Kyle Orton HAS NOT requested trade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kyle Orton HAS NOT requested trade

According to Vic Lombardi of CBS 4, Kyle Orton has not requested a trade and will address the media about this issue tomorrow. Evidently he was unaware that these rumors were even circulating. For more Broncos information, follow @VicLombardi on Twitter. 15 minutes ago via BlackBerry

Adopted Posters - Broncoholic MS, thatkidhunt, Al Wilson 4 Mayor, Thors Hammer, McSmashie, CanDB, Peanut, BroncoManiac_69, MightyHorse, CHARGER$, Chillez, EddieMac
    Married Megan Joy on August 18th, 2013
    Proud Daddy of Jeremiah James born February 24, 2011

Adopt-A-Bronco 2013 - Champ Bailey
    Yankees, Rockies, Nuggets, Avalanche, CU Buffs
    I still miss you Jake Plummer!

sigpic

I thought it was kind of strange. He is not really in a position to request anything. He was benched.

Comment

Originally posted by theognj View Post
      I thought it was kind of strange. He is not really in a position to request anything. He was benched.
      Wouldnt that be the best time to request a trade? So he can go on and start somewhere else?

Comment

Yeah, from what I was heard he asked NOT to be traded, because of his newborn daughter.
        sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
          Yeah, from what I was heard he asked NOT to be traded, because of his newborn daughter.
          That makes sense.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KnoMo#27 View Post
            That makes sense.

And I'm sure Fox, Xanders, and Elway, all parents, understand.
            sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

If I was Kyle...

I would want the great job of getting paid millions to be a back up clipboard guy....
              for the next 3 months.

His whole future lies in front of him.

Free agency awaits.

Getting traded right now,
              thrown to the wolves mid season in his new city...
              that could be disasterous to his career.

He needs to go somewhere and impress them with
              his incredible ability to shine in practice, first.

Way too many variables...

I dont blame him for wanting a break from all the stress...
              He obviously does not handle stress well.
              - Go Broncos 2017 and Beyond! -

Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!

Comment

Originally posted by PAINTERDAVE View Post
                He obviously does not handle stress well.
                Name one QB that had been under the kind of pressure Orton has been under in the last ten to twenty years.
                sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

I agree. But if a team offered us something for him (don't see it happening but for arguments sake) I'm sure they would trade him in a second. They obviously respect him and his family, but this is a competitive business and they have to do what's best for the team. Why let him walk for nothing when you can get something? But none of this is an issue because I doubt anyone wants him, in all likelihood he will finish up the season on the bench.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncoholic JS View Post
                    According to Vic Lombardi of CBS 4, Kyle Orton has not requested a trade and will address the media about this issue tomorrow. Evidently he was unaware that these rumors were even circulating. For more Broncos information, follow @VicLombardi on Twitter. 15 minutes ago via BlackBerry
                    Darn. Thought we were finally rid of him.:paper:

Comment

Um if the front office is making decisions on whether to trade players or not based on them having newborn children, we're all in big trouble. If you can get value for him and shed his contract, you move him. I don't care if his wife just had Triplets; they have millions of dollars.. they can figure it out.
                      sigpic

@BlueNOrangeFTW

Comment

Name one QB that had been under the kind of pressure Orton has been under in the last ten to twenty years.
                        Jake Plummer in 2006

Comment

Jay Cutler, Chris Simms, Jake Plummer, Gus Ferotte, Brian Griese oh and Ingle Martin
                          Dumervil's Biggest Fan

Comment

Orton will never be an elite starting QB in this league. However, among backups he would be among the best in the league. Makes you appreciate talents like Brady, Manning and Brees that much more.
                            NFL Stadiums
                            MLB Ballparks

Comment

Originally posted by rusty_thomson View Post
                              Jay Cutler, Chris Simms, Jake Plummer, Gus Ferotte, Brian Griese oh and Ingle Martin
                              Ingle Martin doesn't get pressured..... Pressure gets Ingle Martin'ed

Comment

Working...
                              X