No announcement yet.

Elway Rookie Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Winder, Wilhite, and Sewell...those were the days when a stellar running back was hard to come by (at least for the Broncos) and first down was a run up the gut for two yards 90% of the time.

Nostalgia aside, the game has changed immensely in the past 25-30 years and I don't really think you can compare the players from yesteryear to those on the field today. However, I do agree that Elway needs to exercise some patience with Tebow and give the kid a chance to develop.

Someone alluded to it earlier, but this league (and it's fans) can be impatient and at times unwilling to cultivate raw talent, at least where the qb position is concerned. Everybody is always on the lookout for the next Montana, Marino, Elway, etc. and they expect these kids to come into the league and perform like superstars from the get go. It's a sign of the times I suppose, but they forget that many of the stars of old didn't necessarily start out so super.

Comment

So your saying that young quarterbacks need time to develop? Tebow WON'T get that opportunity from the Ortonites here I am afraid. He will have to produce immediately! Forget Orton has had 6+ years and that after that same amount of time Elway had been to the SB more than once but that is another rational trail that Ortonites won't want to go down. Tebow has a very short leash, hopefully he gets as much time as Orton had.
      It's not just football, its Broncos Football, there IS a difference!

God, why didn't I call Mr. Bowlen back?http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/h...kbl/jayjay.jpg

Comment

CANNOT agree with this comment more. Unfortunately it probably won't happen but I really hope it does.
        It's not just football, its Broncos Football, there IS a difference!

God, why didn't I call Mr. Bowlen back?http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/h...kbl/jayjay.jpg

Comment

Working...
        X