Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shoule the Broncos go for Charles Woodson?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shoule the Broncos go for Charles Woodson?

He's a free agent this year and he obviously unhappy in Raiderland.

To answer your question... ."Yes". I think the Raiders are going to get picked apart in Free Agency next year. The entire Football team is unhappy there. There should be some quality players available, and nothings better than pulling a good player from a Division Rival.

Nuff said...

Not as lean & Not as mean.. but damn proud to claim the title of (former) U.S. Marine
    ~DBMAdsf Llaus @T m0 P^~

Comment

I honestly think that the secondary we have should be left in tact. No additions, no subtractions. They are performing very well and will only get better given time and teaching. I think for the most part they are all young enough to give Denver a dominant secondary for years to come.

Sometimes you bring in a player of Woodsons status and it can have a negative effect on what seems to be a very cohesive unit.
      Individual commitment to a group effort - that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work.

It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

Vince Lombardi

Comment

I don't know. We haven't had much luck with big free-agents who have a history of mouthing off. (See Daryl Gardener) He's definitely talented but do we want to risk another fiasco like that? Surely there's another good DB out there who doesn't have recent history of badmouthing his coach.
        "You can't take the sky from me..."
        ------
        "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Good points ( both Jav and Pik )....

Our secondary is indeed young, and will improve over time. I still think that for the near future, DB will be an area we need to improve on. It doesn't necessarily have to be Woodson, but then again... No one hates the Raiders more than Shanahan does. I betcha he is foaming at the mouth to steal a quality player from them. Mebbe we could rely on the Draft and pick up a good quality DB in the first round. Seems like in the Shanahan era, we consistently beef up offense in the early rounds though.

Nuff said...

Not as lean & Not as mean.. but damn proud to claim the title of (former) U.S. Marine
          ~DBMAdsf Llaus @T m0 P^~

Comment

I agree about past free agents mouthing off, but it isn't like Woodson has a long history of this. He voiced his opinion this year when things were going downhill. Sometimes this is the sign of a true leader and someone that hates losing.

I think he would be a great addition to our secondary, and moving Herndon to nickel would only strengthen us. I think Woodson would love coming to a rival of the Raiders so he could stick it to them twice a year. I think he would look good in "predominately" orange.

Comment

Originally posted by NOLABroncofan
              Good points ( both Jav and Pik )....

Our secondary is indeed young, and will improve over time. I still think that for the near future, DB will be an area we need to improve on. It doesn't necessarily have to be Woodson, but then again... No one hates the Raiders more than Shanahan does. I betcha he is foaming at the mouth to steal a quality player from them. Mebbe we could rely on the Draft and pick up a good quality DB in the first round. Seems like in the Shanahan era, we consistently beef up offense in the early rounds though.

Nuff said...
              Don't forget that we tried just a few years ago, in back-to-back drafts, to get a cornerback in the first round, Deltha O'neal and Willie Middlebrooks. As good as Shanny is as picking running backs, he's seems to be equally bad at picking cornerbacks. I think free-agency might be the best bet.
              "You can't take the sky from me..."
              ------
              "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

how about springs?
                Rivers, Suck it long suck it hard.

You too Cutler.

Comment

C. Woodson would help us out a ton. As much as you love the boys we have now we could use the help. This year it's been our downfall and C. Wood would help out alot. Of course when the Broncos play the Raiders he would be covering Terrell Owens who will be on the Raiders team next year. Rice and Brown will go and they will move Owens accross the bay, he just bought a huge house here, he's not leaving and the 49ers won't be able to afford him. They will move Julian Peterson to the franchise player and let Owen entertain offers.

Comment

Woodson and Walls...That would be a couple of big corners. Walls just needs to get stronger, gain weight and refine his technique.
                    Originally posted by boltzpride619
                    What's so funny is seeing all this mess that the Donks and the fans have placed on themselves. Can you say Raiders.

Originally posted by RunByDesign
                    True comedy is observing the Self Imploding Organization that is the Raiders and then asking yourself this question:

What separates them (Raiders) from us (Chargers)

Answer: Championships.

Comment

We need a quality CB desperately, Herndon is beginning to get the flow, and O'neal is turning into a wideout and Walls is to slow, so either Woodson or draft the one guy from Oklahoma
                      sigpic

When love and skill work together, expect a masterpiece- John Ruskin

Comment

Originally posted by rascal
                        how about springs?
                        Springs would be nice...but he still have bad dreams about Ed McCaffery in 97.

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
                        2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Comment

Originally posted by AsianOrange
                          Springs would be nice...but he still have bad dreams about Ed McCaffery in 97.
                          Hell yeah, I remember that. 87 took it to him.

Comment

I think Springs is a better player then Woodson(!).....

I also think Springs might resign with the Hawks...I wouldn't see why not.

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
                            2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Comment

Woodson's salary demands would be too much to handle.

Also, he hasn't impressed me the last two years.

Now if one of those corners in Buffalo wants out, I am all for it.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
                              You should check these guys out

Comment

Working...
                              X