Bell Healthy Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bell Healthy Again

In the article on Pyrce there's also a paragraph on bell here's the link, but for all the lazy people I'll just quote it: http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.ph...4&storyID=3495

BELL BACK TO THE FIELD: Running back Tatum Bell returned to practice for the first time since pulling his hamstring nine days ago, though his action at the Wednesday afternoon session was limited.

"He had a few reps today, but his hamstring's still a little bit tight," Shanahan said. "We didn't want to push it too hard."

Bell is officially listed as questionable on the injury report. He was doubtful all last week before being deactivated for Sunday's loss to the Falcons.
    Now that bell is back on the field maybe shanahan will begin to work this guy into the system and get him some more carries.
    sigpic
    PSN & XBL: Vicious2500
    You Shed Tears of Scarlet

Originally posted by vicious2500
    In the article on Pyrce there's also a paragraph on bell here's the link, but for all the lazy people I'll just quote it: http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.ph...4&storyID=3495

Now that bell is back on the field maybe shanahan will begin to work this guy into the system and get him some more carries.
    Both Bell and Hearst can be as healthy as Charles Atlas and the stubborn Shanahan will still give Reuben 90% of the carries.

Comment

Originally posted by ProgMatinee
      Both Bell and Hearst can be as healthy as Charles Atlas and the stubborn Shanahan will still give Reuben 90% of the carries.
      yep. It was the same with Griffin earlier in the season...
      The Denver Broncos - 6 Time AFC Champions ('77, '86, '87, '89, '97, '98)

2 Time NFL Champions ('97, '98)

Stomping on the Competition since 1960.

Comment

I think Mike should give Ruben the carries. If it's not broke don't fix it. The only reason he didn't have another big game last Sunday was because he didn't get the ball like he should have.

Don't get me wrong, I am as excited as you all are about Bell, but it just doesn't seem like it's his year. I say take it slow and get him healthy. But then again you never know if (God forbid) Ruben goes down and Bell has to step in. That's worst case for me. I say save him as much as we can. Let Ruben do that power run thing that he showed the first three games he got the ball.

Bell should be great, and I can't wait to see it, but it just doesn't seem like the right time... to me anyway. Then again, that's why I'm not the coach!

Comment

So this is a bad thing? RD has had some big games in his few starts so I say stick with him for now.

But your point of Bell getting more carries is valid. He needs to get some touches to gain confidence and experience. Remember Bell is a rookie and was chosen to be our future back. His day will come. Let's all just hope he is up for the challenge and becomes the star we all want/need him to be.
          :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

it is the right time, you use ruben to pound the ball then use bell to run with speed outside. Is that such a bad idea? That kind of running attack landed Carolina in the superbowl.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncosboyeee
              I think Mike should give Ruben the carries. If it's not broke don't fix it. The only reason he didn't have another big game last Sunday was because he didn't get the ball like he should have.
              AND

Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69
              So this is a bad thing? RD has had some big games in his few starts so I say stick with him for now.

The point is that if you want players to remain both healthy and consistant as well as offer an offense that isn't completely predictable, you need to utilize your bench. Especially since we have (what I have always perceived as) a strong RB bench.

As an example:
              Hearst is one of the best receiving RBs in the league. If you want to put the defense off balance you can utilize that. Obviously, to pull this off successfully Hearst can't just go in on passing plays because the defenses would catch on mighy quick. So that means you need to run him as well. And why not? He was good enough for over 700 yards last year.

Bell on the other hand is a young guy who can offer you his speed and from what I hear has good power too.

And then of course is the benefit of giving Reuben a breather. You can't go on giving guys 30+ carries a game without expecting them to get hurt or burned out.

My problem with Shanny is that he focuses on one guy too much. Q was good enough to start for 3 weeks and then all of a sudden he wasn't good enough to get 3 carries a game?

Bell was good enough to use a 2nd round pick on, but not good enough to give him 2 carries a game?

Hearst was good enough to bring in as a free agent and yet he's not good enough to even dress for half of our games?

Masterminds don't act like that.

Comment

i agree totaly Prog, Shanny doesnt use them because he is dumb or stubborn.

Comment

The question is can Bell stay healthy, or is he the Jason Sehorn of the backfield?™
                  This space for rent

Comment

My problem with Shanny is that he focuses on one guy too much. Q was good enough to start for 3 weeks and then all of a sudden he wasn't good enough to get 3 carries a game?

Bell was good enough to use a 2nd round pick on, but not good enough to give him 2 carries a game?

Hearst was good enough to bring in as a free agent and yet he's not good enough to even dress for half of our games?

Masterminds don't act like that.
                    This opens the whole "run by committee" idea that most people around here hated. I think RD should remain in the top spot but using Hearst and Bell during the game is not a bad idea at all. This whole topic is a 50/50 scenario with me.

I just want to WIN!
                    :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69
                      This opens the whole "run by committee" idea that most people around here hated. I think RD should remain in the top spot but using Hearst and Bell during the game is not a bad idea at all. This whole topic is a 50/50 scenario with me.

I just want to WIN!
                      Me too.

Just imagine what we had toward the end of training camp:

Quentin Griffin
                      Mike Anderson
                      Garrison Hearst
                      Tatum Bell
                      (of course at that time, no one even considered Reuben as anything but fullback)

Nobody can tell me that that is anything short of the deepest running back corps in the NFL....yet even from the start it wasn't utilized.

Now cross off the top two guys on the depth chart, add Reuben and we're still over working one guy? What will happen when Reuben gets hurt? Go with Hearst or Bell for 30 carries a game?

Comment

Originally posted by PrimeTime2479
                        Hopefully! But the fact still remains that the kid is injury prone, so dont get your hopes up to high just yet!
                        Bell IS NOT INJURY PRONE. He hit his hand on someone's helmet and broke his finger like alot of QBs do, got hurt ribs(cartilage) like alot of RB do(Travis Henry) and now has a sore hammy like A TON of NFL players do. If anything the kid just has bad luck, and it's someone's way of telling him he shouldn't have held out of camp.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMMERFAN16
                          Bell IS NOT INJURY PRONE. He hit his hand on someone's helmet and broke his finger like alot of QBs do, got hurt ribs(cartilage) like alot of RB do(Travis Henry) and now has a sore hammy like A TON of NFL players do. If anything the kid just has bad luck, and it's someone's way of telling him he shouldn't have held out of camp.

Quit holding his jock......

He IS injury prone......exactly how many games has he played compared to his injuries? Hell, he gets injured in practice.......what's going to happen when he REALLY gets whacked.

And as far as when tater will see the field.....

...when Shanny thinks he's among the 53 best players.....
                          "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
                          tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
                          men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rcsodak
                            Quit holding his jock......

He IS injury prone......exactly how many games has he played compared to his injuries? Hell, he gets injured in practice.......what's going to happen when he REALLY gets whacked.

And as far as when tater will see the field.....

...when Shanny thinks he's among the 53 best players.....
                            Griffin seems to be injury prone to me as well.....two seasons in a row he's been injured and this time, he's out.

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
                            2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Comment

Droughns & Tatum

I think that Ruben is a really powerful runner but not that elusive not sure if I spelled it correctly but anyway Tatum if healthy I feel can bring alot more to the table #1 Speed to get to outside. #2 Explosiveness through the middle #3 Elusiveness. Don't get me wrong I like Ruben getting his shot and he has done great for us so far but I agree I think we need to mix in Tatum
                              alot more by giving him about 15-20 touches a game as long as he stays healthy.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X