Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Matt Prater - Most Clutch Kicker in NFL History?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt Prater - Most Clutch Kicker in NFL History?

Well, maybe not quite. But the stats sure look like it.

Matt Prater, who kicked the 52-yard game-winning field goal in overtime against the Dolphins on Sunday, is the only player in NFL history (min. 6 att.) to have never missed a kick in the fourth quarter or overtime.
    Quoted from Denver Broncos FB page. Full Article

Prater is 22 of 22 in kick attempts in the 4th quarter and overtime in his career.

sigpic

Not even close

Comment

Originally posted by lolcopter View Post
      Not even close
      It obviously wasn't a serious question, only to draw topic views.

sigpic

Comment

Matt Prater for WINNER!
        sigpic
        2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

22-22??

I mean, there's obviously other people I'd trust to take a kick first, but wow. That's pretty clutch...until you realize that most of those 4th quarter kicks are probably in games we're getting crushed.
          Administrator

sigpic

Comment

Adam Vinatieri
            Decimating the competition, leaving in the wake a blind ambition.

elecshoc
            You will be for ever known as the truth see-er

Comment

Prater is very good, borderline great. He's gonna best Elam's 63 for us one day, I know it. He is showing to be an excellent follow up to the legend that was Elam. Just as Colquitt is to Rouen!!!
              #swapping

Comment

Prater is a beast. He hasn't been around long enough to be an all time great but by the end of his career, he will be in the conversation. 22/22 is ridiculous!!! I know he's good because of how shocked I was when he missed the first 2 on Sunday. I was sitting there speechless, like..."That didn't really just happen did it??" He is one of my favorite players on the team. Actually, I don't remember a time when I like our Kicker and punter as much as I do now??

Comment

It seems we are building a team of people that struggle in normal situations but rise to the top in clutch situations

Between that and the Cheesy Queso dip football has not been kind to my heart!

Comment

Watch, he is gonna shank one in the 4th Quarter on Sunday now
                    Denver Broncos
                    New York Yankees
                    New York Knicks
                    Colorado Avalanche

sigpic

Comment

Josh Scobee is master clutch.

Comment

Prater is good for sure. Sunday however was a bit of a poor day to factor in, given he was 0 for 2 going into OT, which could have easily been the reason we didn't win. He is not automatic like some kickers over the years, but he is fine by me.

Comment

When Prater starts making kicks to win playoff games and Superbowls, then he should be considered. Right now, Adam Vinatieri is the most clutch kicker.
                          sigpic

Comment

Nice to know Prater can be relied upon in the 4th qtr and OT. Those stats are amazing.

It bothers me he is inconsistant but I wonder if it is just a young kicker thing.

Elam had major issues with kicks 40-49 yards early in his career. iirc at one time his percentage 50+ was better then his percentage 40-49.

Problem with these kinds of things is missed fgs put your team in a bind later on.

Like others pointed out the game would have been allot easier down 15-6 instead of 15-0.
                            Let's Ride!

Comment

I think if he can keep that percentage at 100% or upper 90% and then kicks a clutch field goal in a meaningful game then people will start to recognize and talk about him.

Comment

Working...
                              X