile, he panic's and throws wounded ducks in desperation.

No future.

Rich Carlis was our kicker. One time he insulted offensive linemen and they duct taped him to the goal post and left him there.

I believe that was the viking linemen that did that did that and its was do to his wife calling them slobs not him
          My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

Originally posted by demonicbroncos View Post
            Man I need to pull out a history book to know who is who. I only know a few names in that team.
            This is the team I grew up with. I knew every player and their number.

Paul Howard #60 was a friend of mines dad and Greek's Son was in our graduating class at A-West.

We used to practice in the Bronco Bubble when it got cold because of our Broncos ties.

It was a smaller world back then.

sigpic
            \

Comment

Originally posted by ohiotebow View Post
              Yikes. Good thing he didn't get his start in the league in the 24 hour news cycle culture we live in today, he'd have never gotten a chance.
              Yep. I think that's the point. Did you see Elway miss that wide open receiver? Yeesh. He has no accuracy.

He'll never make it.

Comment

Originally posted by on2 View Post
                And I watched with a huge grin on my face forgetting that Elway got to play with so many legendary Orange Crushers.

Obviously Elway can't throw the ball. He can't read defenses, he's immobile, he panic's and throws wounded ducks in desperation.

No future.

Rich Carlis was our kicker. One time he insulted offensive linemen and they duct taped him to the goal post and left him there.
                I remember that. Actually, it was his wife who insulted the O-linemen. It was during his short time with the Minnesota Vikings.

Comment

Yikes. Good thing he didn't get his start in the league in the 24 hour news cycle culture we live in today, he'd have never gotten a chance.

Elway was twice the media focal point that Tebow has been. He was the most highly quarterback to ever come out of college, and since him only Peyton Manning has even been in the same ballpark as far as hype.

You have no idea what you are talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncoholic JS View Post

What do you think now?
                    I don't understand the question. What do I think about what?
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by phaytal View Post

Elway was twice the media focal point that Tebow has been. He was the most highly quarterback to ever come out of college, and since him only Peyton Manning has even been in the same ballpark as far as hype.

You have no idea what you are talking about.
                      He looks way worse in that clip than Tebow has ever looked since he first set foot on an NFL field.

The point (which I got perfectly) of this thread was that you can't judge a QB's long term success by how he looks in his first year of playing.

All I'm implying is that, looking like that, Elway wouldn't have been on the field very long in today's NFL because neither the media nor the fans would have the patience to let him develop.

Comment

I think anybody who believes a rookie QB from 1984 and a second year QB from 2011 are comparable is totally delusional.
                        Bring Back ORANGE Sunday!!!

Tim Tebow combines the intensity of Ray Lewis with the throwing ability of... Ray Lewis.

"It is a damn poor mind indeed which can't think of at least two ways to spell any word."-Andrew Jackson

sigpic

Comment

It would do well for Elway to be reminded of his rookie year. That way his judgement of Tebow won't be so critical. Tebow in his first 3 starts out played Elway 3-1. It was not until game 12 that Elway started to show any promise. Of course you cant judge him by the Bears defense at the time. In "84" they had the #1 defense and rode through the SB with a sub par QB (McMan).
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Drzaius View Post
                            Oh I know Rich Carlis but the announcer said Rich Carlos.

Well it was funny to me anyway and isn't that all that really counts.
                            Actually the name was Karlis not Carlis, but I am sure that's what you meant

Comment

He looks way worse in that clip than Tebow has ever looked since he first set foot on an NFL field.

The point (which I got perfectly) of this thread was that you can't judge a QB's long term success by how he looks in his first year of playing.

All I'm implying is that, looking like that, Elway wouldn't have been on the field very long in today's NFL because neither the media nor the fans would have the patience to let him develop.
                              OOOHHHHHH, I get it now. Since Elway went on to be a HoF QB, Tebow will too. OK, thx
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FL BRONCO View Post
                                [/B]

I believe that was the viking linemen that did that did that and its was do to his wife calling them slobs not him
                                Nice. Thanks.

:thumb:

ArchAngel too.
                                Rhyme Time: Loose, Caboose. Lose, Boo's. Grieve, Peeve? Cat, Hat and all of that...

Comment

Working...
                                X