Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walter just broke Elway's record

On a slightly different note.

Arizona State Sun Devil Andrew Walter just broke John Elway's record of most number of career TD's in the PAC 10. Elway had 77, tonight against Stanford, Walter is on 79 with 1 quarter still left. This guy broke Jake Plummer's record for 66 TD, which was the most by a Sun Devil, and now he has just broken the great Elway's record. This guy is gonna go far with his arm... a very good underrated draft option for a team looking for a QB. I have seen this guy throw in person, he can throw far...

Doesn't surprise me. More records are being broken this year in the NCAA than any other year I have seen.
    "Some people in this world make things happen, some people in this world know what happened, but most people wonder what happened."

Comment

yea id have a lot of passing tds too if i was in an air it out offense

Comment

it doesnt matter.... he wont win any SUPERBOWLS LIKE ELWAY WOOP!

Comment

unless he becomes a bronco WOOP

Comment

nope he wont win any super bowls and wont be on the broncos...3rd round pick AT BEST

Comment

Originally posted by Lynch Bailey247
              it doesnt matter.... he wont win any SUPERBOWLS LIKE ELWAY WOOP!
              I dont know man... he is not gonna get drafted in the first round because of Matt L and others, but whichever team gets him will be successfull... the guy has the potential of becoming a really good NFL QB.

Comment

and they said this about another pac 10 player as well...does Akili Smith ring a bell?

Comment

Originally posted by HeavyHittas27
                  nope he wont win any super bowls and wont be on the broncos...3rd round pick AT BEST
                  your kidding...this guy will be one of the top 5 QB's taken in the draft, maybe even top 3....leinart, rodgers, walter

i had him at 4 before ortons fall...

walter might fall to the second round....but wont be a 3rd at best
                  Last edited by EddyMac87; 11-06-2004, 07:12 PM.

Comment

I dont know about the draft and all... but tonight against Stanford.... What a game 28/43 415 yards 4TD's and 1 INT...

ASU was behind in the 4th quarter 31-25 with 2:02 left and the ball at the ASU 19. Stanford had just scored. Mr. Walter engineered an 81 yard drive for a TD# 79 to give ASU the lead with 9 seconds left. 81 yards in 1:53 in the 4rth quarter. This guy is gonna go far. There are still 9 seconds left, so I dont know if Stanford will suceed in a Hail Marry attempt... but the point being, this guy is gonna go far in the NFL... he is underrated, but then again the underrated QB's ones have come on top, while the premier ones have not... eg. Mcnabb, Culpepper vs. Couch... Ben R vs Eli & Rivers...

Comment

i used to play against him n high school

Comment

Originally posted by communist
                        I dont know about the draft and all... but tonight against Stanford.... What a game 28/43 415 yards 4TD's and 1 INT...

ASU was behind in the 4th quarter 31-25 with 2:02 left and the ball at the ASU 19. Stanford had just scored. Mr. Walter engineered an 81 yard drive for a TD# 79 to give ASU the lead with 9 seconds left. 81 yards in 1:53 in the 4rth quarter. This guy is gonna go far. There are still 9 seconds left, so I dont know if Stanford will suceed in a Hail Marry attempt... but the point being, this guy is gonna go far in the NFL... he is underrated, but then again the underrated QB's ones have come on top, while the premier ones have not... eg. Mcnabb, Culpepper vs. Couch... Ben R vs Eli & Rivers...
                        so your calling stanfords secondary one of the best? now what numbers did he put up against cal and usc?

Comment

yeah he had 2 bad games in the season (against top 5 ranked D's). The reason for them, ASU this year is horrible with the run. They are playing with their 5th string running back, and their RB is changing every week. Thats not the point though.

The point of this thread is that Walter has 3 more games to go, with 80 TD passes, already has broken elway's record 76, and has the chace to put it miles ahead. Dont get offended cause he broke Elway's records... records are meant to be broken, but my point of the thread is that, this guy in the NFL is gonna go far, and would watch out for him.

Comment

Originally posted by communist
                            but my point of the thread is that, this guy in the NFL is gonna go far, and would watch out for him.
                            Not necessarily so. The NFL draft is a crap shoot at best. I seem to remember this great QB by the name of Ryan Leaf that was supposed to do great things. I also remember a CB that played for the Broncos... Umm.. Deltha somebody or other. Both were 1st round busts. There's other players like TD who were selected late in the draft that have far outperformed higher draftees of the same position.

My point is that great college players do not necessarily make great NFL players and players selected early in the draft do not necessarily make great NFL players. I believe Shanahan himself said you do the best you can with the draft and hope the picks play out the way you hope they will. Translation: The NFL draft is a crap shoot at best.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGlue Factory
                              Not necessarily so. The NFL draft is a crap shoot at best. I seem to remember this great QB by the name of Ryan Leaf that was supposed to do great things. I also remember a CB that played for the Broncos... Umm.. Deltha somebody or other. Both were 1st round busts. There's other players like TD who were selected late in the draft that have far outperformed higher draftees of the same position.

My point is that great college players do not necessarily make great NFL players and players selected early in the draft do not necessarily make great NFL players. I believe Shanahan himself said you do the best you can with the draft and hope the picks play out the way you hope they will. Translation: The NFL draft is a crap shoot at best.
                              Another thing to look at is CHARACTER. If the player has good work habits and is willing to learn and has good character then he can do well in the NFL. Also needs to know how to handle money correctly.
                              Go Broncos!!! - Hosea 10:12

Comment

Working...
                              X