Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos work out RBs Sutton, Omon

By MIKE KLIS

With Willis McGahee expected to miss at least the game against the Detroit Lions this Sunday, and maybe the following week’s game at Oakland, the Broncos are searching for running back depth.

The Broncos worked out Xavier Omon and Tyrell Sutton on Tuesday. Omon played for the Buffalo Bills in 2008-09, when his running backs coach was Eric Studesville, who now holds the same position with the Broncos. Omon has since bounced from the Seattle Seahawks to New York Jets San Francisco 49ers to most recently with the Cleveland Browns.

Sutton has played for the Green Bay Packers and the previous two years in Carolina, where his head coach was John Fox, who now holds the same position with the Broncos.

The team has not yet signed either back. The Broncos may promote Jeremiah Johnson from the practice squad Saturday for the game against the Lions.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/...medium=twitter
    Decimating the competition, leaving in the wake a blind ambition.

elecshoc
    You will be for ever known as the truth see-er

Just promote JJ. No reason to go out and sign someone when McGahee is out only 2 weeks tops (supposedly).
    Denver Broncos
    New York Yankees
    New York Knicks
    Colorado Avalanche

sigpic

Comment

Omon is a pretty good back. I played against him in college and the kid runs hard and would be a great addition to the team.
      sigpic

Comment

They need to promote JJ and let him get the feel for gameday. I don't think he's ready, but he needs to develop over the next year & this would go a long way.

Comment

Wish we grabbed Aaron Brown ...

Comment

Originally posted by B Real 15 View Post
            Omon is a pretty good back. I played against him in college and the kid runs hard and would be a great addition to the team.
            Where did you go to school? I attended NW and watched X run for four years, guy's very talented, I'd love to see him catch with Denver.

Comment

Get Hillis and lock him up. He wants ot of the Browns. We all know he is a big dude withthe size of a FB that can play RB and has the ability to catch the dump off. He doesn't have to be our #1 RB either, he can create great match-ups and also disguise formations (run/pass)

Imagine him and TT in the backfield. on 2 and 6. D would be guessing forever.

Comment

Bring up Jeremiah; he deserves a shot at a few snaps to see what he can do in a game. Moreno and Ball should be able to hold the fort down as the primary backs until McGahee comes back (provided that he's really only out for a week or two).

Comment

Originally posted by B Real 15 View Post

I had us taking him with a 5th or 6th round pick in my mock the year he came out. I would also like this kid on our squad. Solid, strong, fast, perfect for a ZBS...Would def like to see him here.
                  So far:
                  FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
                  1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

I've been a big fan of both these guys ever since they came out of college but I LOVED Omon coming out. GET THIS GUY. Sure, he may not make a huge impact but he can score some touchdowns. Omon led NCAA Division II with 2,337 rushing yards (6.3 per attempt) and a whopping 37 touchdowns in 2007, in the process becoming the first back in NCAA history to run for more than 1,500 yards in four different seasons.

Comment

Originally posted by underrated29 View Post
                      I had us taking him with a 5th or 6th round pick in my mock the year he came out. I would also like this kid on our squad. Solid, strong, fast, perfect for a ZBS...Would def like to see him here.
                      Same! Like this kid a bunch. Haven't seen much of him the nfl except for this past preseason tho

Comment

Originally posted by JerseyAdam View Post
                        Get Hillis and lock him up. He wants ot of the Browns. We all know he is a big dude withthe size of a FB that can play RB and has the ability to catch the dump off. He doesn't have to be our #1 RB either, he can create great match-ups and also disguise formations (run/pass)

Imagine him and TT in the backfield. on 2 and 6. D would be guessing forever.
                        Uhhh, trade deadline is over and Hillis will likely remain a Brown. The ship has sailed, let's move on...

Comment

Jeremiah Johnson is on the PS?

Comment

J.J. is the answer, we don't wanna get to happen the same with eron riley

Comment

Originally posted by kingelway7 View Post
                              Just promote JJ. No reason to go out and sign someone when McGahee is out only 2 weeks tops (supposedly).
                              And then what do you do with JJ when Willis comes back? You wanna risk him on the waiver wire???
                              Where is this season going?

Comment

Working...
                              X