Tebow's ball protection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tebow's ball protection

I know Tebow needs to work on accuracy and reading blitzes and when to get rid of the ball but....

One thing I was thinking about is I don't see him forcing the ball into double coverage hardly at all. Now granted some would say well its because he can't throw it accurate enough lol....

But that being said, he doesnt seem to be making stupid decision with trying to gun the ball into small windows thus far. I seem to remember Mr Cutler doing that ALOT and I dont think he ever learned from it in Denver.

Seems like a positive to me.

Thoughts?

I absolutely agree + he doesn't lose HIS fumbles
    "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

I mean I know some of it is he is holding onto the ball too long, but I prefer that then trying to force it into coverage.

Comment

It's one of his strengths. He's obsessed with not throwing interceptions. He has an innate sense of playing the percentages.

It's one of the reasons he likes to take off running. He thinks he can get at least 2 or 3 yards, which significantly changes the percentage of success on the next play.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay3 View Post
          It's one of his strengths. He's obsessed with not throwing interceptions. He has an innate sense of playing the percentages.

It's one of the reasons he likes to take off running. He thinks he can get at least 2 or 3 yards, which significantly changes the percentage of success on the next play.
          That's what I like so much about his style of gameplay. With :orton: I was always worried about when that crucial INT would come during the game because he was playing so cautious. With Tebow lol he loves to bulldoze people out of his way!

Phantom Sack? What phantom Sack?

sigpic

"Maybe if he had an iron suit or a magic hammer...."

Comment

I've argued all year that we could at the very least run a ball control offense with him while he develops into a better pocket passer.
            sigpic
            Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

I thought this thread would be about the way he hangs onto the ball at waist level with 1 hand while running around the pocket. I agree he didn't make many bad decisions throwing the ball (other than the near pick-6), but he does need to work on protecting the ball in the pocket. He got lucky a couple times to hang onto the ball while being sacked.

Comment

It's a virtue but also part of his problem. Early in the game I think it keeps him from pulling the trigger. Later in game, he takes more chances making things happen. He admitted as much on The John Elway Show talking about the throw down the middle to Fells. He says he probably doesn't try that tight a throw early in the game. I think he needs to trust his freewheeling late game style a little more so he can use it throughout the game. This as much as anything is the reason he goes from looking a little rough to looking like Mr Clutch.

Comment

That is one reason we saw Tiim throw balls low in that San Diego second half...
                  he was making dang sure it was not picked off.

Same with some of his errent throws in Miami...
                  he did not just fling it up and put the ball in danger..
                  every time..
                  that ball sailed away from the defenders for sure.
                  - Go Broncos 2017 and Beyond! -

Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!

Comment

Sometimes, you have to be willing to put a dagger in someones belly. Being apprehensive on forcing the ball is not a virtue, its a hinderance.
                    sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Originally posted by Coach9 View Post
                      It's a virtue but also part of his problem. Early in the game I think it keeps him from pulling the trigger. Later in game, he takes more chances making things happen. He admitted as much on The John Elway Show talking about the throw down the middle to Fells. He says he probably doesn't try that tight a throw early in the game. I think he needs to trust his freewheeling late game style a little more so he can use it throughout the game. This as much as anything is the reason he goes from looking a little rough to looking like Mr Clutch.
                      good post.....

Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
                        Sometimes, you have to be willing to put a dagger in someones belly. Being apprehensive on forcing the ball is not a virtue, its a hinderance.
                        Yep.

It is definitly an area we will be watching for improvement...

in his 5th NFL start.

Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!

Comment

Originally posted by PAINTERDAVE View Post
                          Yep.

It is definitly an area we will be watching for improvement...

in his 5th NFL start.
                          I know of a certain 7th year player that has that same issue. It's something you have to shake early.
                          sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Originally posted by svpearson View Post
                            I know Tebow needs to work on accuracy and reading blitzes and when to get rid of the ball but....

One thing I was thinking about is I don't see him forcing the ball into double coverage hardly at all. Now granted some would say well its because he can't throw it accurate enough lol....

But that being said, he doesnt seem to be making stupid decision with trying to gun the ball into small windows thus far. I seem to remember Mr Cutler doing that ALOT and I dont think he ever learned from it in Denver.

Seems like a positive to me.

Thoughts?

RE: Tebow's Ball Protection: I'm no expert, but it seems pretty standard to me:

Comment

Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
                              I absolutely agree + he doesn't lose HIS fumbles
                              He turns into a nasty linebacker wanting to hit someone. A lot of quarterback don't have the presence to even get up and do something about it. Like "Oh no, what is happening ... there he goes"...
                              On Tebow: After a dismal 1-4 start to this season. "I've never seen a human who can will himself to win like that"
                              Von Miller 11.27.2011

“Tebow is a special kind of a player; I’ve never seen a player like him in my whole career”
                              Champ Bailey said on “NFL Total Access”

"As a math guy, I would say that Tebow has a high trajectory by linear extrapolation, don't you think?"

Comment

Working...
                              X