Broncos work out RBs Sutton, Omon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yaz96 View Post
    And then what do you do with JJ when Willis comes back? You wanna risk him on the waiver wire???
    No, we'd have to release someone on the 53 if we promoted JJ, probably a backup OL or Unrein, someone like that.

Comment

I would like to see us pick John Clay off of Pittsburgh's practice squad.

We could use a power-back.
      sigpic

Comment

I want Jermiah Johnson too! I was freaking excited to see us pick up this guy and I want so bad for him to earn his place here. In college the dude was a force, I think he's got the skills to translate to the NFL. Put him in coach!

Comment

Originally posted by B Real 15 View Post
          Omon is a pretty good back. I played against him in college and the kid runs hard and would be a great addition to the team.
          that may be, seems his skill do not translate well to the pro-level nonetheless....

Comment

Give me Omon or sign Havili off philadelphia PS.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack-o-Lantern View Post
              I would like to see us pick John Clay off of Pittsburgh's practice squad.

We could use a power-back.
              Isn't Lance Ball a power back?

And then what do you do with JJ when Willis comes back? You wanna risk him on the waiver wire???
              Johnson is not safe on the PS anyway. A team can get him through waivers or sign him from the PS.

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
              No, we'd have to release someone on the 53 if we promoted JJ, probably a backup OL or Unrein, someone like that.
              I don't think the Broncos would release Unrein to keep a RB because the team only has 4 DTs.

The Broncos have 4 TEs, so Dante Rosario probably would be released.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post

Johnson is not safe on the PS anyway. A team can get him through waivers or sign him from the PS.

I don't think the Broncos would release Unrein to keep a RB because the team only has 4 DTs.

The Broncos have 4 TEs, so Dante Rosario probably would be released.
                Orrrr....we could release tht backup FB dude who has not seen any gametime at all...
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jgod654 View Post
                  Orrrr....we could release tht backup FB dude who has not seen any gametime at all...
                  Yeah, I forgot about him. Quinn Johnson. It could come down to impact on special teams.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
                    I guess, kinda sorta half way there..... I guess I would just prefer a power back that is 6'1" and 248 lbs. over a guy that is 5'9" and 215 lbs.

.....not to mention John Clay had a very productive career in college as a power runner(not knocking Ball's career). Sure he had his injuries, but I believe he is healthy now and it's not like we would have to give up anything to get him.
                    sigpic

Comment

If a team wants JJ they would have signed him off our PS by now because he's not safe there either.
                      sigpic

Comment

P/S fodder..bring on the Mountainman.

Comment

Ball, JJ, & KM should be able to do it. I wish we'd use Quinn Johnson, he's a monster, especially in short yardage/goal line situations
                          "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
                            Ball, JJ, & KM should be able to do it. I wish we'd use Quinn Johnson, he's a monster, especially in short yardage/goal line situations
                            We will get Quinn Johnson in there he's only been on the team 2 weeks learning the play book now I do agree with a earlier post we need another real power back and clay would be great!!!
                            A healthy Kenneth Dixon is a top 5 NFL RB.

Comment

Originally posted by crash123go View Post
                              We will get Quinn Johnson in there he's only been on the team 2 weeks learning the play book now I do agree with a earlier post we need another real power back and clay would be great!!!
                              I don't trust Clay. I don't trust any WI back, until they prove themselves in the NFL
                              "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

Somebody who knows the rules -- isn't there some kind of limitation on their ability to sign JJ from the practice squad and then put him back? Seems like there are some CBA provisions that restrain a teams ability to yank a guy up and down like that.

Comment

Working...
                                X