Foxsports article: Fox didn't put Tebow in position to win

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foxsports article: Fox didn't put Tebow in position to win

A very interesting read. I have a hard time believing an NFL head coach would purposely put his QB in a losing position, but is he really that bad? I was excited when we hired Fox, but since then I have been very disappointed. Even before Tebow was starting I was no fan of his decisions. He was brought in to make the defense better, but they are not playing well at all. I'm not so sure it won't be at least 10 years before this franchise gets back on its feet. Things are very bad for the Broncos. Anyways: here is the article:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/T...t-Lions-103011

I really didn't read the article

The game planning and offensive play calls yesterday was horrid and just as bad as the play of the QB ...
    :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo:

Comment

tebow played poorly, no doubt.....he made some good throws but one stat i saw displayed showed the sacks, the "hurries" and pressured throws as a percentage of plays where tebow dropped back to pass and it was well over half of the plays (2/3?).........ANY qb needs outlet, dumps, checkoffs, quick slants to counter heavy pass rush pressure and i hardly ever saw those types of quick passes......one play i remembered was from the endzone angle and as tebow was getting assaulted on all sides from the pass rush, he was looking downfield and every receiver in the picture was STILL running their routes with their backs to the QB........RIDICULOUS.....sabotage is a strong word but who knows?......you march down the field on the first series 60 yds and have a near TD ( i think the replay official blew the call) and then change back to tebow under center and 3 yds and a cloud of dust......without mcgahee there is no running attack........me, i think tebow was hung up and left out to dry.....have a nice day.....

Comment

Originally posted by LarryDean View Post
        I really didn't read the article

The game planning and offensive play calls yesterday was horrid and just as bad as the play of the QB ...
        No doubt, what happened to the Tebow friendly offense?

I really didn't see much of it.

Comment

How bout that the play calling was horrible because they understand Tebow's limitations. Vertical routes because he had difficulty making timing passes.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PowderAddict View Post

hes got to throw the ball in order for it to be friendly
            sigpic
            -------

Comment

Poor execution in the miami game and it was blamed on the play calling. They called some different plays in the Detroit game and its poor execution again. You can call plays from whatever play book you want but if you cant execute you cant win.

Comment

the moment a passing play is called any offense ceased to become a tebow friendly one

Comment

I made this same declaration up here yesterday during halftime and I got beat up on the boards. The fact is, they refused to run quick routes to allow him to get in a rhythm. I made the point yesterday that all we saw with Orton was 3 to 7 yard passes (quick passing routes), now with Tebow everything is vertical. In response, all i got was that I'm being a Tebow homer that's putting the blame on everyone else. I'm not a Tebow homer, Im a Bronco homer. **BUT the obvious is INDEED the obvious!**

LET'S GO BRONCOS

Comment

Originally posted by Bigwheel View Post
                    I made this same declaration up here yesterday during halftime and I got beat up on the boards. The fact is, they refused to run quick routes to allow him to get in a rhythm. I made the point yesterday that all we saw with Orton was 3 to 7 yard passes (quick passing routes), now with Tebow everything is vertical. In response, all i got was that I'm being a Tebow homer that's putting the blame on everyone else. I'm not a Tebow homer, Im a Bronco homer. **BUT the obvious is INDEED the obvious!**

LET'S GO BRONCOS
                    The receivers WERE running quick routes. We also ran several screen plays against the blitz, which would have worked if Tebow actually took those completions.

Do pepople not understand that Tebow takes FOREVER to throw the football and lacks any type of consistent accuracy whatsoever?
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bigwheel View Post

LET'S GO BRONCOS
                      tebow doesn't have near the accuracy or timing for that
                      the vertical passing game plays to his strengths- toss it up and hope god intervenes

Comment

Offensively, its 3 fold. Poor QB decision making, bad play calling, bad receiver hands.

Some passes were poor by Tebow but there were atleast 5 or 6 which hit the receivers in the hands and they straight up just dropped the ball.

If Tebow would have gotten rid of the ball quicker, things would have been different because his overall accuracy yesterday was much better compared to the Miami game.

If the Tebow haters refuse to acknowledge that then they are just as blind as the Tebow fanatics.

The root of the problem and poor play is decision making. Bottom line.
                        Denver Broncos
                        New York Yankees
                        New York Knicks
                        Colorado Avalanche

sigpic

Comment

Let's not put this all on the feet of FOX. We basjed Orton for the L, so we must call out Tebow for his poor play. Win or loss doesn't matter with Tebow... What matters is do we see growth from the MIA game to the end of the year? If he's playing like this Week 15 then we know we need to draft a QB with our first pick.

I think we draft a QB either way, but if Tim shows some development over the next few games, it might ensure he gets an honest look during the offseason. Who knows.

BUT, if TT continues to be this bad... He will be pulled. And that means he's done.

Comment

I saw things that were, to me, fireable decisions by both Dennis Allen and Mike McCoy. Mike McCoy's decisions were far worse than Dennis Allen's. And Dennis Allen's were pretty bad.

Imagine you're a receiver. The corner covering you is 10 yards off. At the snap of the football, he starts moving backwards. What's open to you? To me, if I backed him off 10 yards and just turned around (hook) then that would be open to me. What wouldn't be open are 9 routes down the field. You're just spinning your wheels because the corners are basically running a cover 3 with no one underneath. After you burn them with that, you wait for them to adjust by bringing the corners up. That means they're pulling the safety out of the box. That means we can run the football. But, of course, we didn't do that.

And Mike McCoy couldn't figure that out for 3 quarters. He kept going deep. I almost wonder if in the 3rd or 4th quarter if Elway or someone didn't step in and say something. Because the play-calling was so different halfway through the 3rd quarter. Short, high percentage passes on 3 step drops started being the norm. And Tebow was completing them. Tebow was actually throwing in rhythm. Then he ruined it with a pick six. But it was Tebow throwing the football short that drove us down the field. Out routes, crossing routes, curls. That's what I want to see from our offense. This bombs away downfield has a short-percentage success rate, even for elite passers.

Comment

Originally posted by kingelway7 View Post
                              Offensively, its 3 fold. Poor QB decision making, bad play calling, bad receiver hands.

Some passes were poor by Tebow but there were atleast 5 or 6 which hit the receivers in the hands and they straight up just dropped the ball.

If Tebow would have gotten rid of the ball quicker, things would have been different because his overall accuracy yesterday was much better compared to the Miami game.

If the Tebow haters refuse to acknowledge that then they are just as blind as the Tebow fanatics.

The root of the problem and poor play is decision making. Bottom line.
                              He was 4 for 13 in the first half and we had...what, 11 consecutive 3 and outs?

That's not "much better" than he was in Miami. The only reason why he got a bit closer to 50% was because the Lions went into prevent towards the end of the third, when the game was pretty much out of hand.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X