Tebow's ball protection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by phaytal View Post
    Why are you so stuck in the past. Tebow did this in college, Tebow did that last year. It is this year. The past means nothing. A mediocre quarterback with a 1-2 record and a 50% completion ratio dosent get a pass this year.

But by all means, drop a monster stat from Tebow's peewee days that will make me forget that he was absolutely terrible last week against a very bad Dolphins team, and his defense and special teams bailed him out of a piss poor performance.
    The better question is, why are you (and Tebow haters everywhere) so determined not to use Tebow's entire body of work - what he has already shown us - in making an objective evaluation of him?

Actually, it's more a statement than a question to you since I don't really expect you to come back with anything resembling a logical answer.

I can't count how many Tebow haters in the NFL/sports media have said in the last week and a half that what Tebow did in the last 3 games of last season doesn't matter. To hear them talk, last week against the Chargers are the first snaps he's ever taken as a starter in the NFL!

Comment

Originally posted by ohiotebow View Post
      The better question is, why are you (and Tebow haters everywhere) so determined not to use Tebow's entire body of work - what he has already shown us - in making an objective evaluation of him?

Actually, it's more a statement than a question to you since I don't really expect you to come back with anything resembling a logical answer.

I can't count how many Tebow haters in the NFL/sports media have said in the last week and a half that what Tebow did in the last 3 games of last season doesn't matter. To hear them talk, last week against the Chargers are the first snaps he's ever taken as a starter in the NFL!
      I find it hard to talk rationally with someone that actually believes that accurate passing and quarterback play is the same in college as it is in the NFL. That is just mind-bogglingly ignorant.

Right now Tim Tebow is the Denver Broncos quarterback, and if he continues to show, hesitation and a lack of confidence in the pocket, I want him gone. It has nothing to do anything other than football. If he sucks, I want him off my team. Period.

The worst part about last Sunday's performance, is that because hes too scared to make a mistake from the pocket, it is actually making him look a lot worse than he actually is.

Comment

I find it hard to talk rationally with someone that actually believes that accurate passing and quarterback play is the same in college as it is in the NFL. That is just mind-bogglingly ignorant.

Right now Tim Tebow is the Denver Broncos quarterback, and if he continues to show, hesitation and a lack of confidence in the pocket, I want him gone. It has nothing to do anything other than football. If he sucks, I want him off my team. Period.

The worst part about last Sunday's performance, is that because hes too scared to make a mistake from the pocket, it is actually making him look a lot worse than he actually is.
        3 starts last year in the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRob View Post
          Great Post. I believe turnovers are the worst thing a QB can do.

Slow Delivery? I can live with it.

Take a couple sacks? I can live with it.

50% completions? I can live with it.

2-3 Turnovers a game? Can't DO IT!!

So all the crack heads that tout Cam Newton to be golden sample of today's NFL just shock me.

How great really is it if you throw for 400 yards, have a completion percentage of 75%, but lose the game because you turn over the ball 3 times.
          I'd much prefer be in a close game with a quarterback that throws interceptions, rather than be blown out because our quarterback can't complete 50% of his passes.

Comment

Originally posted by Mortal View Post
            I'd much prefer be in a close game with a quarterback that throws interceptions, rather than be blown out because our quarterback can't complete 50% of his passes.
            What games have we been blown out of with Tebow as our QB???? The closest being his first start against the Raiders, who blew us out with Orton at QB. Tebow as kept us in the games so what does this post even refer to??

Adopted Broncos:
            (2011-2013) Eric Decker
            (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
            (2019-Current) Drew Lock
            Adopted posters:
            Everyone

Comment

Originally posted by #87Birdman View Post
              What games have we been blown out of with Tebow as our QB???? The closest being his first start against the Raiders, who blew us out with Orton at QB. Tebow as kept us in the games so what does this post even refer to??
              He wasnt directly referencing Tebow. No need to get your panties in a bunch. He is just echoing what I have been saying in this entire thread. Throwing picks as a young quarterback is not a bad thing, as long as that quarterback is making confident decisions and having faith in his ability to make those throws. I'll take that any day of the week over a guy that makes one read, tucks the ball and scrambles for 3 yards.

Comment

He wasnt directly referencing Tebow. No need to get your panties in a bunch. He is just echoing what I have been saying in this entire thread. Throwing picks as a young quarterback is not a bad thing, as long as that quarterback is making confident decisions and having faith in his ability to make those throws. I'll take that any day of the week over a guy that makes one read, tucks the ball and scrambles for 3 yards.
                I agree with you that Tebow need to stop being so indecisive and just throw the ball and if he throws an interception then you deal with it.

But I find the idea that you would have no problem with him throwing 3 picks hard to believe. Look to be called out if you ever complain about interceptions in the next few games.

Comment

Originally posted by -DenverBroncos- View Post
                  I agree with you that Tebow need to stop being so indecisive and just throw the ball and if he throws an interception then you deal with it.

But I find the idea that you would have no problem with him throwing 3 picks hard to believe. Look to be called out if you ever complain about interceptions in the next few games.
                  Keep in mind there is a big difference between throwing up a very bad pass, or a lame duck for a pick, and firing a decisive, confident throw down the field in to traffic. Of course I will critique the former, but if Tebow stands tall and steps up in the pocket to take a shot down the middle for 20 or 25 yards and it results in a pick, I would actually applaud it over him anything he did last week.

Comment

Keep in mind there is a big difference between throwing up a very bad pass, or a lame duck for a pick, and firing a decisive, confident throw down the field in to traffic. Of course I will critique the former, but if Tebow stands tall and steps up in the pocket to take a shot down the middle for 20 or 25 yards and it results in a pick, I would actually applaud it over him anything he did last week.
                    Yea I would applaud a pick over leading 2 scoring drives in under 5 minutes to /end sarcasm

Adopted Broncos:
                    (2011-2013) Eric Decker
                    (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
                    (2019-Current) Drew Lock
                    Adopted posters:
                    Everyone

Comment

Whats the difference between throwing an INT or throwing a decisive confident throw down the field into traffic ended up also with an INT? Tebow did throw an accurate, granted not a tight spiral, pass to Fell that resulted in a TD the play after.

But what do I know? Tebow can't throw for jack right? I dont know how we won the game either. I think it was a fluke (sarcasm)

Comment

Originally posted by lychyrychy View Post
                        Whats the difference between throwing an INT or throwing a decisive confident throw down the field into traffic ended up also with an INT? Tebow did throw an accurate, granted not a tight spiral, pass to Fell that resulted in a TD the play after.

But what do I know? Tebow can't throw for jack right? I dont know how we won the game either. I think it was a fluke (sarcasm)
                        Yes, he did. It was the only time last Sunday that he stepped up in the pocket, and delivered a strike down the field. I dont even care that it looked like a lame duck, and I wouldnt have cared if a pass like that was picked. Sure I would have been a bit disappointed that the Broncos would have lost, but at least it would have shown that there is a glimmer of a quarterback in there somewhere.

On that play, he made a decision, committed to it, and drilled the ball down the field. It just happens that he didnt do anything even remotely resembling that for 98% of the game.

Comment

Crickets...

All I hear is crickets.

Comment

Working...
                          X