Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 32n33
    replied
    CANNOT agree with this comment more. Unfortunately it probably won't happen but I really hope it does.

Leave a comment:

• 32n33
    replied
    So your saying that young quarterbacks need time to develop? Tebow WON'T get that opportunity from the Ortonites here I am afraid. He will have to produce immediately! Forget Orton has had 6+ years and that after that same amount of time Elway had been to the SB more than once but that is another rational trail that Ortonites won't want to go down. Tebow has a very short leash, hopefully he gets as much time as Orton had.

Leave a comment:

• jbirdistheword
    replied
    Winder, Wilhite, and Sewell...those were the days when a stellar running back was hard to come by (at least for the Broncos) and first down was a run up the gut for two yards 90% of the time.

Nostalgia aside, the game has changed immensely in the past 25-30 years and I don't really think you can compare the players from yesteryear to those on the field today. However, I do agree that Elway needs to exercise some patience with Tebow and give the kid a chance to develop.

Someone alluded to it earlier, but this league (and it's fans) can be impatient and at times unwilling to cultivate raw talent, at least where the qb position is concerned. Everybody is always on the lookout for the next Montana, Marino, Elway, etc. and they expect these kids to come into the league and perform like superstars from the get go. It's a sign of the times I suppose, but they forget that many of the stars of old didn't necessarily start out so super.

Leave a comment:

• flosstein
    replied
    Boy KO plays as bad as a rookie Elway, lol!!!!! That looked like the Packer game.

Leave a comment:

• TT15Superman
    replied
    Originally posted by marktippins1981 View Post
    Elway was awful.

This league gives up on QBs too early. I still think JaBigAss Russell could have made it in the NFL.....

Even if Tebow sucks this year, we must stick with him for at LEAST one more year.
    Can't do it. If Tebow doesn't play well over the next 11, he's history.

This league is different than the league that Elway played in. It's a shotgun league now where mobile QBs are a premium, and Tebow has no business playing out of the gun or running out of the pocket.

Leave a comment:

• Doran
    replied
    I still think there is no basis for anyone to think Tebow can't be successful in the NFL. Far as I can tell the only point of issue they pin their strong emotionally based argument is the throwing mechanics "are wrong" .

Their logic ( and I hesitate to call it that) Seems to exclude that he has a number of attributes that mirror those of successful and even hall of fame QBs.

and mechanically speaking if you can complete multiple passes in an NFL game and throw 65+ yards ...even on the run...then theres nohing wrong with your mechanics. Reminds ms of what Abraham Lincoln said when asked how long a mans legs should be. Long enough to reach the ground.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoBreeder
    replied
    Karlis with a "K".

Elway was a "ROOKIE".

THE BEARS OF 1984 AND 1985 AGAINST A ROOKIE?
    Last edited by BroncoBreeder; 10-15-2011, 08:00 AM.

Leave a comment:

• marktippins1981
    replied
    Elway was awful.

This league gives up on QBs too early. I still think JaBigAss Russell could have made it in the NFL.....

Even if Tebow sucks this year, we must stick with him for at LEAST one more year.

Leave a comment:

• PAINTERDAVE
    replied
    Originally posted by broncolassiter View Post
    It would do well for Elway to be reminded of his rookie year. That way his judgement of Tebow won't be so critical. Tebow in his first 3 starts out played Elway 3-1. It was not until game 12 that Elway started to show any promise. Of course you cant judge him by the Bears defense at the time. In "84" they had the #1 defense and rode through the SB with a sub par QB (McMan).
    Yeah. That pick 6 he threw at 9 min... yikes.

John ought to revist this game clip... BEFORE he evaluates Tim.

Tebows 3 games last season look pretty dang good compared to this.

Leave a comment:

• Al Wilson 4 Mayor
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncoFanNC View Post
    I think the only Pro-Bowler on that offense besides Elway was Winder one year.

Otherwise Elway was it.

We got Clady and Lloyd, and plenty of other receiving threats, not to mention McGagee and Moreno.

Add in all the passing protection rules, and there is no point in trying to make a point in just vastly different times and teams.

400 yards is the new 300 as they said on NFL.com....
    Steve Watson led the league in receiving during either Elway's rookie or second year.

I don't know if Winder ever made a Pro-Bowl, but he and Willhite were a good tandum.

Leave a comment:

• Drzaius
    replied
    Originally posted by broncojuan View Post
    I think anybody who believes a rookie QB from 1984 and a second year QB from 2011 are comparable is totally delusional.
    LOL and why is that?

Leave a comment:

• on2
    replied
    Originally posted by Rollo View Post
    at 00:22 dude in no.52 name looked like Woodyard at a glance. scared me lol
    Yep. Ken Woodard. Forgot about that guy.

Leave a comment:

• Rollo
    replied
    at 00:22 dude in no.52 name looked like Woodyard at a glance. scared me lol

Leave a comment:

• Lumiere
    replied
    Originally posted by Doran View Post
    I think this solidifies the assertion that Tebow doubters have no basis for their point of view.

In fact, it renders their idea a completely nonsensical notion.
    John Elway was a highly coveted prospect...ergo, not too many scouts doubted his ability to succeed in the NFL.

Tebow - MANY MANY scouts doubt his ability to succeed in the NFL, and he was widely predicted to land in at least the second round of the draft. The comparison between the Elway prospect and the Tebow prospect is just stupid.

Tebow might succeed, that much is true...I still consider him a long-shot to be our franchise QB.

Leave a comment:

• Doran
    replied
    I think this solidifies the assertion that Tebow doubters have no basis for their point of view.

In fact, it renders their idea a completely nonsensical notion.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X